« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Golden Tate Blames 'Irresistible' Maple Bars

6/8/2010 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Seattle Seahawks star who was busted inside a donut shop this weekend claims he was done in by the aroma of the "irresistible" maple bars.

Golden Tate just addressed the media after practice in Seattle, where he explained to reporters why cops gave him a "trespass warning" for breaking into a Top Pot at 3 AM Saturday morning.

"A buddy made the mistake of going in, grabbing a couple ... We ate them. Nothing much to the story other than that."

Afterward, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll told the Seattle Times, "[Golden] is most remorseful about it and all that ... I do understand the allure of the maple bars."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Bill

Hey Tmz, you left out the part that Golden Tate actually lives in the same building as the Top Pot donut cafe. It's not like he was out driving and decided to break into some random place at 3 am.

yeah, I'm way out of line.

Nice to see there's one justice system for celebrities and everyday people alike.

ErinAndrewsIsAFameWhore

How much did Top Pot pay TMZ for this advertising/publicity? My guess is not as much as TLC does/did for John and Kate pub, nor as much as MTV does for Jersey Shore pub, nor as much as Bravo does for Real Houswives pub. Still, a good chunk of change was exhanged.

Bill

Hey TMZ, you left out the part that Golden Tate actually lives in the same building as the Top Pot donut cafe. It's not like he was out driving and decided to break into some random place at 3 am.

Mary Ann

Isn't that called burglery? Should he be arrested for breaking and entering? I know if I did that, I would be sent to the klinker.

Why is he above the law?

CGS

Hey Bill, It makes no difference where it is, you break into someone's property, it's a crime. He ain't in middle school. Stupid! If I was the owner I would press charges. He plays football, who cares! Do the crime, do the time!

I live in the same building as my neighbors, I should be able to break in and take what I like. Makes sense, right!!

beachkid

Maple bars are to die for. LOL.

John Gosselin

I hope I dont get diahreah. Those maple bars were good but man I have stomach cramps now

Throwback kid

I would like to see Golden Tate hook up with Kim Kardashian. He may be just what she needs and fits her list. He is young, black, rich and has a high profile job in the NFL. I realize no one will ever mistake Golden for a male model but hey! he's better than Ray J. But than again, a bag of crap is better than Ray J!

misfit

Go Seahawks!

Horndog

Noted American philosopher Homer Simpson summed it up best: "Donuts - is there anything they can't do?"

Shaydie

Whatever. Only donuts to eat when you're in Seattle are Mighty-Os!

NoBreederRat

I've had those donuts and trust me folks, they don't need to advertise. Totally worth stealing. Other Seattle food with many celebrity fans: Atlantic Street Pizza.

CAM

Come on people... this is obviously a joke. Its a marketing ploy to draw attention to the donut shop. That same shop just signed a huge deal with the Seahawks, the team Tate plays for. Calm down and laugh a little!!

James Ison

It's a publicity stunt. Top Rot is going to sell their nasty stale doughnuts at the seahawks stadium. Seriously do you really want doughnuts from a place that leaves them out all night for someone to steal? YUCK.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments