M.I.A. Kid Explains Gun to the Head in Video

4/29/2010 8:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

12-year-old Ian Hamrick gets his head blown off in M.I.A.'s new music video ... and he sounds like a 50-year-old philosopher as he explains why he let someone put a gun to his head.

As Ian and his mother left Jerry's Deli in Studio City, the ginger explained that the violent "Born Free" vid actually carries a powerful, anti-genocide message.

As for his mom and retired cop dad -- they gave their blessing ... but never expected anyone to see the video in the U.S.

Whoops.

bring back recent posts

I loooove spaghetti, ok...back to comments..hehehe

jjjjj

Who is the other kid in the video clip? It looks like they were out with friends having a nice time. Lots of people do worse things with and to their kids.

Van

calling someone a ginger is not cool. Boo, TMZ, big time booo.

joecartwright

This link explains it better

annoyed

come on TMZ. "the ginger explained"??? take shots at the 12-year-old. that'll show him never to be born with red hair again.

Morons.

Ksquare

This isn't any different from an actor being in a movie. If you don't like it then don't watch it,simple as that. And for all you closed minded people saying the parents are nuts and should be thrown in jail shut up your just jealous!

SL

Mommy and Daddy's future little money maker.......

Franko

Heyy now that's good parentin'

Raven

aw TMZ....you put up this yet not a word about that looney lohan's pistol in my mouth pics?? wtf? you give the crazy lohan dude a freebie interview & let the loser daughter's tweeted pics just slide.....? get with it Harvey! I wanted to read the comments pon that ****!

Raven

LOL! Shocked here! TMZ just bleeped my 4 letter word! Um, it wasn't even spelled correctly! A crappy word, yes, but still why can't we use the word s hit?

Dan

It's simple... You don't like it, don't watch it. That's the beauty of America... Everyone is allowed to voice their opinion, whether you like it or not.

Katrina

Grrrrr some of these comments make me wanna rip my hair out u guys are retardted dont u guys see the future of music here . this is a disgrace and the song is the best listen to the whole thing maybe people dont get music these days im 23 and i must be getting old becasue in my eyes music isnt what it use to be . oh yah tmz u bettre listen to my suggestions too hope u got the email...enough of this paris and lindsay crap put on someone like from that teen mom reality show and more kate gosselin YAH!!!!!!!!dont ferget octomom as well

Katrina

I think harvey has to explain it on his show i know hes sick of all the other stuff he has to talk about hes very smart guy hes a lawyer fer crying out loud :) I LOVE TMZ biggest fan katrina magiskan from Canada , ontario lil hick town

redphone

WAY TO GO IAN TMZ.COM MISS YA BUD....TIM B FROM THE NIGHT

Bryn

I think the video showed things that have been happening for years all around the world and still are, but we as Americans don't have to face it. We can turn the channel and ignore it. Way to put it in people's face M.I.A.! As for the video, why should the parents be locked up? Should the producers have ran a caption that said "no red heads were harmed during the making of this video" would that have made it better? We watch nine-kinds of shows with children being violent, beaten and abused...not to mention the kids that are stuck in R rated movies that are scripted to say the big four letter word just for our entertainment and that's okay...but it's wrong when we're depicting real life issues? These are the things that aren't shown in the news...life is graphic...we just live in a censored, cushy America.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments