Belinda Carlisle

Good Genes

or Good Docs?

6/5/2010 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Belinda Carlisle has got the beat.

0604_Belinda_Carlisle_85231567_101582141_v2

Here's the 26-year-old Go-Go's lead singer back in 1985 (left) -- and 25 years later, the 51-year-old at an event in NYC on Wednesday (right).

As far as her secret, our lips are sealed.

Carl

How about a "Bad Docs" option?

Alex D

My goodness! My maid is 59, white and stringy hair as well and she looks a lot younger than Belinda, who looks like has taken too many pills, joints, lines, et al.

SebastianCanada

Carlisle was a healthy weight when she was younger. That may have something to do with it.

lisamorunning

How about neither. She looks terrible for 51! May I reccomend a good moisturizer???!!!

M

Anyone notice that with men "good genes" always get the most votes. And with women it's always "good docs"

Ellen

I second the request for a "bad docs" option.

erina

How about, she looks... about 55 or so and it ain't good anything. Meh...

Woot

Well, I'd say she looks ok for her age, but her mouth's very obviously been "done".

One of the many universal changes that takes place in all humans as they age is the thinning of the lips (noses and ear lobes tend to get larger - ugh!), so it's no wonder so many attempt to regain some semblance of youth by utilizing either injections or implants, neither of which look in the least bit natural.

All this surgery's making me think of its recipients as the new millennium's version of Stepford Wives. Yet instead of all of them *acting* alike, they all sort of look alike.... as though they're missing a gene that gives them their facial individuality.

Hmm... sort of like Down Syndrome.

Back2TheFutureFan

Completely agree with polarbear (very exquisite analysis and description of Belinda's solo albums and singles). While there is no refuting the fact that Belinda has aged, no one can question her accomplishments and talents as a singer, both in the GoGos and as a solo artist (Diana Ross and Phil Collins are two who also come to mind). She was actually out of the spotlight for many years, raising her family in France, and has always seemed like a very down-to-earth and approachable person, unlike many of her peers. Would rather see a woman age gracefully AND honestly than be an absolute synthetic and homogenized version of her former self. God Bless you and yours, Belinda.

Cartman

I had a thing for her back in the day. I'd still hit it.

Sam

Considering she's been snorting cocaine by the mogul for 30 years,I think she looks pretty damned great.

robert

Belinda Carlisle 51 WoW she looks good for her age an what she use to get into the drugs ect I think she aged well. To weather she had a little work done I dont think so an if she had any done she looks good for her age. Keep rocking Belinda Love from Australia

neumann103

Get real. Belinda had her first major face lift/ eye lift before her 30th birthday and her second major overhaul around 36 or 37.

I have always considered her one of the cautionary tales of starting major cosmetic surgery too early. see Melanie Griffith

SOFTLIPS

I third, fourth and fifth the "bad docs" option. Also, grant your readers their fondest desire and give us the "neither" option on "who'd you rather." I'd vote more often, that's for sure.

E

TMZ, you are showing the wrong picture. Belinda had started all her face work by then. You need a picture from around 1979-1981; then you'll see the difference.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments