Miley's Dad on Lap Dance Video: 'Just Fun'

5/13/2010 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Billy Ray Cyrus is blowing off the controversy over his  then 16-year-old daughter Miley Cyrus grinding on a 44-year-old man -- saying, "It's what people her age do."

We spoke to Billy moments ago about the video that TMZ first posted yesterday -- Miley dirty dancing with Adam Shankman during the wrap party for her movie "The Last Song."

In our poll, an overwhelming majority said the dance was inappropriate ... and 40 percent of readers blamed Miley's parents -- who were not there when the dancing deed was done.

Papa Billy says Miley was just "having fun."

MILEY FAN

I love Miley soo soo much and i alwasys will... Look I'm 13 i dance like this all the time at parties you don't care how old the guy is you get wrapped up in having a great time... Okay Miley made a mistake but do you think anyone really cares except for parents.. My little sister saw this she said alright and walked away I don't think she is going to run off and do it with anyone. I just think we should cut her a break and Billy Ray because it is what kids her age and my age do. We dance with people no matter how old.

- A miley Fan

P.S its not like she was giving him an actual lap dance.

Xavier

I'll have some "fun" with her ^_^

Shanice

Yes that is what people her age do.But they don't normally do it on 40 year old's.

joe klavick

"The guy is gay" which means nothing more than a perve who doesn't care whether its a girl or a girl or a donkey grinding their ass on his crotch.

Brittany

okayyyyyy but ive seen kids younger than her get REAL down and dirty while dancing its really is what kids do now that doesnt make it appropriate but hey its what happens...pretty much what she did was innocent because it was just in good fun dancing is dancing...plus hes gay...and when people are just in ordinary clubs they dance on random people no matter the age so why would it be different here? And as far as her being an influence to the children...she's an influence to them on disney channel and movies and stuff but umm...not here...not as this party these kids dont see this footage its not a show or a movie unless the parents go hey kids look at your idol at this party but then thats not really her fault huh? and im not even a fan of Miley i just feel its not a big deal...its quite innocent

Gaby

I think it's complete and utter BULL**** that you blame Miley 23% more of the time than you do Adam. Who's the adult here? Who should know better? It's not any one persons fault. And honestly this is a private video at a private party. Never should have gotten exposed in the first place. That's what happens when JACKASSES stick their nose in other peoples business. Go live your life and stop judging how other people live theirs.

angela

well im 11 and now ever since miley change i have never been her fan i think miley should wake up and notice she is like i dont know 16 or something and she is rubing her self on some guy who is not evan clos 2 her age so billy guy evrything u r saying to daffending her because no 1 is buying it and right now your leting mily lose half of her friends MILEY 2 THINGS FOR U 1G GET IT

parker

the only reason her parents doesn't say anything is because they are using her for fame and money until she turns 18.
if her father did care ,like any parent wudd he would cut off her disney cotract but becuase he love the attention he sits around and lets his daughter act like a friggin stripper.

Amanda

shes just having fun, you people need to take a chill pill and let a 17 year old "be a 17 year old"

the truth

first off TMC and the trillon other leech companys are paiting your answers in the ways thay photograph and soliciting aswsers for any duma$$ that cares to respond. as far as this there just dancing and your crying about the her age if your imature with deficient knowleg then the actions will speak loader thin words as. so a 17 year old girl thats stands eye to eye to a 44 year old has mullti millions seen more been more place's then who ever says foul things about her cant dance like 90% of the girls in middel school wake up use your computer googles there to teach dumba$$ people first look around befor you judge somthing.

breya

bitch ur nasty i hate u now miley n billy ray cyrus !!!!!!! mc mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i don't know u

unknown

Miley you are disgusting, a slut, a bad roll model, and a bitch. I can't wait to see your career end. I have a little cousin that loves her show nd looks up to her only if she really knew how she is. Also Billy what the hell are you thinking just haveing fun are you stupid your daughter is a slut and you should know that by now. I have a great idea instead of being an actress mabey miley should be a lap dancer for all her old, ugly, and perverded co workers. You are a slut. I can't wait to see how your little sister will turn out. Do you even relize what you do, i mean like you have a little sister that looks up to you do you really want her start giving her teachers lap dances. I hope you read this miley u SLUT!!!!!!

unknown

Miley is a stupid beep nd she shouldnt be a roll model for little kids i have a cousin that watches her show nd knowing what she does makes me sick. Miley is a slut nd i bet if her career goes down she will make money by being a lap dancer for Shankman. Hes a perv nd miley is a ugly slut no wonder why her bf broke up with ner im suprised she has friends. Also her parents don't know how to rais kids i can't wait to see how the little one turns out. SLUT!!!! Hey miley hope you read this.

Linz

This is not just innocent teenage fun! She is sixteen and I would maybe understand if it were someone her own age, but not someone her old enough to be her father. It is not just her fault he is an adult and she is a teen. He should have been the adult and told her to stop. I was sixteen once but I can not remember one time that I did something that inappropriate because my parents and grandparents taught me better than that. She claims to be a christian she is not acting the way God would want her to act. And yes she has camera shoved in her face, which is more of a reason for her to act appropriately. She chose the life she is living and she knows she is looked up to by many children. She needs to grow up and be a good role model for her fans. Which are mostly children- Not adults. Not all teens are doing what she is doing. Some of them have enough respect for themselves to not be acting like a slut. I am just going to pray that she will learn from this and try to be a better role model.

Destiny

Seriously, have none of you been to a prom before? I've seen worse at a middle school prom. All ya'll hate on Miley because you have nothing else to do. Leave her alone, she's just a teenager! I mean let her make her own decisions and mistakes without blowing them out of proportion. Some of the things people say about her drive me insane! LET HER LIVE!

Previous 15 Comments | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments