Janet Jackson -- Taking it On the Road

5/28/2010 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ Janet Jackson was so "blown away" by the positive reaction to her appearance on the "American Idol" finale that she's "seriously entertaining" a concert tour ... that could begin before the end of the year.

Janet was amazing on Wednesday's "Idol" -- performing "Again," "Nothing," and "Nasty."  We're told as of today a concert tour is now on the front burner.

Miss Jackson -- who has only toured once since 2002 (and a bulk of that tour was canceled) is also set to appear at the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans on July 2.

SuzyCreamCheese

I don't support any studio created lip syncers!
Would not spend a dime on any of their CRAP, or support anyone from that crazy messed up family!

mike

Her lip sync auto tune "performance" was really weak. It's American Idol, sing it real, or don't bother showing up. That new hair style was horrendous. If you are going to lip sync auto tune, etc. please don't bother to bring a handheld mic and a huge headset contraption to the stage to front..........

Cheryl

What happened to her body? She looks like a stuffed sausage. You could put a glass upright on that butt.

Ziggy

14. Lip Sync, oh yea, I'll pay $200 for that. You Dummies. Did that fat black thing put padding in her butt? That looks disgusting and she thinks it is sexy. Gross!

Posted at 3:31 AM on May 28, 2010 by Sandi

You disgusting, vile, negative, racist, ignorant pig! For you to formulate the thoughts in your head and then have the audacity to publish something this vile on the internet is beyond comprehension. Keep sending out your negative vibes and it will bite you in the *&^*, your karma, soul and heart are rotten to the core!!

CloBird

Good luck to Janet,whatever she chooses.

Miguel

Amazing? Are you kidding me? Isn't it proof enough that she has zero talent as she never sings live and ALWAYS lip syncs. Every other celebrity sang live except Janet on the show. I wouldn't pay 50 cents to see her lip sync her way through a concert. Remember Milli Vanilli?

shadough

I thought she looked like Grace Jones.

Hmmmm

Janet has been one of my fav female performers. Although I'm not crazy about her new do and her getting thick that's her business. Like someone said--she lacked dancing. She reminded me of Britney=just strutting around on stage with no real stellar moves. As long as she gets the dance moves into the routine and sings and not lipsynchs she should go on tour. If she's gonna lipsynch she should stay home.

note4

I like the hair just fine. Many of the singers now are going short. Fashions change from year to year. Ma'am is putting her self out there and doing her best. Go, girl!

Chocolate

ALL YOU HATERS NEED TO GET LIVES or better yet,seek help! This woman has been in the game for over 30 years, selling out concert venues left and right and making millions...please believe she wont be hurting because you don't want to see her in concert! People talking sh*t that couldn't sell out a concert in their basement...move around!

I would definately pay $100 to see her!

Lisa

To bad she lip synced through most of her songs. If you gonna tour sing it for real!

Queen JJ

Let her do a tour and I bet the stadiums will be filled. Some of the same people making hateful comments will be lining up to see the performance. Jealousy, jealousy, jealousy. LOVE you Janet!

boston61

You couldn't even hear her singing on American idol. I alway thought she road her brothers coattails. Her singing needs to be jacked up with studio equipment.

Diana

I used to be a huge Janet fan and I saw her Velvet Rope tour in '98 and her All For You tour in '01 and they were amazing. But the big difference between those tours and now is that she had hit songs/albums during those tours and she hasn't had a hit song since Someone To Call My Lover back in 2001 - almost a decade ago. The reason her 2008 tour flopped was because she has nothing new (good) to offer. She needs to get a hit album and/or song again before she considers touring again, otherwise it will just be another flop.

koots_bc

WOW what a bunch of haters on here today. But I figure those are the ones who would rather pay to see Britney Spears lip sync then to see a real artist at work....go JANET!!!!! go