TMZ Live: Michael Lohan Explains Himself

4/22/2010 6:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Lohan sat face to face with Harvey Levin today -- moments after he and the L.A. Sheriff's Department left Lindsay Lohan's apartment ... to explain everything that went down inside.

0422_tmzlive2_video

UPDATE: Lindsay is tweeting up a storm. Among her slings and arrows:

- Michael is full of it that she sleeps on the floor with a mattress ... "Hahaha also, just an fyi, i sleep in a bed, it's a comforpedic & it's fantastical!! so that is ah-really ah-rude to say i have no furniture."

- "My friend doesn't drive 100mph!! my dad is the one who drove into a telephone pole!!!! hello! i'm not up ALL NIGHT!!! stop lying!"

- "The police had NO probable cause breaking and entering into my home which is the only place i find privacy ... this is MY personal space."

DerpFace

Michael Lohan shows no empathy for his daughters pain. Harvey, do u sympathize with michael? do you believe him? I still dont feel convinced that he is sincere. Does Dina have an alcoholism problem?

robin

Do you think if paid that Jamie Spears could turn Lindsay around like he did Britney?

tristan

Someone should kidnap Lindsay, take her home and feed her soup and self-esteem mantras for 6 months. Cause her family sure don't know what the **** to do with her.

JUstin

WHAT ARE YOU FOLKS TALKING ABOUT--THIS GIRL IS ABOUT TO DROP DEAD, I GUESS YOU GUYS ARE USED TO ACTORS DYING OF OVERDOSE--IS THAT WHAT YOU GUYS WANT---

FEEL SORRY FOR LINDSEY--LOL---BEFORE OR AFTER SHE DIES?

JUstin

LOOK , I KNOW HOW HEALTHY HER LITTLE SISTER LOOKED BEFORE SHE LEFT FOR HOLLYWOOD--I WAS SHOCKED WHEN I SAW HER PICTURE TODAY--LOOKING LIKE A HOMELESS FREAK---THAT GIRL IS ALREADY TAKING WHAT LINDSEY IS ON--

THE FATHER IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT--I WOULD GO TO PLANET PLUTO, I HAVE TO---

KEEP SCREAMING MICHEAL,,,,,,,,,,,,

tgrfan42069

michael FTW dina is nothing but an idiot she says linday dont have any problems.

Caroline

If it were just Michael Lohan saying Lindsay has a problem I wouldn't necessarily believe it but apparently some of her own friends are worried she's going to die. Given that situation having Ali with her seems like a bad idea. I'd hate for Ali to wake up one morning and find her sister dead. Hopefully someone will talk Lindsay into getting help before it's too late.

FrankCA

I kind of think he has to explain himself to TMZ because of his previous actions. I don't like him but it's about time someone did something about that Mom. He at least seems sane right now and not stupid like the mother. I love Harvey and how he doesn't care and asks the questions we are all thinking. It's pretty sad when ML comes out looking like the good one out of this group right now when normally he looks like a bad dad. This family needs help! Sucks for LH too. Nothing worse then dealing with drama after you have been partying hard. I know I hate it LMAO!

D

At least the dad is trying to do something, the mom sending a 16 yr old to LA w/no supervision is just stupid. What's she thinking?

Miss Bitch

Here are the facts:
1. Michael is a famewhoring pig,
2. Dina is a famewhoring pig in denial
3. Lindsay is a famewhoring drug addict
4. Ali is underage.

CPS should have been involved a long time ago, and Michael should not be talking to TMZ about his efforts to "save" Lindsay. A qualified professional should handle an intervention, but as long as Dina says she's "fine" none of this will happen.

The moral of this story is DINA LOHAN IS A FAILURE OF A MOTHER. IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO EITHER OF THOSE TWO GIRLS, IT'S ON HER HEAD.

Maria

No matter what other particulars may or may not exist concerning the relationships within this family, Mr. Lohan deserves all the credit in the world.

How on earth can Dina Lohan claim that her daughter is okay?!?! This borders on child neglect despite Lindsey's age. Dina Lohan is choosing to let her personal feelings towards her husband and their relationship take precendent over her dying daughter. The mother should be charged with enabling and conspiring, if only there was such a law on the books for family cir***stances like this.

And I would hope that Mr. Lohan would have the right to rescue his younger daughter from Lindsey's home, if he wished. Sixteen is still underage, is it not?

Bad enough Dina Lohan is selfishly corrupted by an ugly hunger for fame, but to then permit her younger daughter to be part of the social circle which has contributed in destroying her older daughter is unforgivable. The "mother" needs to be called out by every voice able to be heard!

I wish Mr. Lohan nothing but the best in his valient effort to save his daughter.

This was one of the most riveting interviews I have seen on TMZ. Well done, Harvey and Mike.

Tom

God only knows what that little sister is being subjected to... Lindsay parties all night until she's unconcious. She's clearly mixing prescription meds with alcohol and having the time of her short life.

The young sister is in danger if she's hanging out with big sis. Call the dad what you will but at least somebody is asking about little sis. He may be a s***bag but I believe he cares about those girls. Where's the mom? Who in their right mind would let a minor stay with Lindsay Lohan?

Maria

As to my post at #46 ~ TMZ, GET YOUR COMMENT SECTION IN ORDER SO THAT I CAN FREELY SPELL C I R C U M S T A N C E S WITHOUT YOUR DATA BASE ASSUMING THAT THE 4thm 5th & 6th LETTERS OF THIS WORD TOGETHER MAKE IT OFFENSIVE AND NOT PRINTABLE.

SAD !!!!!!! It is obvious you have far too many off-color offenders writing in, but how disgusting that this innocuous word and my acceptable comment has to suffer because of them!

I guess I will not be able to spell E M B A R R A S S I N G either!

JUstin

THERE'S NO WAY IN THE WORLD ALI IS NOT ALREADY TAKING SOMETHING--

GO DO A QUICK BEFORE AND AFTER PIC OF ALI , ITS ABUNDANTLY CLEAR , THAT GIRL IS ALREADY POPPING BILLS.

DINA DIDN'T WANT TO BE BOTHERED WITH MORE RESPONSIBLILTY(SHE WANTS TO PARTY MORE)

I MEAN , A 16 YR IN HOLLYWIERD , LINDSEY IS OUT SCORING MORE DRUGS--AND THIS IS OKAY...OOOOHH HHEELL NAAAYY

DINA WANTS TO PULL THIS HOLLYWOOD MANAGER BULLSH** , THAT EVERYBODY CAN SEE THROUGH...

KEEP EMBARRASSING THEM...MEICHEAL--THIS IS THE ONLY WAY HOLLYWOOD ACTORS(WELL..LOL) RESPOND..SHINE THE LIGHT SUPER BRIGHT

Honey

Why is TMZ allowing themselves to be used for Mr. Lohan? He just wants attention!!!. Why else would he bother to stop by TMZ before seeing a lawyer? If he was so concerned about his daughters well being why didn't he consulted a lawyer prior to creating a media circus. (Note: Mr. Spears did not run to TMZ!)