« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Big Ben -- 'I Have Committed No Crime'

4/26/2010 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has just announced that he will not appeal his suspension by the NFL -- even though he claims he "committed no crime."

Roethlisberger just issued a statement regarding his 6-game suspension for his actions in Milledgeville -- in which Ben declares, "I am accountable for the consequences of my actions."

He continues, "Though I have committed no crime, I regret that I have fallen short of the values instilled in me by my family.  I will not appeal the suspension and will comply with what is asked of me ─ and more."

The statement concludes, "I am disappointed that I have reached this point and will not put myself in this situation again. I appreciate the opportunities that I have been given in my life and will make the necessary improvements.”

Ben Roethlisberger Pictures

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Lisa

Can't stand you Ben. I am from Pittsburgh, and won't put your jersey on my kids. What a shame. AND, what are we supposed to tell our kids. Grow Up, seriously. Don't you realize that you can't put yourself in these situations.

Tarna

I am from the Pittsburgh area as well and am so disgusted. He has no business playing the game.

Fan

Committed no crime? How about the crime of stupid decisions? How about your posse of yes-men who trap drunk women for you to abuse? In this case, Ben, your stupidity is the crime. Get over yourself.

khaines

I thought he has his peepee out of his pants in the hallway when he approached her, this is called "did nothing wrong'?

goolsbinin

HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!! HE IS BEING SUSPENDED FOR NOT BEING CONVICTED OF A CRIME... LISA IF YOU WERE A REAL STEELERS FANS YOU WOULDNT HOLD THIS AGAINST YOUR QB... SOME DRUNK CHIC ACCUSES HIM OF RAPING HER IN A BATHROOM OF A PACKED CLUB WITH HUNDREDS OF EYES WATCHING... THIS CHICK IS A FAME-WHORE LOOKING FOR HER 15 MINUTES... SHE COULDN'T EVEN REMEMBER ANYTHING ABOUT THE ATTACK AND DIDN'T DESCRIBE HIS BODY CORRECTLY... BIG BEN DOESN'T HAVE TO RAPE ANYONE... HE IS FREAKIN BIG BEN... QB FOR THE STEELERS... HE COULD BED ANY BROAD HE WANTED SO WHY WOULD HE RISK ALL THIS FOR SOMETHING HE WAS GONNA GET ANYWAY... SHE GOT USED AND GOT ANGRY ABOUT IT N WANTED TO GET HIM BACK... WHEN ALL SHE HAD TO DO WAS KEEP HER LEGS CLOSED... BYE THE WAY... F#$K THE STEELERS... E A G L E S EAGLES BABY!!!

laura

you have no morals dude...........you shouldn't play at all next season.

college mom

If he committed no crime I have swamp land in Florida for sale. The investigation was botched due to the officers infatuation with Ben. The crime scene was not properly secured. The officer from GA lost his job. Both of the PA officers are in trouble and this is his statement. What a s***bag.

rico

Douchbags never change there stripes, is'nt that right, Tiger.....

JW

Just like KOOKY KLOWN............I did not have relations with that chef.

jrsgv

he shouldn't have said anything. sometimes the best thing you can do is stfu. he didn't learn when he was warned before his motorcycle accident, he didn't learn after the first investigation, and i'm sure knew about this other incident that didnt go anywhere. dude hasn't learned, he's single, under 30...

Syd

Go eat a ****, Ben. You are an ass.

Handsome

I think he's so handsome.

couplewords

Pants on the ground! Pants on the ground! What're you gonna to do with your pants on the ground! Rape IS a crime.

goober69

LIAR! LIAR!QUARTERBACK FOR HIRE!

goolsbinin

Bottom line is she got used and wanted to get even with him... She didn't understand that all he cares about is the lay... His morals may be a little off but no more than 80% of America is today... and im sorry but even the girls friends wouldn't support her claims... The only detail that everybody agrees on is that she was wasted... They may have had relations or they may not have... But she WAS NOT RAPED... Maybe coerced but not forced...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments