Simon Monjack's Secret -- Kids

6/13/2010 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ...a laptop computer has unearthed a secret Simon Monjack carried to his death -- he had two kids.

0524_simon_monjack_EX_Getty_01
Simon's mom, brother and therapist stayed at Simon's home last week with Brittany Murphy's mom, Sharon Murphy.  We're told when they left they took Simon's laptop.

At some point they went through the computer and found emails from two women who wanted money from Simon for child support.  According to people who have reviewed the emails, Simon had a son by one baby mama and a daughter by another.

Also in the computer ... wire transfers of large amounts of money -- as much as $48,000 in a single transfer.  Simon was sending the money to lawyers, as well as someone in Europe for some sort of settlement.

We're told Simon's mom and brother felt the coroner should have the computer and handed it over.  The coroner's office is currently reviewing the contents.

Sharon went ballistic and filed a theft report with cops.

TypicalGirl

Who cares???
Let this man rest in peace.

PNWChick

Yeah, screw that guy. He wasn't famous and who freakin' cares.
Ok that said- wow that interesting. How secret were these kids? Did the Brittany know? TMZ you make me ashamed of myself LOL

NoBreederRat

People who care about Brittany care. I hope he doesn't rest in peace. He was a low-life drug dealing con-artist who apparently didn't pay child support.

PNWChick

"People who care about Brittany" most likely could give a sh-t about TMZ.

JLS

Why try so hard to trash either Brittany or Simon? They are dead and cannot tell their side of any story. I think this is shameful. This was a tragic ending to a very loving couple. Thanks for the scruples, TMZ.

samper

Sharon is all p.o.'d because if Monjack has legitimate heirs, it cuts into her death profit from that household. Otherwise, she would have no problem with Monjack's family turning over the laptop.

christy

it makes me wonder did the family not even know about these kids and were they shocked to find out and that is why they took the laptop and why was a therapist involved unless maybe they think he took his own life and all this is tied into it. They wouldnt need it for proof if they knew the kids existed. It almost sounds to me that they didnt even know about them and that is really weird and shady if they didnt. Also why is she going to charge burglary for his brother taking the laptop? It was his brother and I am sure he needed to get financial information and things like that that could possibly be on there. he is more entitled to it then she would be.

mjfan212

:O waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

aquanet

I still say something isn't sitting right about the relationship between Murphy's mother and Simon.

All of Murphy's estate went to her mother according to her will, so I don't think its money she is worried about. I think she's pissed because she didn't know about it either. She's a bit too involved in this guy's life. He was married to her daughter who died months ago, why were they living together at the time of his death? At one point wasn't it reported that they were wanting to move to NYC? There are no grand children involved- why are they still hanging out? Something isn't right.....

Barb

I gotta say that the only thing in common with both these deaths is Sharon. Maybe the coroner should look a little closer at BOTH their deaths.

ralph

Was Brittany aware of the child support demands prior to her accidental death?

delia

His family have a right to know about his children. These kids are their family. They may want to establish relationships with them and make sure they are taken care of.

Anthony

jian when I see ads in these threads I don't get interested in buying stuff. I get disgusted with you. Moreso then I normally am disgusted for reading the crap on this website.

Bev

I agree with #10

racy

thats what i said the first day the mom found them both in the same house same room shes a killer and just after momey besides why was she living with them ou figure her son in law would not want to live with her

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments