John Forsythe Dies

4/2/2010 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John ForsytheJohn Forsythe -- one of the most famous TV actors ever -- died yesterday.

Forsythe was best known for his roles on "Charlie's Angels," "Dynasty" and "Bachelor Father."

Forsythe died of pneumonia and cancer. He was 92.

In lieu of flowers, John's wife and family request donations to the American Cancer Society.

There will be no public service.

remembering John forsythe

kgb

Loved him!
What a gorgeous classy gentleman.
RIP

WiddoMouse

He lived a long life and remained a handsome man even into his older years. His was a voice that was recognized over the years even when he had not done much acting lately. He was blessed to have had a wife who was with him to the end. May we all recognize such blessings in our own lives.

Vic

Heavens gain this time. God speed to John.

rotter

Cool Dude.... Just watched the old 1944 WWII movie, "Destination Tokyo,and he was in it. Probably one of his first roles. RIP.

ME

To Joy - Yes I remember Bachelor Father well. I used to watch re-runs of it as a small child and I just loved the show. Mr. Forsythe was wonderful in it. But, again, I never saw him in anything he wasn't wonderful in. He had a final tv show that only made it one season many years ago, after Dynasty, called the Powers That Be (a sitcom) and I thought it was fantastic as well.

He was the epitome of a true gentleman and a real leading man. God bless you Mr. Forsythe and thank you so much.

Raejean

He was always such a cool, classy, handsome guy. And he had a sense of humor, too. Don't forget his role in "Scrooged" as the former business parter.

Whatever

RIP. Loved you as Blake!

Zeek Woot

Wow, 92 huh? I didnt realize he was that old.

ROU
www.anonymous-surfing.us.tc

Tigress Woody

RIP Mr. Forsythe. He had it all - the looks, the voice, the charm, the personality. What a humble person and class act you are - and we'll miss you dearly.

Kooky Fan

He was quite the man and actor - RIP John.

MyThoughts

One of the very few left in Hollywood who had class. RIP, and God Bless you and your family.

Beau

Ghost #30

I agree with you about Robert Kulp.

TMZ had said nothing.

mellow

RIP "Charlie" your work will live on...and I am lonely in this but loved the Trouble w/Harry

mellow

When *other* crew members were urinating over themselves about Rock Hudson this man showed such class and never said one thing, not a concern or a derogatory remark. I was a kid then but it stood out to me and I still remember it.
May your next journey be wonderful.

JLS

Ahhhh to silence that wonderful voice is just terrible. RIP John. You brought all of us great pleasure in your life. We won't forget you! Hug Farrah for me. Tell her I honor her life here on earth often.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments