Michael Lohan -- Jail Wouldn't Help Lindsay

5/3/2010 8:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan could be headed to jail for violating her probation -- and even though a trip to the pokey might scare her straight ... her father, Michael Lohan, doesn't think it would do her any good.

rob

true JAIL does not cure people with addiction problems.

Phreaky

He is INSANE if he thinks jail wouldn't help Lindsay - it is EXACTLY what she needs, not a pampered home-rehab ala Charlie Sheen's wife - that's exactly what Lindsay DOESN'T need! Reality is the only thing that is going to wake her up, and reality is jail, not a useless thing at her home surrounded by lots of people where she can walk outside and pretty much do what she wants. It's exactly that kind of shiat that has led to this. Sitting in jail would make her have to follow rules for once in her life, would make her face reality, would actually be a punishment for kidnapping people and going on a car chase with them. Michael you are delusional if you think otherwise.

rob

Posted at 1:07 AM on May 3, 2010 by Disturbed@ YOu are a moron, Jail will not cure any addictions. Lindsay has to do it herself. I suggest she have a baby so she cares about something other than herself

Irene

I have seen jail help. If they are in jail for at least 6 months and off their substances, then they are ordered to go to rehab and by that time they are more clear headed and ready to get help.

#TeamLindsay

@disturbed - let me guess your one of these delusional TMZ posters who's never spent a day in jail yet think jail is the cure all for her problems. As much as I hate to agree with this low life excuse for a father of hers he's right. And he should know as well as anyone too. He's done his time and jail and knows the truth. If anything Lindsay would just come out of jail more screwed up then she went in.

Rob J

If she went to jail, she might switch teams and go lezbo.... oh wait.

JLS

I don't think ANY father wants to see their daughter go to jail. That would be devastating to any dad. That said, I think this young woman has developed a new level of arrogance along with the obvious drug addiction she has. I guess all in all, I agree with Michael - jail wouldn't help. She does, however, need a LONG TERM rehap situation. No more 30 day programs and certainly nothing she can just flip off and continue on from. Good luck, Michael. I stand behind you 100%. Thank God Linds has you because Dina is a genuine deficit for any kid.

Phreaky

Posted at 1:25 AM on May 3, 2010 by #TeamLindsay
You're a moron. Her dad is pushing for a cushy at-home rehab like Charlie Sheen's wife. That will do NOTHING for her. But sitting on her ass in jail for a few weeks will not only get her off coke, it will make her realize wtf is going on and make her feel like "oh sh*t, if I continue to do what I've been doing, I will end up here, sitting in jail" - whereas sitting on a couch in a house in Hollywood with people around her saying "we just want to help you Linsday, let us know when you come back in from walking around outside and we'll go over some things with you" IS NOT GOING TO DO JACK SH*T
Look at your "TeamLindsay" name - I'm sure you think anything that pampers your little princess will work better - you're a delusional fool.

#TeamLindsay

@Irene - 6 months is not going to happen. Not in CA for a DUI probation violation. I think as long as she's able to show she's in substantial compliance i.e. she's made up any sessions that she's missed then she won't get any jail time, even if there are weeks were she has missed her sessions. As long as she's on schedule to complete it on time I think she'll be fine.

Anyone else expect Michael to use the possibility of jail time as a fear mongering tactic to get Lindsay to sit down and give into his demands for a conservatorship? After all being mentally abusive and manipulative bully seems to be par for the course with him.

Irene

Team - The reason I suggested 6 months was because friends of ours did that. The daughter was on heroin and got picked up. She had to go cold turkey and went into a seizure etc. but survived. Once she got somewhat clean, the judge wanted to release her because she was such a polite young woman. The parents actually asked him to keep her for 6 months and then mandatory inhouse rehab for 3 months and it worked. A halfway house after that and she has now been clean for 3 years and back in college (straight A student) and working...of course this was not in California and she is not a star.

#TeamLindsay

@disturbed - Nobody gives a damned what her ex-dad is pushing for because he isn't going to get it. Lindsay has already called his bluff and Lisa Bloom's got bupkis in court if they take it that far. As I just said to Irene IF Lindsay can show she's in substantial compliance, meaning that even if she's missed some of her once a week sessions as long as she's made them up and still scheduled to complete counseling on time, then they judge isn't going to throw the book at her. I would expect that to be the case if it were anyone else and Lindsay doesn't deserve to be treated any differently.

I also think you know-it-alls that assume she's not being drug tested and think she's still using drugs are full of it. Everyone I've known who's had a DUI and had to attend counseling in FL, including myself, was random drug tested once every 30 days. It wasn't part of any court order, it was part of the treatment facilities contract with you and if you fail the drug test it's reported to your probation officer and you get violated. I find it hard to believe she isn't being drug tested under the cir***stances, and if she was using she would have screwed up and gotten caught by now.

Durelle

I agree that jail does not rehabilate people from drug addiction. Having said that, should she go to jail she will be forced to go through the detox process without any help. She will be dope sick. She has had plenty of time to get her sh** together. The courts have tried to help her, but she isn't following the judges orders. (going to program every 7 days).
People have to WANT to get better. Not everyone can be saved. Maybe having her detox in jail and going through that hell she will realize she has a problem, and want to change her life. She is like Tiger Woods in that she feels the rules don't apply to her.

Greg

Lindsay is a convicted criminal who has violated the terms of her probation. She should be sent to jail. If she is not sent to jail it is because judges give celebrities, even has-been celebrities, preferential treatment.

Cookie

As her father, he should section her and use the law to force her into rehab. What good is jail - there's even more drugs there.

Greg

Rob, you want Lindsay to have a kid? Seriously? Do you hate kids or something? Lindsay shouldn't even be allowed to have a pet. We don't need another Lindsay. Milka what?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments