« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ron Artest -- Los Angeles Hero

5/28/2010 4:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ junkie Ron Artest became an instant hero in Los Angeles last night -- when dude hit a last second shot to clinch a Game 5 Playoff victory for the L.A. Lakers.

0528_ron_artest_TMZ_02

It does not go without notice that Ron was one of the first pro athletes to visit the TMZ newsroom.

In related news, former TMZ Live guest Jared Dudley of the Phoenix Suns played pretty damn well last night too.

The lesson here -- TMZ is the new Kate Hudson.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

bart

Dont forget to mention that he was also the one that missed a shot that he didnt need to take, that allowed the suns to tie the game up....hero, i think not...id call him LUCKY....

Eric in L.A.

I don't get why people spend so much time watch games like basketball. Let me see. You are spending hours a week watching millionaires run around in shorts bouncing a ball and trying to throw it threw a hole. Then listen to their ever word after the game like they really did something important. Explain it to me.

Steve

Its come down to the value of entertainment Eric, such as your perceived value of reading TMZ and commenting on a story, you take the time to ready either because you like it or your feel you get something out of it. A lot of people see value in sports entertainment, others choose to spend their time blogging, perhaps reading online news, or fashion. It's simply a lifestyle choice as to what entertains you. If you do not enjoy sports don't turn on ESPN and if you feel celebrities shouldn't include athletes don't click on stories pertaining to the "non celebrities". Either way we are all entertained by something, enjoy whatever it is you find value in.

truth

HE DID IT FOR QUEENS BRIDGE

Alex

"It does not go without notice that Ron was the first pro athlete to visit the TMZ newsroom. "

Ummm I'm pretty sure Chuck Lidell has been in your newsroom before.

If you don't consider UFC fighters "professional athletes" than you are on glue.

neither of these two sluts

Hero?...Did he cure cancer?........Did he save a life?......Did he save a kitten in a tree?....No the idiot shot a ball into a basket.......Let me know when the idiot does something of value?...Then call him a hero!

dd

Fist Bump! I was beginning to wonder if you were trying to sabotage my team...

Beach

I hope he reads this then. He is a punk, a jerk, a bully. His past proves it. I could care less about him. Frankly, I didn't even think he was still in the NBA. I thought he was jerking off bull frogs with Sprewell. Those 2 clowns are the face of the NBA & why fewer & fewer fans care.

SNIPER

This Laker team is the LUCKIEST team I've ever seen. Artest chucks up some garbage and it's goes in.. Suns in 7.

c

GO RON!! Way to totally redeem yourself :)

showtime

Ron Ron is amazing, a real hardworking guy. Can't wait to watch game 6.

FrankyFrankTank

Yeah, he redeemed himself and the suns made a a play that a non-championship team would make. Ron Artest took advantage and became a hero because it was the most important of the playoffs; so yeah, it still makes him a hero

truth

RESPONDING TO BEACH..YOU ARE WHAT WE ALL CALL A LITTLE OH I AM SORRY A BIG OLE B#$%H. I HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO SEEM TO WANT TO JUDGE EVERYONE BUT I AM SURE YOU ARE THE PERFECT INDIVIDUAL. AND JERKING OFF BULL FROGS WHAT THE HELL IS THAT..YOU DEFINITELY SOUND LIKE YOU ARE A LITTLE LACKING IN THE MAN DEPARTMENT.
SO WHY DON'T YOU SHUT UP AND SUCK A FAT **** or BETTER YET TELL YOUR WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND TO CALL ME?

Stewart

Hero? This guy is a huge jerk.

RahRah

So this idiot shoots a last minute basket and now he's a hero.. people are so fickle... If he missed there's no telling what carnage may have occurred or who he may have attacked.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments