Bret Michaels -- Stabilized

4/24/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0423_brett_michaels_EX_TMZ_01Bret Michaels is awake, in good spirits and talking ... TMZ has learned.

Ambre Lake, the Season 2 winner of "Rock of Love," tells TMZ she's spoken with people who are close to Bret who say he's stabilized and conscious.

Lake's tale matches another contestant who has also spoken with Bret's bandmates.

We're told the next 24 to 48 hours are critical -- Bret will be closely monitored.

Jen

Hang in there Bret, your family and friends, and your fans love you. Keep fighting the good fight.

ylg

How can he be joking with nurse after a massive brain hemmorrage? I smell publicity stunt.

debbie

Common sense tells you he has tubes and isn't talking to any doctor will tell you that Pulse a big hole were they drilled. His life is slipping away and like everyone else I wish it wasn't. The truth is if they quoted Massive hemgrage he isn't with us anymore. My heart breaks but the Truth stands out. I wish you were with us but Bret God has speed and will take you to a place comfortable. God bless all that you have done. God bless your children.

debbie

Common sense tells you he has tubes and isn't taking any doctor will tell you that Pulse a big hole were they drilled. His life is slipping away and like everyone else I wish it wasn't. The truth is if they quoted Massive hemgrage he isn't with us anymore. My heart breaks but the Truth stands out. I wish you were with us but Bret God has speed and will take you to a place comfortable. God bless all that you have done. God bless your children.

debbie

You know he can't talk our smile thier are tubes everywhere so what's coming out is false he had a massive hemrage kind of like a massage heart attack you just don't wake up smelling rosie your F@@ked...excuse me for saying that but I am a Thyroid Cancer Survivor and know that for sure!

Woot

Omg, Bret... you have SO many people who love you (most you've never even met) and are sending out their most powerful healing thoughts and vibes to surround you. Please take the best care of yourself you can.

YOU ARE LOVED.

Bubbajk

In 1997, at age 43, I awoke with my right side totally paralysed - it took me over 2 hours to get from my bed to where I could summon help. At the hospital, doctors diagnosed my condition as the same type of brain hemmorage, and told my family I would probably be dead within hours. I spent almost a week in ICU, and 2 months rehabbing, but today I show no signs that this event ever happened. I wish the same good fortune to Brett!

Me

It doesn't make any sense that it's a massive brain hemorrhage involving the brain stem, and less than 24 hours later, he's talking.

C'mon, Harvey. Think about this.

Woot

Hang in there, baby. Your positive, upbeat personality and genuine kindness are on your side. You WILL be well!

debbie

I am sorry as I can be for my thoughts I wish only that Bret makes it but reality is not good. I am although glad you made it and wish you the best. I have prayed for Bret but in my soul don't believe he can overcome this. But I prey on and hope for the best I will continue to monitor because I really like the guy and want him to live in gereral being myself in the hospital it doesn't work out that way and is long a drawn out lazy process.

Dave Harker

Brett I have never met you I am from Vancouver BC and watch you on the Apprentice. I am a very well off person and am praying that you do well!!!! your daughters need you hang in there buddy

JOHANNA WHERRY

BRETT, MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND HOPE THIS NEW STRESS DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR DAUGHTER WITH HER ISSUES WITH JUVINILE DIABETES. U ARE A GOOD HEARTED PERSON AND I WAS ROOTING FOR U ON CELEBRITY APPRENTICE. WHEN U FOUND OUT ABOUT YOUR DAUGHTER U WERE UPSET BUT DID NOT BAIL LIKE THE TRACK RUNNER. I THINK THIS MAY HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH U GETTING CLUNKED ON THE HEAD AT THAT AWARDS SHOW, AND HAS FINALLY SURFACED TO CAUSE THIS RECENT ISSUE. U KEEP THE FAITH BUDDY U KNOW U HAVE ALOT OF PEOPLE CHEERING FOR U TGO MAKE A FULL RECOVERY. IN BRETTS HONOR IF U ARE ABLE TO CAN WE ALL PULL TOGETHER AND SEND DONATIONS IN HIS NAME TO THE JUVINILE DIABETES FOUNDATION I KNOW BRETT WOULD THINK IT AWSOME

Lifelong bret fan

I am now almost 45. 10 years ago I woke up partially paralyzed on one side of my body - MS. But you would never know it now. I know of people who have had strokes and gone on. We can only keep Bret in our thoughts.

And to Mr. Harker. I am also in Vancouver BC.

JCThc

i hope bret michaels dies he's a worthless human being!!!!!!!!

JoeJonasGirl0676

Number 3. People do first so they can be annoying and just care about being first.

Now the reason I came over here. I hope and pray this is true cause this is great news if it is.