« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Congressman: Big Ben is an 'Idiot'

5/4/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A respected member of the House of Representatives is finally taking a stand on an issue affecting the American people -- he thinks Ben Roethlisberger is an "idiot."

The Congressman making the statement is Rep. Tom Rooney (R -FL) -- who also happens to be the grandson of legendary Pittsburgh Steelers founder Art Rooney.

During a recent stop at a Florida high school, Tom was asked about his favorite football team -- to which he replied, "The Steelers, I have no choice ... but our quarterback is still an idiot."

How's that for politically correct?

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jason Chambers

who the cares? i dont come here for this bullsh**!

AND STOP PRETENDING THAT THE COMMENTS FROM PEOPLE WHO LIKE THIS STUFF IS FROM REGULAR USERS. WE ALL KNOW THOSE COMMENTS ARE TMZ STAFFERS!!!!!!!

D. Miller

I don't believe that a state representative commented on Ben like that. He has other things to say and do. You know I liked TMZ until you put crap on the internet so people can get upset. I think TMZ needs to get over our QB and move on with other Trash talk.

Steeler Fan

tlm

Hey...what do you know? He was RIGHT! Ben IS an idiot.

Q

He's not an idiot===he's a sociopathic rapist. And the entre he surronds himself, including Pittsburg and Pennslyvanias supposed "finest" arent much better themselves in enabling his criminal ways.

Grandson should be putting the screws to his daddy to finally do the right thing with this criminal---they protected him long enough, they knew he was on the prowl with an entourage in every town he went to and the Rooneys, and Cowher stood in silence.

All for the love of money and winning at any cost. Rooneys are as complicent in all of this as the dirty cops that acted as "body guards" to sociopathic rapist Ben. Their love fest with the fans is over. Dont trust a Rooney including a Congressman.

ctown

right on!!! an honest politician...i wish he was in cali i would vote for him...

Everyones~A~Star

cant fault the man for speaking the truth

gutsygirl

An honest politician..?..now there's an oxymoron. In Ben's case, he's just plain moron.

samantha

Ben IS an idiot, and looks like a knuckle-dragging troglodyte to boot. The guy is overrated, and has a face that could sink a battleship.

TheUltraworld

You go girl!

Vicki

Yeah Ben pulled a bone-head move BUT......... Why are those bars not being held responsible for serving underage people? The "victim's" story is shakey at best anyway. I read what she said to Ben in the bathroom and I can't believe a woman being forced into a sexual act would say what she did. Besides.... we have teeth!!!!! Lets spread the blame as Ben wasn't the only one at fault. By the way we spell our town PITTSBURGH

twilightmom

Polar Bear-
Do you really not know WHY the players have the black stripes under their eyes? Or are you just clownin'?
Well just in case....its to help prevent/reflect the glare from the sun.
At least that's what I was told. Anyone else...pls correct me if I'm wrong. Lol. I certainly don't know much about football, so I very well could have been told wrong. (=

Get back to work!

Thank you for your input, Captain Obvious.

Farley

I

LOVE

IT!!!!

BEST DESCRIPTION OF BEN YET!

Farley

Vicki

We do indeed spell our town Pittsburgh...

However, Ben didn't "Pull a bone-head move" He RAPED someone. And not ONE someone, either. The victim's story isn't SHAKY when another woman who was completely anonymous made the same report to her attorney, PRIVATELY, BEFORE the millidgeville incident.

Why would this other woman describe a nearly identical scenario BEFORE this other woman did? And I'm NOT talking about the woman in UTAH. Google Ben Roethlisberger's Third Rape Victim.

I wasn't convinced with the first claim..I wasn't convinced even with this second claim...at least not until the DA's press conference and only when the THIRD woman's attorney announced that his client had described a VERY similar scenario BEFORE the second report, was I convinced that he indeed is a serial rapist.

Rape doesn't have to be violent to be rape. As a matter of fact, it often is NOT violent. All it takes is a man with tunnel vision to ignore a woman saying she doesn't want to and it's rape.

I guess unless you've been in the situation, that you tell a man, "wait, I don't think we should do this. Wait. Let's not do this" - and they act like they don't even hear you, or that you just don't realize how amazing it'll feel to have sex with THEM and once you get it you'll relent and decide they knew what they were talking about and now you're glad they forced their penis inside you.... I guess until you've been in that situation, you'll never understand what nonviolent rape is like. You'll never know what it's like to have that person later tell you "it takes two to tango" after you NEVER WANTED TO IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Try to think outside the football field and realize, that even though alcohol was involved in this particular rape, doesn't make that woman any more liable for Ben's actions.

Gorden Shumway

He's been saying this for a while

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments