Michael Jackson -- My Dog Ate My Creditor's Claim

5/18/2010 9:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonA guy who worked with Michael Jackson for roughly 40 years is begging a judge to accept a creditor's claim 4 months after the deadline -- because, well, he didn't know it was due!

Richard Arons -- one of Michael's old managers -- claims MJ's estate never informed him that he needed to file a claim to continue getting the royalty checks he had been pulling in for years.

In the docs, filed Friday in L.A. County Superior Court, Arons claims by the time he learned he needed to file the paperwork, the deadline had passed ... and dude doesn't want his money well to dry up!

Now, Arons wants a second chance -- we'll see if the excuse flies with the judge.

Siggisis

70. "The worthiest people are the most injured by slander, as is the best fruit which the birds have been pecking at"

J.Swift

Posted at 11:53 AM on May 18, 2010 by susie

Thanks, that is sadly true. So well said.

Cheryl

This is not a good picture of MJ. TMZ there are many pics of MJ smiling, use one of those.
Lets focus on whats really important, Michael was MURDERED. AEG, Frank DiLeo, Randy Philips, Tohme, Mattolla are all behind it.
They got what they wanted. The new SONY deal makes millions for them too. DiLeo is now on the SONY board. People wake up, MJ did not just die under the hands of Murray. It was set up. See MuzikFactory2 videos on youtube.

Daphne

Posted at 7:58 AM on May 18, 2010 by pauline

I agree. I usually just scrolled past posts about the false accusations, whether u agreed with the outcome or not, its over & done with. No one, absolutely, no one is going to open the file & look again. Its history. So why go back and dwell on it. Obviously, some people have nothing better to do, & u know what I'm talking about. We, MJ fans (yes, including the rabid fanatical moron fans), as long as u are a fan, we should move forward & remember MJ for his brilliant contribution to the music industry. Even that fellow, what's his name, u know, the former head of Sony, he agrees that MJ was by far, one of the most talented artists of all time. RIP Michael.

Posted at 11:57 AM on May 18, 2010 by Daphne

Daphne

Posted at 11:59 AM on May 18, 2010 by Cheryl

OK, I'll check out that video on YouTube. Watched one yesterday about similar situation. It was heartbreaking & disturbing, if it were all true. RIP Michael.

Nicole

Jim and Dustin are most likely pedophiles who like talking about little boys that they're probably harming right now. Quit blaming MJ for your delusions sick fantsies you white devils. I should call DCFS on your sick repeated posts you sick monsters.

Nicole

nan

has he been in a coma or something. didnt he notice that mj passed and that other people were putting in claims .he is outta luck. this claim should be shot down.

Margaret Saunders

Hell No!!!!!!!!!!A Dead Line Is Just That a Deadline!!!OMG Why Should a Judge Give His Special Treatment??Shame,Shame, Shame..If It Were Some Joe Blow....He Wouldn't But Because It Something To do With Michael Jackson...HELL NO!!

MiMi

69. Thanks for posting, Mimi. I'll definitely be watching. Gest has known The Jacksons since they were all children.

Posted at 11:18 AM on May 18, 2010 by Cathy

I hope this will be shown in Calgary, Canada. Do u know which channel? June 10th, OK, I'll mark it down. Thanks.

Posted at 11:49 AM on May 18, 2010 by Daphne

-------------------------------------------------

YW Cathy

Daphne, I think they meant June 2010. It doesn't specify the date it will be aired. Will just have to keep a look out for it.

Daphne

5. Thank God the creditor claims are over!!! Arons sorry you were too late. Sucks I know, but hey it was your money you should have been asking someone if you you had to file a claim to continue to get paid. Heck, I understood you had to file just from reading TMZ and I'm just a country girl!
RIP MJ my sunflower will be on its way very soon!

Posted at 1:02 AM on May 18, 2010 by lap123

I'm still laughing. Your comment is funny, especially the parts about you being a country girl & the sunflower is on the way. I agree with what u said. A manager in business for 40 yrs should have known better.

MiMi

Geez Louise one little post takes up half the page. Wish TMZ would fix this spacing thing.....

Trish

Another great picture of the child rapist.

Siggisis

75. 329. 318. why does every story about MJ always turn into another molestation story? The man was acquitted. get over it. move on with your lives. stay on topic please.

Posted at 7:58 AM on May 18, 2010 by pauline

I think that many of the people who are here and elsewhere bashing Michael have themselves been sexually molested when they were children. They are projecting the hate of their perpetrators on Michael. Let´s face it, it is easier to hate Michael than to hate, say your dad, who in reality is the one that DESERVES that hate.
They have deep wounds from that, and deep, deep anger. I don´t blame them for that.
I just wish they would seek help with their obvious problems.

But the fact that they were molested does NOT make Michael a molester. Michael NEVER molested a child.

Others are simply pedophiles themselves. They are here because they enjoy talking about their sordid fantasies about what Michael (in their sick minds) did to kids.

They can go to hell.

moni

56. Royalty checks for being a former mngr ?

Posted at 10:08 AM on May 18, 2010 by cawobeth

That's a really good question.
Basically I think that this old man should be paid if he has a sound claim. In view of his age some generosity seems to be appropriate.
However, what kind of business-deal is it which guarantees some manager a lifelong payment on regular basis!?

Nicole

You too Trish, just another female child rapist. I should report you to DCFS also. You Justin and Dustin should all go to the nearest jail cell and get beat down you low life nobodys. MJ has nothing to do with your mama and daddy molesting you as a child.

Go get help, or go to jail you pedophile talking devils.