The Quaids --

Fifty Percent Punished

4/28/2010 12:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Randy Quaid is officially off the hook after allegedly stiffing a California resort on a $10,000 bill -- but his wife Evi Quaid wasn't so lucky.

Prosecutors dropped all felony charges against Randy stemming from his 2009 arrest on suspicion of burglary, conspiracy, and defrauding an innkeeper in Santa Barbara.

But Evi didn't catch the same break -- the actor's wife was placed on probation after pleading "no contest" today to a misdemeanor count of defrauding an innkeeper.

Evi will also have to perform 240 hours of community service -- which hopefully won't involve painting over graffiti.

jessup

This is whats wrong with AMERICA! Two systems of JUSTICE. Rich celebrities get off like OJ. The DA should be removed. FBI needs to investigate for bribes!

jackmama311

randy, i hope we can soon hear of your cheating scandal, cause she's fugly. call joslyn james, she tries to stay in the news.

Mark Proctor

Randy was not guilty of anything. The truth will normally prevail.

Moe Greene

It's Cousin Eddie, #4. But I did hear that as he left court he muttered, "Come on, Clark, the night is young... they're giving away free hot sandwiches at the blood bank."

Diana

Are you kidding me? He gets off scot-free and all she gets is a little community service??? For crying out loud, they were ON THE RUN - obviously they knew they committed crimes. I swear, I am SO sick of celebrities who get away with anything and everything.

Pistol

No repercussions for their subsequent actions? They've wasted time and money with their juvenile antics.

memyself

Nothing? Nada, zip? These two clowns needs some reality down time in the local jail.

TM8

I want to bang them. 3 some time.

lusia

"Come on, Clark, the night is young... they're giving away free hot sandwiches at the blood bank."?!!!!!

balls

balls

Chuck

All the drug abuse has finally caught up with both. Once they're released to the safety of their homes the abuse will start all over again. My prediction is within the year one will drop dead from severe drug abuse. Go to Vegas and bet on it and when you win, don't forget me.

RasputinsLiver

I don't get it.

So far I've not read anything anywhere regarding WHY Randy and Evi played this out this way.

Why didn't they just pay the damned bill? There must be more to this tha we're being "informed" of.

samantha

I love Randy Quaid, but he is one goofy looking SOB. He's got a face for radio, not television. I think he's a very jocular guy, and a talented actor, but he's not handsome, in the least bit.