Bret Michaels -- Stabilized

4/24/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0423_brett_michaels_EX_TMZ_01Bret Michaels is awake, in good spirits and talking ... TMZ has learned.

Ambre Lake, the Season 2 winner of "Rock of Love," tells TMZ she's spoken with people who are close to Bret who say he's stabilized and conscious.

Lake's tale matches another contestant who has also spoken with Bret's bandmates.

We're told the next 24 to 48 hours are critical -- Bret will be closely monitored.

pink_sapphirexo

I'm praying for his recovery.

Stephanie Jo

Godspeed. Hope his children are by him, they're so close.

Melanie

Oh please please let this be true! Bret needs to be okay!

Ms Kris

good news wish him the best Fellow diabetic same age he got it

mahogany

Sending lots of positive energy, prayers, hopes and wishes to Bret that he makes a full recovery. My advise to Bret: Take it easy dude... bust out the rocker and the Pendleton fer awhile.

Tana

Get Well soon Brett your Babies need you!

M

who's the other contestant?

cyn

Prayhing for you Bret.

Chellie

Don't you die on us Bret. Still stuck in the 80's here buddy, can't be havin all my music idols dying... If you do, I'll be sure to have Mark St. John whoop your arse in heaven for goin' out the way he did. Love ya man!!

Evelyn J. Kern

Awww. I just said a prayer for you and your family Brett.. I'll keep watching the news for upadates my friend.

Blue Craze

He is the Michael Landon of his generation.

Denise

Hope this is true TMZ and your reporting is accurate. I hold my breath everytime I log on praying to NOT see that he has passed. Prayers are being sent Bret, hang in there and fight man!

Stepaerobicfan

According to Yahoo/Reuters, they have spoken to a spokeswoman in Michaels' camp. (not Ambre, an official spokeswoman) but like everyone has mentioned, the next 48 hrs are very critical. Even though he is up and talking...things could change. Let's hope he is over the worst part and now can move forward with his life!!

Lifelong bret fan

Many years ago,when Poison was at the top of the charts, I wrote a review of a concert they did which got published in a small paper. I sent a copy to the band's management and Bret called me to thank me. Whenever I am feeling low I remember that call. Bret you lifted my spirits and gave me confidence that day. I am sending you healing thoughts right now.

jlgrr

Brett and his family- escpecially his little girls are in my prayers!