Kate Gosselin's 8 Kids -- Cleared for Spin-Off

4/25/2010 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kate Gosselin's new TLC show "Kate Plus 8" is all systems go -- because the local Department of Labor says the kiddies have been cleared to continue their careers as reality TV stars.

0910-media_removed
A rep for the Pennsylvania Dept. of Labor and Industry tells TMZ the correct paperwork for the show was submitted and approved ... and said, "The proper steps have been taken and the kids are permitted for 'Kate Plus 8.'"

But according to the rep, nothing has been submitted for Kate's other TLC spin-off "Twist of Kate" -- which could mean the kiddies may not be joining Kate on that one.

That's probably a good thing ... because 5-year-olds shouldn't have to work two jobs.

3Storms

She needs to stop using her kids as tools for her own personal wealth. That's shameless and low. John was right to bail out on this money-hungry woman

beans

Now the show must go on my little ones u must work to eat & pay the bills while mommie dearest have her fun....

beans

My little ones the nanny watching u ,so leave me alone I'm tweeting your next daddy my dance partner that I dream about & love TONY..Tony makes me so happy while my little ones are interfering I'm going to need to hire more nannies where mommie dearest can concentrate on TONY b/c STEVE to old for me,plus he white headed & gaining weight like a old man does.. ..

beans

JON should have fought TLC all the way about not letting the children back on TV but He use those children as a bargin chip to worm his way out..I'm not a Kate fan or a Jon fan but take a look outside of the box..Jon/Kate are pimping their children out..The show must go on Children for u to eat & pay the bills for mommie dearest & the wonderful daddy of yours..

Michelle

Why does she keep dressing them alike?? I quit doing that with my girls when they turned 4! Let them be individuals - they are not the same people!! My girls are 8 now and would rather eat liver than dress alike....

Its_Toots

Read "Family Secrets: The Dionne Quintuplets' Autobiography". Five lives ruined forever - more, including their parents and siblings, and that was BEFORE television.

beans

Wasn't ANDRE YATES&SUSAM SMITH CONSIDER AS W/THE narcissism LIFE?always for themself never was about the children..Could there be another one that got 8 beautiful children headed in the same foot steps of these 2 monsters women..I pray not....

South Beach

No protest from Jon-boy. Someone must have balanced his checkbook for him. HAHAHAHA, quite the reality check huh Jon? You may get a few crumbs, but may have to get a real job. Start practicing "Would you like to super size that?".

Everyones~A~Star

Well if OTHER kids are allowed to be on tv WHY not the gosslin kids? No ones crying for Dakota fanning.

I will watch the show.

beans

People are posting on US mag that Kate Gosselin needs some R&R. I don't think so b/c that what she got the nannies for to take care of the children..kate stays on R&R all the time.Jon stays on R&R all the time as well.Kate is paying JON to help her w/the children as well.Jon/Kate a team when it comes to the children this lawyer crap& the custody suit of JON is a bogus lawyer to raise the rating.Jon will pop in and out on Kate new show w/the children.

whateverIsay

Too bad Kate continues to whore out her kids, for the sake of
"supporting" them.

Bearcat34

When they turn 18 how will she survive? Bangin the bodyguard. 200 days on the road. Great Mother? Octomom looks like a Saint compared to Kate.

Darvon

These kids all look sad.

Liza

If Kate hates the paparazzi as much as she professes to over and over again, WHY do any reality show??? Doesn't she get it? If she continues to put herself AND her kids out for public consumption, there will continue to be some sort of demand for pictures and or stories about her family?
Something isn't adding up...I think this "reality star" loves the paparazzi's attention. I always thought it was fishy that her and the kids play outside in the front of her house, where pictures can easily be taken, instead of playing in their backyard where they have acres and acres to play...HIDDEN from the paps. Hmmm, strange, isn't it? (inject sarcasm)

APRIL

I THOUGHT JON SAID HE WOUDN'T ALLOW THE KIDS TO BE FILMED? HOW ARE THEY DOING THIS/ IS IT BECAUSE SHE HAS CUSTODY?