Dr. Murray May Ask to Delay Preliminary Hearing

5/10/2010 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray's legal team claims it may not be ready for the preliminary hearing setting next month, because they still have not received the full criminal file on the Michael Jackson manslaughter case.

Miranda Sevcik, spokesperson for Murray's lawyer, Ed Chernoff, tells TMZ they have only received 3,500 pages of discovery.  Sevcik cites a news report in which the D.A.'s office claims it has "hundreds of thousands of pages of material."

But a D.A. spokesperson told TMZ on Friday that the statement that there were "hundreds of thousands" of pages was their error ... and in fact there are only  "thousands of pages" and the defense has received "the bulk of it."

Sevcik's response ... "It's odd. It seems like an awfully big miscalculation."

Sevcik says if the defense team does not get all the docs soon, they may ask to delay the preliminary hearing setting -- set for June 14.

Chic

No.1 what Dr. Murray did was unethical, in a non-hospital setting
no monitor, no anaesthetist. And he took the job because he was behind in child support I read, what was this Doctor during behind
in child support? I see him losing his license.

Grump

She is not OhWell, Alf, or any other number of names you wish to call her. She is an innocent victim of the idiotic cloners.

Posted at 7:06 AM on May 10, 2010 by Deb

I suppose your the fan Deb? not lil' Debil?

Brownie

Deb

I suppose your the fan Deb? not lil' Debil?

Posted at 7:10 AM on May 10, 2010 by Grump

Ny name is Deb. I am a fan of Michael's. I am a friend to many fans who do not have their head up their a$$e$ but who are realistic about Michael and his faults, and do not worship him like he is god.

I used to be a "crazy" fan until one day my eyes opened and I realized that you can love someone in spite of their faults instead of simply denying them. So many people act like Michael was perfect, and have even come out and said he was a God, and to me that is just wrong.

I believe we can have differing opinions and still get along, however, I draw the line at deification or sainthood. And when I said Michael was not the sexiest man alive yesterday and Mimi got mad it was because she did not read my post - how can he be the sexiest man alive when he is DEAD? Doesn't that make sense??

Call me what you want - hater, fan, fan-hater. And yes, I am engaged to OhWell and he is not the immature, middle American Red neck piece of trash you called him. I told him I would not defend him anymore so as not to ruin his fun. I don't completely understand it myself, and I roll my eyes quite often when I see his posts, but he gets a big kick out of needling you fans and/or fanatics and you are playing right into his hands when you call him Alf or say bad things to him. The more you do it the better he likes it. I don't know why and I don't care; that's his thing. All I know is in real life he is a good, honorable man who worships the ground I walk on and is always there for me. Most women would kill to have a man like that, regardless of how he feels about Michael and his fans. No one is 100% perfect. And hey, we can't have everything!

Deb

69. TMZ Moderator - - you have a person that doesn't use proper English and is slandering - - Sue @ Tampa's comments should be removed and she should be banned from posting due to her vulgar language and slanderous comments. She has no proof of her allegations...

Posted at 7:17 AM on May 10, 2010 by Brownie

WHAT PART OF SUE HAS BEEN CLONED DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND??????? READ AHEAD A LITTLE BIT BEFORE YOU COMMENT *******

Brownie

Hello America.... any person charged with a crime is afforded the presumption of "INNOCENT" until proven guilty. It doesn't matter who the person is or what they are being charge for or what your personal FEELINGS are or FEARS are. Dr. Murry is at this point in time presumed innocent- anything else is a violation of his RIGHTS AS AN AMERICAN This could be you on trial - how would you feel - -would you want your good name slandered in the media and by your brothers and sisters in this country -I think not. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Love and Peace are the only way - protect eachothers rights!!!

electriczipper

EXCLUSIVE TMZ READERS ONLY!!!!!!!
We are offering a pre made head reciever dome made of titanium that work even better than home made foil antennas for recieving messeges from MJ.....they are 49.95 each or 2 for 59.95 and you get a free MJ chia pet with every order made before midnight tonight...

MiMi

Deb

I was not mad at you. Just voicing an opinion. I just didn't think it was right to bash the beLIEvers. If they want to think he is off on a desert island somewhere sipping margaritas then let em. Doesn't effect you or I in anyway does it? Now if there is one who deserved bashing it's this idiot cloner, but then again attention is what he wants.

And no I did not read your post incorrectly. I will always think that MJ was the sexiest man of my lifetime even though he is now gone.

HumanNature

MJ was/is the SEXIST MAN IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!!

Bring on the *GP*!!!!!

sue

ok, i will bite here!!!! what did i do exactly? i just got here from the dentist office.. there are people on here that know that for sure and they are the only ones that i care about knowing who i am, any of the rest can only believe what they read and always believe the worst!!!!enough said!!! sue from tampa

schoen1

I had a feeling the defense would try to get a postponement, based on their claim that they haven't received all discovery.

sue

OK I WILL BITE WHAT EXACTLY HAVE I DONE NOW?? I JUST GOT HOME AND THERE MY NAME COMES UP ON SOMETHING ALREADY!!!!sue from tampa

sarah

I'm sure Michael Jackson loved his children, at least as much as a drug can. But make no mistake when a person is in active addiction, which Michael Jackson was, his children weren't the most important thing in his life, his drugs were. Drugs were his bestfriend, his mistress, his lover, his priority, and he went to great lengths to obtain those drugs.

