Ryan Seacrest

The Next Simon Cowell?

5/28/2010 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There is only one person who could replace Simon Cowell on "American Idol" ... someone famous, someone critical, and someone with a penchant for tight clothing ... someone like Ryan Seacrest.

Ryan Seacrest
A TMZ user named April made the suggestion on Thursday's TMZ Live -- and when we got to thinkin' ... it made perfect sense.

Seacrest knows the show -- he knows the music -- and he has a great rapport with the rest of the judges.

Plus, it would be way easier to plug in a new host than force another awkward, unfamiliar person to sit at the judges' table .... we're talkin' about you Kara.

So we gotta ask ...

CAS

HARRY CONNICK JR. would be awesome! Tons of personality, & knows music!

dan

What about somebody like Rick Rubin?

nikki

I think Brett Michaels would be a good host. I think he could be hard when he needs to be and knows his music!!

mary

I think Ryan would be very good as a Judge. He has that same edginess that Simon has..People love to hate him. I think they need to get rid of Karen Deguardio, she seems to love the sound of her own voice..and I don't! By the way isen't it spelled rapport? P.S. Why not ask Harvey to be a Judge, I think he would be great..

Redhead

Harry Connick would be terrific as judge.

Christina G.

I've got a better idea. Lose the show.

Chuck

My choice to replace Simon would be Bret Michaels.....

Scotty

It's rapport.

Angelanc

I put the same comment up there 2 days ago but no-one read the comment! uuuggghhh !

Laurie

I think Bret Michaels would be a great judge! He already has experience from Nashville Star. He may not be mean like Simon but he would give constructive criticism and he certainly knows the music world because he's still relevant after 20 years. And that may be the only way to get him to sit still!!

jpxold

Gene Simmons from KISS should replace Simon

JB

Bring Back PAULA

April

BRET MICHAELS FOR SIMONS SPOT!!!!!!

Josh K

Who really cares? The show has run its course, and Cowell knows it. That is why he is going to another show that he created.

The show has really become lame, anyway. Well, since when really has it ever been any good?

Oh, and Seacrest? That fruit bat is about as gay as a choice the producers could make in replacing Cowell.

Actually, just not ever have another season of this crappy show. Honestly, I know people that sing at our local karaoke bar, and they sing much, much better than 99% of the contestants I've ever seen on American Idol.

Josh K