Volcanic Ash 1, Lindsay Lohan 0

5/18/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan might miss her court hearing on Thursday -- but LiLo's defense is Mother Nature herself.

Lindsay Lohan Volcano

Lindsay is in Cannes to promote her upcoming Linda Lovelace biopic.  She must appear in court Thursday for her probation progress report hearing -- she's required to show because she has only completed 10 of the 13 required alcohol ed classes (she snuck in a class last Friday).

But sources say she can't get a flight back to the States because of the volcanic ash from Iceland. Airports all over Europe are jam-packed and it's impossible to get a seat.

Here's the thing -- as we first reported, if Lindsay doesn't show, the judge will issue a bench warrant for her arrest.

me

In response to: " 26. I find it very sad that these paparazzi firms like TMZ literally drive celebrities to the grave and then they start pissing on them afterwords. Operations like TMZ should be banned, illegal, and put out of business because far too many people lives get exploited by their actions and most times they are speculated lies that ruin anybody who's anybody. Who at TMZ can cast the first stone we are all humans and believe me we all f*ck up and yes sometimes on purpose, so who cares. If celebrities would get together and challenge their government I feel that they could start fighting back, seriously if someone were to follow me around all the time I too would kick the **** out of whomever was close enough, then the waterworks starts and boo hoo someone cries assault, simply classless. I never saw so many shallow, opportunistic wimps posing to be people working a job with purpose. One day the paparazzi will have their day.....

Posted at 4:11 AM on May 18, 2010 by Ash"

You have got to be either Lindsay or Dina being that you are in such denial. Let me tell you a story. I was watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory last night and it occurred to me that I had not seen Gene Wilder in a very long time, so long that I wondered for a second if he may have passed away. He didn't, he is just extremely private.

I think ANYONE would argue that Gene is far more well known and well loved than Lindsey. If the paps were so intrusive, Gene would have had a pic snapped of him by now :) Ole Trainwreck Lilo WANTS to be talked about every day, followed around by paps, even if it puts her in a negative light, because she will never face how completely irrelevant she really is.

my firstname

A quick search on Kayak yields many flights still available each day (today, tomorrow) - maybe 10 ways to get home. You could also just click your heals...

abxpress

Sickened by the TMZ staff priorities , who honestly really cares about this?

lea8199

Ugh!! i hope the judge doestn give her a break because of this.. She should have NOT gone to France.. she doesnt care.. she's just giving the judge a big FK U...

Emo Rodis

Lindsay Lohan is a mess. I saw her strolling out of her Soho Condo and she looked like a complete disaster. She needs to get it together before she is becomes another Britney Spears.

DT

People - the friends she flew over with are already back in the US. She's back - she's just trying to stay in the press.

avery

LL is a f-ing idiot. She deserves to go to jail especially since rehab doesn't work for her. TMZ move on to someone else. Her and Paris Hilton are a waste of life.

Helbert

I say throw her in jail. She'll get a good dose of a wake up call. Plus she'll start to withdraw, and then everyone will see the true side of this trainwreck.

working mom 2

Why is it that I got a parking ticket in CA, disputed it in a letter because live in a different state. They say it was a legal ticket, and since fighting it and not paying it, it has been sent to a collection agency and doubled in price?! So I can't park illegally, but I can drive drunk, drive talking on my cell phone and not show up for a court hearing? Oh, I guess it only works that way if you've been on TV or played in a movie. WHAT A JOKE!!!

Duh

I'm sure Lindsay and her people knew that before they went over to Europe (volcanic ash- been going on for weeks). They seem to think the Judge is dumb.

trixR4kids

haha, good luck

LA Native

abxpress, we who live in LA care a LOT, because the courts sure don't help us get these screw-ups off the streets. Plain and simple. It's bad enough here, we don't need people making a complete mockery out of our court system.

LA Native

Thats kind of an ignorant thing to say, Robert.

Turk182

Miss it! Miss it! Please I beg you miss it!

Louis

She's DONE. Why did she even go to Cannes in the first place?