Janet Jackson Chops Off All of Her Hair

5/20/2010 10:44 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Janet Jackson just turned 44 and celebrated by showing off a chic, much shorter 'do in London on Wednesday.

media_removed_tmz

That's the way hair goes.

goldenstar

out of furstration makes street boys de paracy,looking objection,street boys de hungry.some have no money to buy pure water and we are still in hunger.no job vacancy whyyyyyyyyyy?

alice

I THINK JANET LOOKS HOTTR N YOUNGER IN HER NEW CUT.........

reshandra

OOOOH NICE I DONT LIKE SHORT HAIR BUT JANET LOOKS DAMN GOOD
I LIKE ALL THE HAIR STYLES SHE WEARS I WERE THE SAME WEAVE THEY SAY SHE HAS IN HER HAIR I DIDNRT KNOW JANET WORE WEAVE WHAT WOMEN IN THIS WORLD DONT I HAVE MEDIUM HAIR I LOVE WEAVE JANET IS LOVELY

LOUIS

HER BEAUTY IS NATURAL

Yaz H

Sisters: are we still having conversations about hair...?! Boring...

ohreally

Love the new hair.. she looks sexier with it

Michelle

JANET I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A FAN OF HERS. SHE LOOKS BEAUTYFUL N ANY HAIR STYLE, ANYTHING SHE WAERS, WEIGHT ON OR OFF. SHE IS PLANE OH BEAUTYFUL. SO U EITHER ACCEPT OR LEAVE HER ALONE. LET'S SEE BEYONCE DO IT. HER SISTER DID SHE STOPPED WEARING ALL THOSE WEAVES AND CUT HER HAIR SHORT AND SHE LOOKS VERY NICE. ME PERSONALLY IS ABOUT TO CUT MY LONG HAIR SHORT COME NEXT WEEK, I'M AFICAN AMERICAN AND LONG HAIR RUNS IN MY FAMILY ON BOTH SIDES PASSED THE SHOULDERS. ALL IT IS IS THAT SHE HAS A NEW AND LOOK TO GO WITH IT THAT'S ALL. DO YOUR THANG JANET I LOVE YOU AND THE DO.

nick

i like it a lot :)

Sandi

hmmm so what if she did wear a weave? If it looked good, then great. However her hair looks beautiful short. It really shows off her beautiful features. I mean she's 44 and look at her skin? Gorgeous.

Taz

She looks Wonderful. It fits her

vlm

Her short cut is way better! The weaves didn't look like the right texture for her ethnicity. If the weaves were the same texture as her natural hair then it would have been more flattering as well as more natural. Even now the hair looks somewhat processed,but definitely more flattering.

denishawilliams

excuse me but there are some of us blackwomen who do have long hair but sometimes we dont like it its annoying and it makes you want to wack it off it too hot for all of that everybody black dont wear a weave thank you very much.

Jo

She looks fantastic. For all of you KNOW IT ALLS. Janet has nice hair, maybe at times she would add more onto her own for a longer or fuller look (like Jessica Simpson and others).

Joan

Beautiful! Luv it!!!

kd

Janet looked fantastic last night on idol. LOVE LOVE her short sophisticated hair and the courage it took to toss the fake stuff weaves or long whatwomenthinkmenwant hair and be her naturally gorgeous self. Beyonce move over..can't imagine she would have the courage. Absolutely perfect for Janet's face.