Conan O'Brien -- From TBD to TBS

4/12/2010 1:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Conan O'Brien -- From TBD to TBSIn a total shocker, Conan O'Brien will not be going to FOX ... but instead he's shacking up with TBS.

Conan will host a show Monday - Thursday at 11 PM EST -- getting a 30 minute jump on nemesis Jay Leno.

Once the show debuts, George Lopez's show -- "Lopez Tonight"  -- will move to midnight. Short story for George -- the lead-in is a dream come true.

Conan just tweeted -- "The good news: I will be doing a show on TBS starting in November! The bad news: I'll be playing Rudy on the all new Cosby Show."

0412_COCO_301

Gail

At least at TBS he will get the time to find his audience.

COCO good luck!!

Horndog

Our long national nightmare is finally over.

Ben from Baltimore

I won't be watching. I will NOT pay to see/listen something that I used to be able to see/listen to for free. I made the mistake of paying a bar to see a pay per view boxing match with my girlfriend and another friend that wasn't even worth it ($25 at the door, food/drinks were extra) because it was over in 2 rounds. There used to be a low power pirate analog FM broadcast of Howard Stern on frequency 90.5 in my neighborhood that I could pick up on a cheap $10 radio that I have in my kitchen, but because Sirius/XM started cracking down on these low power pirate broadcasts of Howard Stern, it no longer exists.

CriticAl

I like the sound of this deal. Conan and George teaming up on TBS.
The FOX deal was doomed from the start. FOX wouldn't have given him a real shot, and the affiliates were already mad because they want to show frickin' reruns.

Matt

This is not a huge step back for Conan. To move from Late Night to The Tonight Show, he had to grow up. Nobody who likes Conan wants him to grow up. On network TV, virtually anywhere from 11-12:35 you have to be an "adult." I am thrilled Conan is going to cable because he can be Conan.

CalCrazy

I wonder if any of you have actually read any other articles, particularly since they say that Lopez HIMSELF called Conan and asked him to come to TBS. Obviously, if Lopez wasn't supporting this, he wouldn't have gone to that length to try and get Conan to join the network.

So before you start calling anyone a Hypocrite, perhaps you should do some actual research :)

Nicole

Of course they haven't read anything, Leno fans don't know how to read.

Anne Cates

Okay, I got through 10 minutes of Conan and that was it for me. He is not funny, he is just plain silly and the voids in between his jokes makes it even worse. Does he think jumping up in the air is funny?????? Lulls in a comedy monolog surely aren't funny. Perhaps his guests will be good, but I can't sit and watch Conan long enought to get to that point. As they say--"Give him the hook"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3