Gary Coleman

Dies

5/28/2010 6:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gary Coleman has died as the result of injuries he suffered earlier this week, the hospital tells TMZ.

We've learned Gary's wife, Shannon, made the decision to pull life support early this AM.

We're told Coleman died at 12:05 PM MST.  He died of a intracranial hemorrhage.

Family members and close friends were at Coleman's side when life support was pulled.

He was 42.

As TMZ first reported, Coleman was rushed to a hospital in Utah after he fell and hurt his head. He was on life support since Thursday.

There will be a press conference at the hospital at 3:00 PM PT.

A rep for Coleman released this statement: "Thanks to everyone for their well wishing and support during this tragic time. Now that Gary has passed, we know he will be missed because of all the love and support shown in the past couple of days. Gary is now at peace and his memory will be kept in the hearts of those who were entertained by him throughout the years."

More Today in TMZ History

Truth

RIP shorty. Whatcha doin Willis?! Tough life, poor kid.

Nicole

This is so sad. I felt like I grew up knowing him. I'm so sorry he passed. He was a favorite of my childhood. I'll miss him.

stan

DID HIS WIFE PUSH HIM ???

raven

RIP Gary.

Xav

"I'm dead? What you talkin bout, Jesus?"

R.I.P. brotha..

lgwelsh1

This is terrible, everyone loved Gary!

Condolences to his family.

panthergirl89

Hope he finally finds peace.

Lola Jay

Thats really sad i was hoping it wouldn't end like this.

At least hes resting now.

nikki6

that's so sad, that poor man has had it so hard his whole life, may God rest his soul

MBFH

I met Gary once in 2004 at a cigar store in West L.A. Nice guy.

Grump

Rest in Peace Gary, knowing you are in a better and safer place now. Thanks for the memories.

gayle

That's soooooooooooo sad!!! RIP Gary! You made us laugh sooooo much on Different Strokes -- we will never forget you!!

Camille

I was just thinking "I don't want to be a negative Nancy, but I don't think Gary's gonna make it." So I check TMZ and he is sadly dead. R.I.P Gary.

charlei harper

Ha..if you look at the preceeding story, you will see that I reported this at 11:36am...kind of slow arent you TMZ...that series is jinxed...Plato OD'd, Dixie Carter died, Plato's son just died and Todd has had more trouble than I've had hangovers...watch out Conrad...you could be next...the grim reaper is swinging his sickel...

Tray

RIP Gary. No more suffering!