'Buffy' Star -- No Jail for Alleged Cop Attack

6/20/2010 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" star Nicholas Brendon won't be spending any time behind bars for an  alleged attack on two cops back in March ... that is, as long as he doesn't do anything stupid for the next three years.

0618_chris_brendon_EX_getty_01_wide
The L.A. City Attorney's Office tells TMZ Brendon pled no contest to four misdemeanors on Friday -- one count resisting arrest, two counts of battery against a police officer and one count of vandalism.

We're told the commissioner sentenced Brendon to 36 months probation and gave him a one year suspended sentence in county jail -- meaning he won't serve time as long as he doesn't violate the terms of his probation.

Brendon must also complete 10 days in a Caltrans work program and complete an anger management course. Brendon is also not allowed to drink in public while he's on probation.

As we first reported, Brendon allegedly threw punches at police officers in Venice, CA on March 17 and then took off on foot. He was eventually tasered twice before he was taken into custody.

j.d. wykid

throwing punches at a cop and all he gets is probation?!

I WANT HIS LAWYERS PHONE NUMBER!!!!!!!!!

Schmange

Yay Xander.

Greg

Willow must have been working some of her hoodoo witchery to keep Xander out of jail. If I'd have done what he did they'd still be tazing me.

Tazing? Tasering? I guess I'll stick with "tazing" until the grammar cops say otherwise.

Tard

I allegedly threw up 10 seconds ago and swallowed it back again. It is very easy to allege things.

bizzibilowski@yahoo.com

To bad the police wasnt rhianna he might've gottin a stiffer sentence.

Change 2010

He should do a public service announcement paid for by himself on why He's learned to respect police officers.
A little humility for Mr TV Star might get him to examine his motives .

NickSunset

The Meth Pipe will be waiting for you when you get Brendon just where you left it. Look bud you can't act try another career you will be much happier.

emerald

Hell this prat's doing less time than Charlie Sheen - who the hell resists after you've been tazed?! A nutter, of drug fuelled nutter lol!!

Diandra

He is an excellent actor. I'm glad they didn't send him to jail. I hope he gets a new tv series.

Lia

Bad things happen to good actors. He still looks HOT!

andrew bonagurio

**** HIM!! ****** LOVER

David Hall

These cops are always making things up. I do not believe what they say about Nicholas. The cops are just facists who love to beat up on innocent members of the public.

JoyLeaf

I only believe a cops version of events when I see video proof. And that video should not have been in the cops control at any point before I really believe it. Resiting and assault charges against the cops have too often been proved false. The Blue cover for the Blue.

Ali

Nicholas Brendon has had drug & alcohol issues in the past including a few rehab stays in May 2010 and 2005. It's a disease constantly fought thru life and just because he was "Xander" on Buffy does not mean he's exempt from having this disease. It might be better to be a supportive fan then judge him just because he spent 7 seasons on a TV show!