Gary Coleman

Dies

5/28/2010 6:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gary Coleman has died as the result of injuries he suffered earlier this week, the hospital tells TMZ.

We've learned Gary's wife, Shannon, made the decision to pull life support early this AM.

We're told Coleman died at 12:05 PM MST.  He died of a intracranial hemorrhage.

Family members and close friends were at Coleman's side when life support was pulled.

He was 42.

As TMZ first reported, Coleman was rushed to a hospital in Utah after he fell and hurt his head. He was on life support since Thursday.

There will be a press conference at the hospital at 3:00 PM PT.

A rep for Coleman released this statement: "Thanks to everyone for their well wishing and support during this tragic time. Now that Gary has passed, we know he will be missed because of all the love and support shown in the past couple of days. Gary is now at peace and his memory will be kept in the hearts of those who were entertained by him throughout the years."

More Today in TMZ History

MichaelJACKSON

OMG, REST IN PEACE, MR COLEMAN, OUR DEEPEST CONDOLANCES

Sonja

He talked about why he was an ass and so bitter, everything from his parents stealing all his money to the industry turning their back on him.. to people touching him and trying to pick him up even as an adult,add to that all the health issues he has had to deal with, transplants, life long medications, that stuff isn't cheap... he felt ridiculed and cheated in life and it made into a bitter person. Cut the guy some slack.

John

man ...

RIP Gary...

CloBird

May he rest in peace.

sammi

R.I.P. Gary.

Joe Mama

Brett was alomst the same thing, but Gary had a Different Stroke.

Htos1

We'll miss you Gary,far too soon to lose you.

Harry Kunt

Now that he's dead, is there any way I could buy his skull after the service ?

I think I could make it into a great ashtray .

Fibb

Life's to short, & so was Gary...

RIP Little Man......

Josh

I'm dead? what you talkin bout Willis?

dbgrannie

R.I.P Gary I really enjoyed watching you on Different Strokes. Prayers for your friends and family. At least no more pain for you .

Virtual Insanity

Very sad. He had a tough life.

My thoughts are with his wife and family.

DJ

Kind of weird that she pulled the plug that soon... maybe she wanted to get rid of him so she can have all his money and stuff. Weren't they having problems with their marriage too? Sketchy sketchy........

Trevis Miho

Damn. Rest peacefully, Gary. Even though you were in a world where people cut down celebrities nowadays - and you may not've felt appreciated, people WILL see how appreciated you were and are. I remember watchin diff'rent strokes when I was soo young, it's a timeless show. Your cartoon series as well. You were and will ALWAYS be one of a kind..R.I.P.

Murgatroyd

It cannot understand all you people who address your condolences directly to someone who has died. I just heard a piece of authentic new through the grapevine that should make all you bereaved loons feel much better. He's to be buried in a very elegant silk-lined polished mahogany shoe box.