Posted at 3:26 AM on May 10, 2010 by Barbie

Paris Jackson, "I just want to say that ever since I was born, daddy has been the best father you can ever imagine...". i repeat, "THE BEST FATHER YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE" - meaning his whole life centred around his children and he gave them his undivided attention.

Paris (HIS CHILD) is one of those who gets a say on what Michael was like as a loving father; NOT you.

his children were his life; HIS EVERYTHING.

there were no drugs found in his system on June 25th; except those which were supposedly given to him by Murray. HE WAS NOT A DRUG ADDICT.

get your facts straight, please!

janalal4

34. HERO= CONRAD MURRAY
Pedophile= WACKO JACKO

Posted at 5:40 AM on May 10, 2010 by Sue from Tampa

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/10/conrad-murray-michael-jackson-manslaughter-ed-chernoff-miranda-sevcik/3/#c3207956#ixzz0nWvPhwsF

WTH??? A tip for you Mr. Cloner, if your going to do this cloning business, you might want to do a better job of observing how one 'signs' their username(capitalization, punctuation, etc.).

On second thought, you should probably just give it up because your not 'good at it'.....AT ALL:)

Sue has got to be one of the most 'benign' posters on here as far as her attitude & the comments she posts. She doesn't yammer on(like I've been known to do & freely admit it-hehe), she's never RUDE to ANYONE, & she doesn't just post to be posting; she posts when she has something of 'value' to say which she ALWAYS does. What the hell is her 'crime' here that you obviously have it in for her so badly. I mean you have cloned her to such an extent that your beginning to look.....well, 'PSYCHOTIC' frankly. The link I have posted below might be of particular interest to you since the man being interviewed in it has an excellent understanding of 'your kind', if you get what I mean.

You two must have had a 'run in' perhaps at one time or did she really 'stick it to ya' with one of her posts? Or could it possibly be this: SHE MAKES NO BONES ABOUT THE FACT THAT SHE DEARLY LOVED THE MAN; MICHAEL JACKSON. SHE ADMIRES & RESPECTS HIM & FINDS HIS PERSONALITY DECENT, MORAL, GENEROUS, LOVING, HUMBLE,& just 'Ultra-Humanadocious'(hehehe)?? I have a feeling that 'this explanation' for your viciousness r/e 'suefromTampa' is most likely the driving force behind your 'StormTrooping Clone Attack'(I know that sounds just as ridiculous as YOUR ACTING, btw) of her.

Sue is one of the(if not 'THE NICEST') person posting on here so I AM serious when I ask, "What could she have POSSIBLY EVER DONE TO YOU"?? Mr.KOO-KOO KLONER MAN/PERSON/THING.

Okay, here's the link regarding yourself. Check it out, see if it sounds like a description of anyone YOU know?!!

*the part that pertains to YOU will be found around 1:15. I think you'll find it quite informative. Not to mention the fact it will DEFINITELY 'hit a nerve' so to speak.

**HEY ALL THE 'FAN-ATICS'(MYSELF INCLUDED OF COURSE-I MAKE NO APOLOGIES WHATSOEVER!), MY FELLOW FAN-ATICS WILL FIND THIS CLIP QUITE INTERESTING AS WELL! HMMMMM.......REMIND YOU GUYS OF ANYBODY 'WE' KNOW?! LOL!

***THE FULL SERIES FROM THIS INTERVIEW STARTS WITH THIS CLIP. MR.THOMSON IS A JOURNALIST(YES, A 'REAL' ONE) WHO PROVIDED THIS 6 PART INTERVIEW & HAS BEEN A VERY OUTSPOKEN CRITIC OF HOW THE MEDIA HAS HANDLED THE COVERAGE OF MJ THRU THE YEARS. THE GUY IS CLEARLY 'FED UP' LIKE MOST OF 'US'. IT'S VERY INFORMATIVE R/E THE '93 & '05 ALLEGATIONS & TRIAL & I REALLY ADMIRE(AS WILL MOST OF Y'ALL I'M SURE) THIS GUY FOR TAKING QUITE A RISK IN SPEAKING UP & OUT ABOUT & AGAINST HIS FELLOW JOURNALISTS. HE FEELS THE SAME AS WE DO. "SHAME ON ALL OF THEM"! THE INTERVIEW STARTS WITH THE CLIP BELOW & YOU WILL FIND THE REST THERE AS WELL:)

Em

This is not surprising. There will be delays, set backs, etc. For one thing, they have to keep Conrad Murray working so he can pay the legal bill – it’s in their best interest to find all the tactics they can to avoid going to court too soon. At the end of the day, it’s more about the money than it is about justice.
I still hold hope that Conrad Murray will receive punishment for the crime he committed. Despite all the “hate mail” these articles solicit, a crime was committed, likely more than one; negligence and corrupt medical practices caused the death of a man and time should be served.
((I don’t know who is orchestrating these little publicity outings for Conrad Murray and alerting the media, however, Mr. Murray and his “team” need to remember this man is not a celebrity.))