Conan O'Brien -- From TBD to TBS

4/12/2010 1:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Conan O'Brien -- From TBD to TBSIn a total shocker, Conan O'Brien will not be going to FOX ... but instead he's shacking up with TBS.

Conan will host a show Monday - Thursday at 11 PM EST -- getting a 30 minute jump on nemesis Jay Leno.

Once the show debuts, George Lopez's show -- "Lopez Tonight"  -- will move to midnight. Short story for George -- the lead-in is a dream come true.

Conan just tweeted -- "The good news: I will be doing a show on TBS starting in November! The bad news: I'll be playing Rudy on the all new Cosby Show."

0412_COCO_301

UpstateNYer

Oh good. Thanks for the info.... I won't have to worry about missing anything good at 11pm on TBS.

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes! He's back!

Craig

Here we go again now we have to go through this BS. God I can't stand this crap. Please go away.

coco

yayyyyyy for Conan!!

LaToya Jackson

I'm with Coco

Rob J

I'm a HUGE Conan fan. But I really would have preferred he worked it out with FOX.

Going to TBS seems like a step backwards.

Like a major league ball player, downgrading back into the minor leagues.

I also find it a little amusing, that his main initial beef with NBC, was because 'Tonight' was being pushed into 'tomorrow', as they wanted to move him to 12:05.

But isn't TBS and Conan bumping 'Lopez Tonight', into tomorrow? Seems rather hypocritical to me!

Anyway, glad to get Conan back on the air!

cochino

hah. it won't last.

proof that he blows will surface quick and he will get canned - again

Andre M.

While I am aware that anyone with cable gets TBS, his audience is suddenly a lot smaller than one on FOX would have been. This has to be pretty disappointing for Conan.

Rob J

#8. He lasted 17 years.

Rob J

I kinda agree, #9.

And I do have to wonder, if refusing to push back the start time of his show a half hour on NBC, was really worth it, if THIS was the end result of it all.

dailypiff

George Lopez success made this happen

D a i l y P i f f . N e t WHY WOMEN CANT HANDLE BEING DISSED

D a i l y P i f f . N e t UGLY WITH SWAG OR PRETTY WITH NO SWAG?

D a i l y P i f f . N e t WHY HUSBAND AND WIFE CANT BOTH BE BOSS,

D a i l y P i f f . N e t WOMEN WHO LET MEN SLIDE WITH CHEATING

D a i l y P i f f . N e t IF YOU EVER CALLED A UGLY PERSON “SEXY”

Optimus

People of Earth -

So Conan is "screwing" George Lopez and taking his spot without letting George Lopez "build his fan base". Moving "Lopez Tonight" to midnight will make the meaning of "Tonight" in the show's title nonsensical!

I can't sit here and watch the destruction of Lopez Tonight. Especially with a lead-in being ANOTHER TALK SHOW!

I'm creating Team GOLO, so all us George Lopez fan boys can bitch and moan.

(CONAN=HYPOCRITE!)

Brian S

I would not see this as a good thing for Conan. On the west coast, this would put him on at 8PM as TBSHD does not give separate feeds for each time zone.

Elmer Flobbergob

Good! I'm glad he stayed away from those slimbags at fox.

Zorch

So four nights a week (M-F) on basic cable.
Wonder how much money he's getting for that.
Well, he doesn't need the money but it will
provide employment for many of his staff.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments