Beyonce Sued By Nightmare Neighbor

5/28/2010 7:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

This one is classic.  Beyonce is being sued by a guy who claims his daily routine was turned upside down by a film crew shooting a Beyonce music video for "Why Don't You Love Me."

0527_beyonce_docs

Philip Markowitz alleges in a lawsuit obtained by TMZ ...his peace and quiet was shattered the morning of March 26, 2010, when the film crew "invaded his neighborhood" ... waking him out of a peaceful sleep at 7 AM.

That nightmare was followed by a series of intrusions, Markowitz claims.  Markowitz says during the morning ... every time he tried leaving his house the crew was blocking his driveway.  He went in and out and in and out .... and each time, he says, there was some obstacle in his way.

Now it gets really good.  Markowitz says he "missed several business calls while arguing calmly in his driveway."  By 11:30 AM, "He demanded compensation for the trespass on his property and the inconvenience and delay he had already suffered."

In fact, Markowitz says he told someone from the crew that he's gotten upwards of $10,000 for the use of his property, but says he was told he couldn't be paid this time because it was a "low budget film shoot."

But Markowitz doesn't buy it.  He's suing Beyonce and the production company for unspecified damages ... including the dreaded punitive damages.

Trish

Nothing worse than a moody, crabby neighbor! I have one, and they suck.

Me too

I'd sue her ass too if I could; she is a tramp, marrying that deadbeat loser.

Steve

If my neighbor made tons of noise and blocked me from going in and out of my own property I'd sue 'em as well.

DJ

Sounds like she is the nightmare neighbor, not him.

ChorizoSupreme

Trust me the Neighbor is not the villain. I'm speaking from experience. It's not Beyonce's fault though, she is not responsible for scouting a location and making sure the neighbors have no complaints. He should be suing the production company. If she actually had a role in the production of the shoot, then that is a different story.

Wendy

Actually, it's illegal to block a driveway, it's private property. Sounds like this one should be decided against her.

Sonja

Why not just call the cops, easy enough. These people have to pull permits to shoot and abide by rules, you can a regular car towed for blocking your drive so why bother arguing instead of just calling the cops after the first runaround.

Diana

As others have said, I don't blame him either. Home is the one place people are supposed to be able to rest and relax and people don't want to hear their neigbors being loud and obnoxious, or blocking the property that they pay for. If W0reonce wants to make a video, she needs to go to a damn studio.

feebee

What a loser this guy is... trying to sponge some money out of his rich neighbor... these people make me sick !

get a life ho

Feebee ( reading challenged )

It says Beyonce was shooting a video using this guys property .
Beyonce isnt his neighbor , learn to read !
The video people are the sponges here .

Film crews cant just use someones property for free .

This seems to be a slam dunk case against Beyonce and the production company IMO

Tired of toxomom

The guy is just po'd cause he didn't get paid. If it had been that much of a problem at the time, he should have called the police.

I'MWITHCOCOFORREAL

I'm with the neighbor on this one. I get tired of the little kids next door hanging out and making noise outside of my apartment. Maybe I should sue them....

feebee

READ THE HEADLINE "GET A LIFE HO"

WordOutlet

You can bet your butt that if she were a nobody with nothing in the bank, there would be no complaint. Right?

L2R

People, read the above article before you comment. First off, Beyonce was making a video at this guy's neighbor's house, it was the production of that video that was disruptive to him.

Secondly he told some one he was compensated with $10,000 for the use of his property. As long as no damage was done, I would be happy to rent my driveway/front yard and put up with the noise and inconvience for a day for $10,000.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments