Bret Michaels -- Making An 'Amazing Recovery'

5/3/2010 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0423_tmz_brett_michaels_EX10Bret Michaels continued to make tremendous progress in his recovery this weekend -- and one source close to the singer tells us the whole thing is nothing short of "amazing."

We're told Bret was "very aware" and in a "good mood" this weekend during an evaluation with a specialist -- the singer was even described as "somewhat talkative."

It's a major improvement from the "critical" state Bret was in after suffering a massive hemorrhage near his brain stem back on April 23 -- a condition that can often be fatal if not treated quickly by experienced professionals.

cancelledaccount

Great news!

phrohgz

stay strong bret, you are an amazingly strong person! Praying for you, your going to be out on the road doing what you do best soon enough, take care of yourself and your diabetes your fans can wait! Your health and your family come first. Praying for you...

playmore

Awesome news! Get better Bret and take care of those lil girls!

JLS

Best news! I hope he doesn't do too much too soon. Rest would be good here lol.

tis_ruthy

You're amazing Bret, you really are.

c

PR stunt

Darlene

Wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!

Japmoe

Hate to play devil's advocate here, but this smells. Bret seems like an ok guy and all, but I've seen some of the extremes these stars will go to for a little press. I mean let's be real here. The Donald never misses an opportunity to plug his show, and what's next for Bret after this show? I've heard that there is no such thing as bad press but if this was a PR stunt, shame on them.

RafaelPeraza

He deserves to start afresh!

Give me a break!

Give me a break! This guy can milk a story for publicity like no other. Half of it is BS. All the press releases are coming from him and his team. Nothing has been checked out. His own parents and sister haven't visited him so how close to death was he really.

I expected more from you TMZ than just passing on lame press releases and pr- bs.

How do you have a brain hemorrage and annouce you will be touring 3 weeks later? Read the press releases each one mentions his tour, his appearences in People Magazine, his offical webstie, twitter, facebook and myspace pages. He was in an undiclosed location for almost a week? Really? Funny we know what hospital every celeb ends up except this guy? That last press realease with all the doctor's quotes were bookened by promotion his People Magazine and another magaize's photo spread and his tour , the apprentice, and his pr sites.

Come on TMZ-you've gotten lazy. Do a little digging and stop rehashing lame press releases. You are missing the real story here.

cruisepuppy7452a

This is great news. The whole world is with you, wishing you nothing but the best in your recovery. Our wish for you is that you take things slow, don't rush to make others happy. This is about you and your life. Your fans are not going anywhere, will be here when you get back. Peace, love and good wishes.

April

Dont know it you will ever read this, but I have been praying for your recovery. I want you to get better, get back with your family and get back on the road!

T

Bret has always been my all time favorite. I remember seeing him when I was a teen in concert and he is as great now as he was then. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Bret...hoping to see you in Biloxi...

william

terri scaivo had her feeding tube removed, she was slowly starving to deaththanks to her husband. her parents were trying to take her in their custody because they believed she wanted to live.

Rachel

Glad you are doing better Bret!Ive been concerned and I was concerned for your loved ones as well!I really got to see a whole other side of you on Celeb Apprentice and have enjoyed the show because of you.Praying for a speedy recovery! Take it easy <3

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments