"Cell" Star Tara Subkoff -- Post Brain Tumor

3/22/2010 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After being diagnosed with a benign brain tumor last summer, "The Cell" and "Last Days of Disco" actress Tara Subkoff was spotted this weekend in L.A. for the first time since undergoing surgery.

Tara Subkoff

The 37-year-old -- who also started design label Imitation of Christ with good friend Chloe Sevigny -- hit up a couple of fashion events at L.A. Fashion Week.

According to reports, the tumor could have been fatal -- fortunately, Subkoff seems to be winning the battle.

Jehnavi

Brain tumors can be diagnosed by a basic neurological exam, including tests for eye movement, vision, hearing and reflexes. Brain scans, either an MRI or CT, can detect diseased brain tissue. Patients may also receive a surgical biopsy, where a small amount of the tumor tissue is removed for testing.

Bella

This is in NO way a joke or a slight about her having a brain tumor, but what the heck is wrong with her head in those photos? Either you've Photoshopped her head on someone else's much smaller body, or her head is huge.

molly

She looks good, in a dead-eyed, Stepford Wife, frontal lobotomy "where's my Haldol?" kind of way.

jfp

Does anyone outside of tmz know who this is? And I bet you guys had to look it up.

Sherry

Why does her head look so big??? She looks like a candy apple.

SolarMal

Glad she is OK, but what's with the giant head and no neck? Who the hell is this anyway?

Gripweed

I'm of course glad that she is beating cancer, but does she really need her own bobblehead doll?

jfp

photoshop!

No doubt about it but why?

Warren

Are you people that friggin stupid? She had a brain tumor and probably lost weight from laying in a hospital and bed for weeks. She could not afford to lose weight by the "before picture" so give her some time to gain.

Urall Khuntz

I guess she did not have the time to change out of her hospital gown. people these days, just get up and go!!!

Princessof♥s

Gripweed...Benign means not cancer. Malignant is cancer. The article said it was a benign tumor, so obviously she did not battle cancer. Benign tumors can end up being fatal because of other factors like location.

And I see nothing wrong with the size of her head.

John

It's probably the angle of the shot that is making her head look bigger in the first photo. She was probably moving and the camera snapped her in mid pose.

I like her hair.

shooter

Yep...photoshopped...badly.

Pino

I don’t know who she is.. But from those 2 pictures, it looks like she impersonating Winona Ryder

Jason

I feel bad for Tara, but she stiffed me on a payment for a BeBe video I helped her with. Just because she had a brain tumor doesn't make her a good person.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments