« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ron Artest Buys $18,000 in Lakers Tix for Fans

6/3/2010 7:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

With Game 1 of the NBA Finals starting in just a few hours -- TMZ has learned two Los Angeles Lakers fans will be sitting courtside at the Staples Center ... on Ron Artest's dime.

0603_ron_artest_Getty_EX
The two $9,000 tickets were given away this morning in a contest on Power 106 radio in L.A. -- but the winners had no idea that Ron paid for them out of his own pocket.

We called Ron to find out why he shelled out for the seats and he told us, "Most of my fans can't afford the ticket prices to come to any of the games, let alone the Finals.  I wanted to treat a fan to something they would normally never have access to, so they could feel like one of the stars for the night."

Ron added, "I feel like just a regular person at the end of the day, and I wanted to be able to share my first Finals experience with one of my regular fans."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Shag

Beautiful Ron, I am happy for you. You've come a long way.

Wanda

don,t be to careless with the money , !!!!
even though it annual ...rain days alway lay ahead...think smart
you are a wonderfull guy !
and surely all will be given double fold back to you !!

Joey C.

What were Ernie Grunfeld & Dave Checketts thinking??? I am a die-hard Knicks fan and I am STILL bitter!!!! A non-shot blocking Frenchman???? Christ!

Luv Artest!!! He's got a little bit of Tyson in him... makes me luv 'em even more!!! Congrats to him on his Ring!!!

Alejandro De La Luz

DAMN, DUDE .. RON,RON,RON YOU ARE ALWAYS MY FAVORITE STAR FOR THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS... YOU ALWAYS BEEN MY FAVORITE STAR SINCE LEAVING BULLS,PACERS,KINGS,ROCKETS, AND NOW YOUR AT MY HOMETOWN LAKERS... I'LL WOULD REALLY LIKE TO MEET YOU RON. ARTEST.

john a bauer

I hope the Lakers beat the Boston Wimptics again this year!!!!!!!

Leo V

Im a clipper fan. But, I like the fact that a NBA player cares enough for there fans and community to hook up people with free tickets. It's a blessing and he will be blessed in return. Cause the bible say's to give with a open heart and the lord will bless you. Nice going Ron.. God Bless

leroy

brian you are a fool. tks ron, more of the players should pay attention to your kind heart. stay focus my brother.

Amyb3312

Oh I am hoping to win

Amyb3312

Ron is it too late to win?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5