Miley's Dad on Lap Dance Video: 'Just Fun'

5/13/2010 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Billy Ray Cyrus is blowing off the controversy over his  then 16-year-old daughter Miley Cyrus grinding on a 44-year-old man -- saying, "It's what people her age do."

We spoke to Billy moments ago about the video that TMZ first posted yesterday -- Miley dirty dancing with Adam Shankman during the wrap party for her movie "The Last Song."

In our poll, an overwhelming majority said the dance was inappropriate ... and 40 percent of readers blamed Miley's parents -- who were not there when the dancing deed was done.

Papa Billy says Miley was just "having fun."

marymac

Of course Daddy Pimp is going to brush it off.

rbroussard54

I am the same age as Miley and I find that what she did was INAPPROPRIATE. So what if the guy is gay? He is 44! FORTY-FOUR!! That is just disturbing. Is it just me or is Billy Ray letting Miley do this so he can be on the map again since he's been a has-been for along time now?

andy

I suppose, that the provocative pictures that Miley took with her father were "just fun" also. I suppose, that the time that Miley spent staying at the residences of older, adult boyfriends had been "just fun", also. Makes you wonder, as to what other events had taken place throughout Miley's childhood that were simply "just fun". I find it ironic, with all that we know about Mr. Billy Ray Cyrus, and how he has catered to his daughter's downfall, that he has been recruited by Sean Hannity as a conservative mouthpiece. A little bit of irony???????????

There's a problem here

Billy Ray knows it's fun because he taught her to dance like that commando. She was grinding a gay 44 year old but ass is ass. I'll bet bitch was drinking too. I'll bet it sure wasn't her first time either.

Call Me T

NO!!! That's not what 16 year old girls do at that age you retarded father!

J Garfield

Stupid youthful s%#t, she's the next train wreck waiting to happen, probably though the guy she was grinding was her Dad. What makes no sense is that she gets waited on hand and foot never realizing she will never be taken seriously

Nicole

Everything this girl does is made into a big thing as if she is under a microscope. Who cares! She is going to be 18 years old this year, and if her parents don't care, why should anyone else. Why are people surprised that she was dirty dancing w/ a gay older man. Why doesn't anyone hold the old pervert responsible for his lack of judgment in accepting the supposed lap dance from the minor? The bottom line is Miley isn't an ordinary 17 year old. She lives a very adult life, and has more money than 5000 of us put together, and if anyone is naive enough to believe she is an innocent little girl who doesn't have sex, etc... then u are seriously mistaken b/c the majority of non-celebrity 17 year old girls are doing worse things than she.

Ty

If youve seen any interview with Billy Ray than you cannot really be surprised. He loves himself and his hair above all, then comes his daughter whom I guess he loves too but in a weird friendly kind of way because he is way too dumb to be a proper parent. I remember just watching with my mouth open at the retarded answers he gave and how Miley was answering mostly for him in the interview. One weird dumb family.

wk

Alright, if ever I had any respect for Billy Ray (which, believe me, was very very very very little) it is totally gone now. WHAT A SCUZBALL!!!! I am flabbergasted!!!! If this were my daughter, well she'd be in trouble and the man allowing it to happen would be hitting the pavement.

seabass

Will it be "just fun" when they 44 yr old man is facing staturory rape charges because he had sexual contact with a minor 16 years of age or younger. (State Laws) Think Billy Ray, Think!!!

Freddy digs UFC

Today, real little girls look at Miley music videos. What videos did Miley look at when she was younger. Maybe some Christina and Britney , but also probably some hip hop. That's how kids learn to dance. And she was grinding on someone she and her dad trust. BFD

Nicole

Considering that Miley is the bread winner of the family, and daddy Billy only has a job b/c of his daughter's shirt tail that he is riding on, how do u expect him to set limits for her? It is a whole different way of life in that world.

Bethany

I AM a 17 year old girl and while I may dance at parties I would never ever do that with a 44 yr old guy whether he was gay or not, nor would I ever do that at a party where there were children, there is a time and a place for grinding and with an old man is never acceptable. I'm not surprised by this though, she is headed down that path. Miley is clearly not used to being told NO, don't do that, no-one will say no to her and things like this are a consequence of that. She need's to learn when to tell HERSELF no.

Darlene

Not a good role model for kids!

Gospeliscious

Well, c'mon now... Miley is Billy Ray's meal-ticket. Of course he's going to say he's fine with his then-16 year old meal-ticket daughter doing simulated sex moves with a 44 year old man. Why would he care as long as his bills are getting paid?