Bret Michaels' Band Preps for Emergency Stops

5/11/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0423_tmz_brett_michaels_EX10Bret Michaels' band is confident that the singer will join them on their upcoming tour -- but they're still preparing an emergency plan in case something goes wrong.

Sources close to the band tell us that when Bret returns, "someone in the crew will be required to provide the bus drivers with a list of every hospital from current location to next location ...  addresses and all ... so in the event of an emergency, they have the info readily available."

As we previously reported, the band is hopeful that Bret will be back on stage as soon as May 26.

Bret -- who suffered a hemorrhage near his brain stem last month -- has been released from the hospital and has been making tremendous progress at a private rehab facility.

He's expected to make a full recovery.

BarbieJean

I hope he isn't being pressured to get back out & perform. Good luck Bret.

dennisabgrall

Great job! This one is an instant classic!

Big Steve

I'm glad that Bret is doing good. He is one hell of a performer. If you don't believe me, just check out one of his live shows. I will be there when he comes to The Woodlands on June 15th in Texas. I've been going to Bret's and Poison shows for years. Fricking Awesome

feebee

I don't get it.... Why push things ... take some time and recover... I know he doesn't need the money.

julyseeme

All celeb xtapes here
All celeb xtapes here

opencall

Man, I love him on the Celebrity Apprentice, we almost
turned it off this year, but he and Sharon make it such
a blast to watch:) I wish he'd get better, would love to
see him and Lynard Skynard together, Rock On!
But what's funny we live in Los Angeles and all of his
shows are in our hometowns of MS and IN, go
figure...
Joann

mrsj

I have a bad feeling about his going on the road so soon. I know the tour was planned before his hospitalization, and perhaps he feels obligated, but it seems too soon after what has happened. Cripes, I am his age and am recovering from just a simply surgery and I couldn't imagine doing that so soon. I really wish he'd take it easy, but if chooses to tour, I hope all goes well.

Joy

I can't believe his doctor would ok him to go on tour so soon. I hope he doesn't have a relapse. I am enjoying watching him on "Celebrity Apprentice", too.

viper1st

Directions for Bus Driver(s) is a start - I'm thinking you might want to protect the band's greatest asset w/24/7 paramedic.

electriczipper

a hospital wont do much good if your head explodes,although im sure the audience would love it

Ms. X

Things were rosey for him with Rock of Love, Apprentice, etc. but he certainly came across a thorn. Big Time!

Bobo Frog

That's great news...he's a great guy, and I'm glad to see he's recovering. I wish him well.

I just hope he doesn't over do it on this tour and jump back into things too soon instead of playing it safe.

Joshua

Well, I'm glad he got over his Hamoroids, I know those things are a pain in the ass. but I did not know you have to go to teh hospitals for those .

lisa

That's crazy. The man nearly died!! He should take some time off to make sure he is healing correctly and not do himself anymore harm. Performing like that is very strenuous both physically and mentally. How can he realistically be ready in such a short time?

celticskunk

Brett: Take your time & recover completely before you go back on tour. It's OK, we'll wait, your fans will still be there for you.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments