Lindsay Lohan Can Take Meds for Dental Surgery

6/1/2010 9:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It might seem like bad timing -- that Lindsay Lohan was ordered last week to submit to random drug testing, just days before she had her wisdom teeth pulled ... but we've learned Lindsay got a pass from probation.

media_removed_250.jpg

Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, tells TMZ, "We advised the Probation Department of the dental appointment, which was made well in advance of last week's court hearing."  Chapman says she assured the probation officer she would provide "documentation about any medications that Lindsay would be taking, which would be administered or prescribed as part of the procedure."

So whatever sedative Lindsay got in the oral surgeon's office, and whatever she's taking for the pain ... won't count on the drug test.

Linda

Knowing how the lady that is handling this case from the D.A. she will probaly want xrays and proof that this was really needed at this time or was a option to have it done when she felt like having it done. People have wisdom teeth that should be taken out for years, but not causing problems.It will be interesting how this pans out. She probaly planned this ahead of time in case she got probation with drug testing. Addicts will go to any any lenghs for thier pills.She could milk this out for 3 weeks able to use pills. I wonder what will be next. Detox pills to help with withdraws.or zanax for aniexty. I mean she could find alot of reasons to get prescription meds.And as long as a doctor finds it needed what is the court going to do.

sham369

I didn't say any INFORMATION on her smart ass,

anyways really I put that on her head it's two thin ice packs that go on both sides of the area the teeth are removed. Its for people still coming out of recovery because they are unabale to hold the ice packs themselves, so im not an idiot I was there lol

Angelanc

I had my wisdom teeth out at 20 on a Friday, when the pain meds wore off the dentist gave me I took 2 vicodin, feel asleep for about 15 hours straight, woke up took a shower and felt fine and I was back at work Monday. There is no excuse for her to be taking meds longer than 2 days. If you have a dentist who knows what they are doing and experienced makes it a whole lot easier. She could go take a tylenol after that.

mary hull

I'm thinking cosmetic surgery not oral surgery. When did oral surgery have a chin wrap? Hmm? We will know when the bandage comes off!!

Patsy

Ridiculous. Addicts know they cannot have any kind of pain meds when they under go procedures like this. It's common. AND BY THE WAY, when I had my wisdom teeth removed I didn't need any painkillers - boy this is a total ****ing joke, isnt it?

Fuck Celebrities

This is just so much B U L L S H I T.

The probation officers are morons.

What the hell is wrapped around her head? Since when is your whole head wrapped for wisdom tooth removal?

The prosecutor should have her examined by an independent dentist/doctor. There is no way she had any dental work done.

James

Lindsay probably got the surgery so she could use the drugs.

thomas

Hmm...so if she just had the procedure with meds then she shouldn't be driving - I believe that would be called driving under the influence. "under the influence" doesn't just mean alcohol! Good grief - even the warning labels on the meds say "do not drive or operate machinery" while taking this medication. She sure knows how to work the system and give the judge the finger.

Nicole

@71
She isn't driving she is been driven by someone. She lost her license for 3 years as part of her plea deal in 07.

Carissa

okay so a few months back she was photographed with pills in her purse, which she tweeted were trazadone, a sleep medication. And then in an interview she admitted she "used" to have a problem, did cocaine once and went to rehab when she fell asleep on ambien and woke up in the bathroom with the tub overflowing. If she went to rehab for ambien and was taking trazadone, there is no reason to be taking that **** again. And aderall can be replaced with that non narcotic drug. Also, if those are the only two she's taking, it's obvious for getting high as a normal psyhciatrist would use other meds that were non narcotic or addicting to help with these disorders. And btw wtf would a doctor give her a) something that keeps her up when she parties till the morning and b) give something that knocks her out when she obviously doesnt have a sleep problem if she is out all the time. maybe she does but i think its all bull****

Linda

SO WHATS NEXT? MAYBE SOME PRESCRIPTION POT FOR ANIEXTY OR ZANAX. WHAT A JOKE.

Natasha10005

When I had my wisdom teeth out I was about her age and I didn't have one of those ice packs, but my brother had his out and they sent him home with one wrapped around his head. It was one of those thin cold pack things that you put in the freezer for a while. I had dry sockets in three of mine and it was horrible horrible pain.

Linda

And to the person that claims to have been there in her surgery dont you think you going against Hepa offering info about a patient even if its not, its still wrong to say anything about a patient. Its nobody business what the hell she has around her chin and for what reason.And for that reason i think your a fake or wanting to lose your job.

Areader

Lindsay already has the OK to continue to take Adderall and Ambien. Judge Marsha Revel will certainly not be pleased with this addition to her drug chest! The Flying Nun outfit! Lindsay needs help and needs help fast. This is very reminiscent of how Michael Jackson got his drugs, the people in Lindsay's camp need to stop placating her and get her into rehab like yesterday!

AimHi

Could you please stop reporting/photographing LL? She's generally not a great person. She breaks the law repeatedly. She's a drug addict and alcoholic. She's doesn't stand for anything. She lends her voice to no cause or action. She party's. That's it. She's not commendable or admirable. Her looks are gone as well as her talent. She's not fashionable; she looks like she needs a shower. You could be giving someone else space on here. Yet, there's TMZ snapping photos of a waste of human potential. It's not funny or fun. It's beyond pathetic. She contributes nothing to the world of art, film, or entertainment. Enough already. Let her fade away. Please.