Ricky Martin --

'I Am a

Fortunate Homosexual'

3/29/2010 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

RickyRicky Martin
has revealed that he is a gay man.

Martin -- who has dodged questions of his sexuality for years -- just posted the following message on his official website: "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

Martin says the birth of his twin sons led to his decision to come out -- and according to the singer, "To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where [sic] born with."

Ricky's kids were born in August 2008.

Peter

Nothing good about this revelation. Heterosexual is better.

Hey!

We all knew it. :p

James

Wow! Looks like Kathy Griffin just scored a hot date for her next red carpet gig.

jan

$$$$$ The livin la vida loca days are over$$$$$ Now let try to sell a book$$$$ the right thing to do was to come out in the 90's not 2010 but I guess it's all about the benjamins baby$$$

Yes nooooo

First Miss No (nothing at all) Please forgive me for being a bit crude but I hope you douche before you give up sex so you're fresh and clean. Most respectable gay men will do the same before engaging in sexual intercourse. Someone may think of you having sexy as nasty but that doesn't stop you from trying. And no one knows Gods Intentions. You're going on a book that was written in a much different world. (the Bible was written by man, therefore it has faults) No God did not sit down with each writer and dictate his thoughts to them. It has been changed so many times to fit mans needs at that given moment. Also Miss No. I sure hope you're not going to wear that cashmere scarf with that wool suit and cotton top; if so it's an abomination before God.

meri

The whole truth is that Ricky Martin has been raped during his time in Menudo, forced to be a part of many orgies etc & that’s why he claimed he’s homosexual, let ask him what happened to him from 1984 to 1989. It's also one of the reasons he fights against children sexual abuse...Think over it!

brainstorm

uuh oooh. and what about Rebecca de Alba?? they were dating for ages!

Craig

This makes me want to come out of the close too. But not about being gay. I'm straight as an arrow. And that's the problem. I'm a straight guy who isn't into sports. All these years I've been faking a sportsgasm so that our sports obsessed society will accept me. Google "Faking a Sportsgasm" to see what I'm talking about.

Delicious

It’s amazing how he says Many people told me not to speak out.... Well guess what Ricky you're a liar, you deceived your female fans because you're selfish, all cared about was making money, selling cd's, selling books, and whatever other crap you sell. Stop being a hypocrite, because the only reason you didn't come out was because you knew you'd lose your female fans. Which in reality you have more female fans than none-g@y men fans. You always spoke so highly of things, meanwhile you're a BIG liar.

I wasn't a fan, but this sure reminds me of George Michael. When George Michael came out he also said bye to his career.

Ugh

No surprise...but all the best to you and your kids !

Rafael

Why is this news? everyone knew he was.

aleximaq

'Bout damn time...oh and Ricky...WE ALREADY KNEW!!!! Love ya...

Robyn

Um who cares? He always sucked. This is to get publicity and thats IT.

e33

congrats

Anastasia

Does he really think we didn't know?