'Survivor' Producer Back in U.S.

5/23/2010 3:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0511_survivor_EXTMZ has learned Bruce Beresford-Redman -- the former "Survivor" producer who was not allowed to leave Mexico during the investigation into his wife's murder -- has returned to Los Angeles.

Richard Hirsch, Beresford-Redman's lawyer, tells TMZ that Mexican officials allowed his client to leave the country. As Hirsch puts it, "He has been informed that he has no legal obligation to remain in Mexico pending an investigation into the tragic death of his wife, Monica."

Hirsch tells TMZ his client "has returned to Los Angeles County to be with his children and attend to family and personal matters."

Mexican officials had previously told Beresford-Redman not to leave Mexico and had taken his passport. It is unclear if Beresford-Redman got it back.

Hirsch adds, "He is devastated by the loss of his wife, best friend, and the mother of his children. He and his family are requesting that their privacy be respected during this time of great grief and sorrow."

Story developing ...

annoyed

how ridulous that all these rich people seem to get away with anything... if it were you or me we"d be stuck eating quesadillas until after a trial...

to little

You can pput money on it he paid his way back to the US. I hope the mexico has enough on this guy. But there is a good chance he can pay off Mexico officals and walk free if he hasn't already.

Yes you can now take your wife across the border kill her pay off officals and come back to the US because police her can't touch you. The other half of the family thats in real morning they lost there daughter, sister! Redman and his family isn't morning anything I don't respect the privacy of a killer!

Mac

I'm sure the guy planned to kill his wife in Mexico knowing how inept the police are and how corrupt they are that they can be bought off to look the other way. It's a shame this guy will probably not be held accountable. Those poor children have to grow up with a father that is evil.

bka62223

A little money goes a long way in Mexico... a lot of money goes even further.

It is so obvious that this s***bag shot his wife. Just how inept ( or corrupt ) can the Mexican authorities be???

If I was one of his kids; I'd probably call 911 some night, tell them that I think there's an intruder in the house, and I'd blow his wife & mother killing soul right to hell......

bka62223

A little money goes a long way in Mexico... a lot of money goes even further.

If I was one of his kids; I'd call 911 some night, tell them that I think there's an intruder in the house, and I'd blow his wife & mother killing soul right to hell......

Dan

How is a man involved in a killing allowed to see children? I hope there is at least supervision of a law enforcement type before he's allowed to see them.

How ridiculous! This murderer is just walking around scott-free... and the murderer's parents get the children... unbelievable... it's no wonder the world is screwy these days.

Celebrities Suck

hmmmm, maybe he killed her in Mexico because he knows how poor that country is and how he'd probably be able to pay off the judges/police officer/lawyers to shut up them up and set him free. In Mexico the police officers are worse then a none police officer in that country. Money talks Bu#ll**** walks....

Quiet

Great !! Him and Lindsay back in the USA !

marymac

Wonder how much he had to pay the Mexican govt for his freedom.

Celebrities Suck

this man seemed to have it all planned out. I'm sure he'd figure that he could take his nagging wife and children to Mexico the land of corruption, but before doing so he'd take out a life insurance on his beautiful nagging wife. Where he probably killed her and paid off people for his freedom.

LaToya Jackson

Shady shady shady... If you have money you go free !!! How did he get back into America with out a pass port? *I'm just ask'en

Rob

If you have to murder, do it in Mexico. That country is so poor, and filled with so many mass-murders, fueled by drugs, that they don't have the resources to pursue a single murder. Also, having millions so you can bribe Mexican officials, doesn't hurt with either.

I am never watching Survivor again. The producer is wife murdering s***, and the correct person never wins. HOW THE HECK DID RUSSELL NOT WIN EITHER OF THE LAST 2 SEASONS!!! The idiots on the jury vote for their friends, instead of the deserving winner. I could understand if the show was called make friends, but it is called Survivor, and if the strongest (mentally and physically) person doesn't win, then I will never watch it again.

Knockers De Clown

This is going to get interesting !!!

JLS

This man managed to pay somebody off in Mexico. Nice that there is a price for looking the other way when you clearly killed your wife.

Mika

His lawyer is saying the Mexicans let him go. But the Mexicans were saying yesterday that they could not find him for questioning. Someone is lying. For sure HE is lying.
Now the kids are going to be in the custody of a murderer. HOW SCARY!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments