Bret Michaels -- 'Beat Up' After 'Apprentice' Finale

5/24/2010 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Despite feeling "beat up" after winning "Celebrity Apprentice" last night, a resilient Bret Michaels was ready to party ... "sort of."

Bret Michaels
Michaels, who was hospitalized after suffering a warning stroke last week, hit up the finale after-party at the Trump SoHo in NYC -- where Bret said he was "so happy to be here."

Bret's $250,000 prize will benefit the American Diabetes Association.

Gladhe8her

You the best Bret,god bless you

Detroit

Congrats to Bret but some of us know who really won! Seriously though you need to take some time off and get well!

Cheryl A.

Congratulations to the WINNER. You are creative, talented, forcused and have STREGNTH.

Greg

They put the Celebrity Apprentice finale up against the series finale of Lost? LOL! No wonder NBC can't turn a profit. They don't know what in the heck they're doing. Congratulations to Bret for winning, Too bad nobody saw it.

Susie

Rock ON Bret and thanks to God you are with us. You are here to do good things with your life, and obviously its by helping others as shown on the Apprentice. I went thru a similiar situation started in Dec. Pneumonia, then lung blood clots, and plueracy, etc. etc. just now getting on my feet better.
I do now know that God comes into our lives at different times to remind us whats important when we lose site of it, or get dwelling in the stuff that doesnt matter. At 50 yrs old, I never dreamed to be put so many medical problems in such a short time, and it is scary as hell, but like me, you have seen the big picture.
Continue on with your path, a new path, a new importance and God Bless you precious.

Greg

Hey, Susie, I don't know you but I just wanted to say hang in there and stay strong. You have a great perspective on dealing with these troubles life throws at us from time to time.

Susie

Bret? Also its time now to get some REST mixed in with the recovery and physical therapy!!! I know, I am still doing both!!It is going to take awhile, but resting and breathing at the same time heals your body!!!

Rob

So to win some stupid tv show he faked a life threatening illness. Rock on douche.

Susie

Susie

Rob, not sure why you would feel that statement was necessary, and obviously you did not watch the show. Bret earned the "Win", and its not possible to fake his conditions. I wont stoop so low as to call you name. Hope your day is better Rob and less people cross your path to be the brunt of your anger.

carol

Rest and recuperate - don't even try to go back to performing. You need your rest right now. Congratulations on your Celebrity
Apprentice win - I think both you and Holly were wonderful.

Greg

"9. Hey thanks Greg, and I am sure not going to say its easy to accept these set backs we are thrown. Its often much Easier to fall into the "Poor me, I am a victim" stages off and on and not want to crawl out of bed.
I don't think those have hit Bret yet, and hopefully those times don't, he is a tough one, much more then I think he even knew. Now Greg I am sure you feel the same as me, BRET GET SOME REST, we dont want to see you in a magazine, paper, online stuff, nuthing@!!! Family, friends, love, and rest!!"

Oh most definitely. I think his talk about getting ready for an upcoming tour is ridiculous. He owes it to his daughters and to himself to rest and recuperate to the fullest degree possible.

Candi

The winner is Bret! What a great guy Bret is. Holly is a glorified beggar and she looks like an idiot begging for money all of the time. Close her charity, it is nothing more than a front for that hooker to get money for her family for personal use. Look at where her money goes to. Last year she paid herself over half of the charity money for "PERSONAL EXPENSES", how convenient. On "BUSINESS EXPENSES" she spent $32,000 of the money she "raised". What a fraud!

Veroncia

I love, admire, respect, and adore this man. He has been through so much lately, but he keeps on going to fight for his daughter and others with this possible deadly disease. Bret and Holly are both heros in my book. The relationship with his daughter is so moving. You could tell how much he loved her. Rockers over the years have always gotten a bad name, but there are so many out there who would do anything for their families, and he is one of them. To see Bret show his emotional side is refreshing. THis man has a big heart, and lots of love.
Congrats Bret,

With lots of love, and a huge fan.
Veronica

Dakota

Veroncia, Susie and Greg, great comments and gives the impression each of you would do just as well if you were playing for charities on Apprentice….…..Until, I watched Celebrity Apprentice, I really didn’t know much about Bret Michaels even though he was a member of the Poison band. However, Bret definitely earned my respect for being sensitive, compassionate and a dedicated person to finding a cure for diabetes’s, caring about the other contestants charities and how he treats people he knows or doesn’t know. Congratulations Bret, well deserve and wish you the very best!!..... In addition, as a critic in the past of Mr. Trump for being a rating seeker for outlandish antics, he deserves some praise for giving Daryl Strawberry money for his charity. Especially, since Daryl was fired previously and made no money for his charity. Maybe, Bret touched Mr. Trump’s heart as well, in which Mr. Trump demonstrated some kindness. Nice job Mr. Trump!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments