Bret Michaels -- The Odds of Survival

4/23/2010 6:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels doesn't just need good medical attention to survive his current condition -- he also needs luck.

According to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, people who don't receive proper medical treatment after suffering a subarachnoid hemorrhage have a 20% to 30% chance of experiencing a second bleed within the first month -- and the odds of surviving a second bleed are extremely slim.

Cedars states, "Recurrent bleeding has a 70% mortality rate."

Fortunately, Michaels is reportedly being treated in a capable medical center.

However, it appears as though Michaels is already beating the odds -- Cedars reports that roughly 1/3 of people who have a subarachnoid hemorrhage die during the hemorrhage because of extensive brain damage. Obviously, Michaels has already cleared that hurdle.

As for Michaels' treatment, Cedars warns, "Because of the ominous prognosis with delayed definitive therapy, referral to a center of excellence with experience in treating subarachnoid hemorrhage is imperative."

jlayne

I guess Hussie is perfect. Judging by the name, he/she is.

phyllis

Brett may you heal well and have all of gods blessing help you threw this i hope you get better and continue to be fantasy hubby lol lol I wish you well my friend I have loved you since poison first came out

Laura M.

Bret, my family's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. I prayed for you and will continue to do so.
I have enjoyed your music for many of my 32 years and have watched your shows and I love you on the Celebrity Apprentice. We have been rooting for you and Cindi Lauper to make it to the end.
We (your fans) are all pulling for you and wish you a speedy (and full) recovery.
Get better soon and keep fighting!
Love,
Laura M.

shelly beckett

With the diagnosis Brett has he needs the best hospital and team of DRS that deal specifically with anureisms.ANY anureism is dangerous however subarchnoid lower lobe of the brain is extreamly dangerous. My sister at the age of 51 suffered the same thing. We took her to HARPER UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL in DETROIT Michigan where they specialize in this.Dont let time get away every second counts even in the hospital.Make dam sure that these DRS.SPECIALIZE in this area.He will have a choice of a surgery called choling or another,go with choling.DONT LET ANYONE JUST LET HIM LAY THERE AND OBSERVE THATS THE WORST THING YOU CAN DO WITH THIS PROBLEM. HANG ON AND PRAY ALOT IT TAKES ALONG TIME IF HE MAKES IT THROUGH.MUCH LOVE AND GOD BLESS SHELLY BECKETT

joanna, Montreal, Canada

BRET I ABSOLUTELY love you, your honesty and your humour!! When I heard about your hemmorage I felt sick with grief. I been praying for you and your daughters. Watchin you on CA theses past few weeks has shown me that you are a true man of your word and someone who lives with interity... I rooting for you!!!

raynne tippins

Dear bret, from the bottom of my heart i wish you the best of luck and you are in my thoughts and prayers. I have been a fan from way back .Poison was awesome!!!!!! I really hope god is watching over you and chooses to let you stay on this earth cuz you still have so much to give. You have a beatiful family that needs you and i need you to keep making beatiful music . Ater that you need to get rid of that show. You are way to good for that. again my prayers are with you and your family. my god bless. all my love RAYNNE.

lisa

I'm so sorry this happened. I loved your show and you seemed to be doing well on trumps also. Alot, alot, alot of heart and talent ,(not to mention the package!) I'll be praying for you to have a speedy recovery. God bless and take care of yourself. WE LOVE YOU!!!!

Michele

Bret, I pray for your speedy recovery. You bring the gift of enjoyment every Sunday on Celebrity Apprentice. You are entertaining, sensitive and always honest. May you be blessed with the gift of good health.

deanna

i hope u get better brett. i will b praying for u. Be strong

Peaches

My Prayer Goes Out To Bret Michaels And His Family.Here Is A Prayer Recipe Of Mines.James 5:14 And John Chapter 14.Verse 12,13,14, Also Matthew Chapter 18 verse 18,19 I Also Will Go On A Fasting' Tell A Priest To Place The Spiritual Armor Over Bret
Michaels Body. Ephesian 6 And 10 May God Bless

PAMELA LILLY

my prayers n thoughts r with bret and his daughter n family! all the world luvz u n we wish u the best! prayers 4 u on the net r from all over the world!!!! u can make it bret, stay strong n trust in god!!! prove the non-believers wrong!!! we know we will see gods gr8ness through your recovery!!!! get well soon!!!
HEAVENLY FATHER,I COME TO U TODAY AND PRAY THAT U TAKE CARE OF BRET AND HELP HIM TOWARDS A SPEEDY N FULL RECOVERY! AMEN

JOSIE COOMBS

I hope all goes well with you,I'm an older fan,and I'm praying for your recovery.God Bless You and keep you safe.God and his angels will always be with you. Josie Coombs

tracy

BRAT i love you always will come on you can do this the whole world is praying for you and your family and for all you haters out there if you dont have nothing nice to say.say this what if it was me! god bless.

Sandra - Vancouver BC

Brett, I am sending positive thoughts and well wishes to you. I must admit I am not a Poisen Fan but you as a single performer and your stint on Celebritty Apprendice has gain my attention. Your reality show I was so surprised you went that way as I didn't think you needed to go down that road. That said you are a wonderful human being a strong family man and as a singer. I wish you only the fullest of recovery. You are a strong man and a positive man you if any will do it. God bless. Sandra

Naomi

My God aren't they consulting experts in the field? Don't the doctors talk? I suffered from the same thing in 1998 and had surgery within three days. The longer the area is deprived of blood flow the greater chance of permanent damage.
I wish he and his family my best it is a very difficult time.