Sandra Bullock

Files for Divorce,

Adopts Baby

4/28/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sandra Bullock says she is divorcing Jesse James -- AND she's adopted a baby boy, according to People.

0428_bullock_people
Sandra told People she has filed for divorce, adding "I'm sad and I am scared" -- though she does not reveal where the petition was filed. She says she had no idea about Jesse's infidelity.

She also reveals that she's adopted a 3 1/2 month old boy named Louis Bardo Bullock -- and though she and Jesse started the adoption process four years ago and brought the boy home together in January, she now plans to raise him as a single parent.

Of the baby, who was born in New Orleans and named after Louis Armstrong, Bullock says "He's just perfect, I can't even describe him any other way ... It's like he's always been a part of our lives."

Despite the messy split, she says of James, "I really don't know how our paths will intersect in the future, but the father I have known Jesse to be ... is one that I hope Louis can experience one day, no matter how Jesse and I go on with our lives."

Jesse tells the magazine "I know in my heart that I can be the best father possible to my four children and the mate Sandy deserves, and realize that this is an incredible mountain to climb. But believe the steps I have taken in the last 30 days are the foundation to making this happen."

Sandra and Jesse have been married for almost five years.  He has three children from two previous marriages.

Story developing ...

Fina

What a gorgeous little boy !!

whatsgoingon

I'm glad you guys didn't catch this! What a class act she is. Congrats and all the best to her and her new little guy.

Darvon

It does not matter that "Jessie spent 4 years in the adoption process"
He "had to" be acting like he wanted this child.

Isa

If you Love that crazy men, then work at it. You do not know whom would you meet next. Do not break your marriage on a count of infidelity. No one cant' replace LOVE. (Yes I agreed he must be punish for it, you have years to do so)

DaChopssss

The racist, "stick to your own race" comments are actually just as hilarious as they are ridiculous. Of course, it's easy to say such horrendous things behind the comfort and safety of your keyboard. To think in 2010, people could be so ignorant and backwards in their thinking...I pity and pray for people like this, so that you may one day see the light in your tunnel of ignorance and hate.

Wendy

Once again no one wanted to adopt a Puerto Rican child!

Hey Now

That is one cute baby!!!

penny

Have finally run out of White people in this countrY? Aren't there enough educated, solvent black people to adopt these babies.
Is this the only statement America's Sweetheart can make, adding
a black child to the mix. None of these people are even fit to be parents.

STOP THE MADNESS: BLACK CELEBRITIES MARRY WHITE PEOPLE, WHITE PEOPLE ADOPT BLACK BABIES...."THIS IS THE TRUE RACISM IN OUR SOCIETY" REJECTING YOUR OWN RACE TO JOIN ANOTHER IS NOT SANE"

Mikey

At least she has the kid wear traditional african beads.

Mikey

Now all we need is for Sandra to date women for the trifecta.

STFU

We love you Sandra.

Stay strong and move on. You will be a wonder mother to your adopted son. He is a little cutie

Lulu Says

That is crazy! She really was good at keeping it a secret.
Here are 5 Reasons Why She Kept Adoption Secret

Sonia

Hey Mikey,

Your part of the reason the US is in the racist state that it finds itself of late; a child who would have otherwise would have been placed in temporary foster care or worse now gets to live with Sandra B and all that she can offer them. Does race really matter? I'm thinking that isn't even an issue.

Congrats Sandra for finally realizing one of your dreams of becoming a Mom (step-mom of course counts too). Best thing ever...

B

What a publicity stunt, playing the little black baby card so she doesn't look like a Nazi lover and everybody will know its adopted because the baby looks nothing like her! great conversation piece for most celebs! aren't you supposed to have a kid after the wedding, not after the divorce for stability???

Shaydie

The only reason I'm not "buying it" is because of the look she gave him after they announced she won the Oscar. Go watch the video online. He whispers in her ear... and then she gives him DAGGERS without saying anything. Something wasn't right there, she knew something then.