Rhoda vs. Alice

Who'd You Rather?

5/24/2010 2:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Classic '70s TV sitcom actresses Valerie "Rhoda" Harper, 70, and Linda "Alice" Lavin, 72, reunited at an event in NYC this weekend.

Rhoda vs. Alice
Question is ...

Trish

I'd rather do Mel.

w

WTF, I thought they were the same person!!

I keed I keed, on a serious note, I use to watch Alice and Rhoda with my Mom when I was a kid, I love their shows, they dont make them like they use to. look they are both beautiful women

CCC

Is this really necessary?

Abe

Geez, that's like asking would I prefer to cut my penis off or have it fall off all by itself.

Phreaky

They both look really good, but wow Valerie Harper looks fabulous.

Phreaky

Valerie looks younger than Lindsay.

Aitch

Rhoda looks pretty good.

jb

Seeing Valerie Harper is kind of bittersweet. I guess she looks good for her age, but damn, where has the time gone? Mary Tyler Moore was one of my favorite shows, Such great memories as a kid growing up with my whole family watching that show on a Saturday night. In some ways seems like a long time ago, in other ways seems like yesterday. The 70s were great, if I could go back in time, that's where I'd go, when Rhoda was young, my grandparents were still around, no wars, no terrorism, no huge national debt, no PC nonsense and a lot more freedoms then today, yep life was good. I'd go back in a flash.

Deed

Let's see - who would a gay boy in his 20's, in the 70's, want to hang out with? Alice, a single mom working in an AZ diner, or Rhoda, a kooky New Yorker who works in window dressing & costuming? Tell me Rhoda didn't have tons of young, cute gay friends. And based on nothing but the picture provided, this 50-something gay man would probably like to hang out w/ Valerie today.

Deed

Woody McBrreairty

Valerie looks great - true that time flies-I don't think there was ever a funnier sitcom than Rhoda. Together Rhoda, Brenda & Ida were the funniest characters on TV. They did not need the others, or any guest stars, the 3 of them carried it all. Rhoda is the only old TV show I have rented on DVD. It's still just as funny...

Jon

Valerie looks great .too bad we haven't seen her around.I have the feeling she may have been blacklisted because of the "Valerie's Family" debacle when Sandy Duncan took over.

Whatever

Wow, Valerie looks amazing as in STUNNING. And Alice looks great. I grew up watching these two and they've aged perfectly. Cheers to the 1970s! We rocked it.

Whatever

JB, I couldn't agree with you more. I would love to go back to the 70s too. I graduated from high school in 1980, perfect time to usher in all subsequent 80s nonsense. But the 70s were great. My grandparents would be alive, you could walk anywhere at anytime as a kid and not get abducted, three channels on TV were enough and people hung out and had fun and everyone was usually in the middle of one book or another. No war, no stupid iPad, phones on the wall with cords that worked. And a thousand other things. Mary Tyler Moore took place in Mpls, where I am from, so we watched it as a family too. (Her house has since been converted to a single family home from apartments and is HUGE and gorgeous.) Anyway, I relate to all you said and agree.

sam

SOOOOO Mean....they both look great, although one could clearly afford to have a little work done!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments