Katherine Jackson: Michael's Kids Have No Friends

6/20/2010 3:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0620_katherine_jackson_bookKatherine Jackson says Michael Jackson's kids are isolated and miss their father desperately ... this according to her first interview since MJ's death.

Katherine tells the Daily Mirror, "They don't have any friends. They don't go to school, they have private lessons at home -- but that will change in September, when they are due to enroll at private college."

According to the interview, the kids spend hours listening to their dad's music.

She says Paris has turned her bedroom into a shrine to her "Daddy" and that Prince and Blanket talk often about trying to make him proud.

Katherine says she wanted to decorate Paris' room with pictures of flowers or ballerinas -- but "Paris went into a closet and she brought out seven or eight pictures of Michael, and she told me, 'No, I want daddy hanging in my room'. So she goes to bed looking at him and wakes up looking at him. She said, 'I always want to be able to see him.'"

Michael's mom goes on to say Paris is the most musically-inclined of the three and that Prince wants to produce movies.

This new interview comes days before the anniversary of Michael's death ... and in conjunction with a new book Katherine is selling (pictured above) containing pictures and Katherine's memories of Michael.

She says, "Michael was so misunderstood ... I treasure my memories of him and wanted to share them with his fans in my book. I remember when he brought gifts for me -- a watch, a necklace and a ring. I'll never forget how he smiled when I opened each one. He was so generous. I want the world to know that real Michael Jackson -- a loving person."

Daphne

301. Did everyone see this great article written by the Associated Press (it's running in the Washington Post)...a timeline of Michael's last day?

Posted at 6:17 PM on Jun 20, 2010 by danger baby

Where's the Washington Post link? Please post it again. Thanks.

Tellit

Yeah...I know Missy....but not just one about her son Michael Jackson....who kept her fed, clothed, housed,..etc. etc. to the tune of 100s of millions....for over 25 years.

Tellit

There is no such thing as enough money for Katherine and Joe Jackson.
All the 100s of millions they sucked out of their son....and they had to cry to the court in July that all they had was their SS checks.
I really cried a river for them.....as I'm sure the rest of the world did.

Daphne

265. King=ric

Posted at 5:22 PM on Jun 20, 2010 by Chico

This is before my time. I have no idea as to who was who. Hmmmmmm, is this good English. LOL.

Daphne

Posted at 6:19 PM on Jun 20, 2010 by danger baby

This link doesn't work. I tried it already. Washington Post said the page has been removed. LOL.

jenny

Idiot. These children did not need a home. They were not in an orphanage somewhere waiting for someone to adopt them. He created them for his self hating pleasures. Had them genetically engineered. Madonna, Nichole Kidman, Angelina, none of them did that. None of them claimed to be the bio parent of the kids they adopted. Michael Jackson was a cold liar. Those are NOT his real children, any way you slice it. He didn't want black children.

Posted at 8:00 PM on Jun 20, 2010 by annie

Ah idiot right back at ya. Guess you can't comprehend or read right. My comment was in response to your arrogance and ignorance, NOT about Michael Jackson. Wake up, people use surrogates every day, test tubes..yes, what ever means they can to have a child. Who cares, it's their business. Single, straight, red, yellow, black, white, married, people use surrogates and all other means to have children. And, when they have these children...they are their children. Those were HIS children, period. He raised them since birth. PERIOD!

Grow up! Talk and spew your nasty trash garbage about someone else.

jenny

OH, let it just end. Just turned on TLC, turned it right off! Can't stomach this BS now about his children. These lame ass people don't know. Any for any 'friend' of MJ's to go on a program and talk about his children, was NO friend of his. Bunch of tabloid BS.

Yes, now they, the media, are going to try and ruin his kids. They ruined his life. What more can he give.

denise

a ser objeto de caza y se destruyen como MICHAEL, siempre preguntar a Dios por qué Michael tenía que nacer en este país está lleno de odio
racista lo que hicieron con Michael era un juego sin piedad y la malicia de las comunicaciones significa falso que ustedes son una vergüenza para el mundo había
un artista con Michael y mata hipogritas hipogritas hipogritas ridículo
Justicia para Michael

Moonflower

Those poor babies. May God grant them their grandmother as long as possible to help them through their grief. When I lost my dad, the first year was tough.

Deb

I haven't been here in a while and I see it's the same sh/t different day.

FPIC: I don't know why you are so angry at me or why you say I am OhWell or Trish. You know me from way back, I am just Deb. As for why you are mad at me I don't know; I don't recall us ever getting into an argument so I really am at a loss.

For the rest of you who say you don't care but hang on every word: Yes, our moving plans have changed and I am currently packing to move to Utah. Long story, none of your business. Now you can stop accusing OhWell of being "busted out" or caught in a lie. All of this could be a lie since it IS the Internet but it's not so back off.

You may now return to your usual fighting in progress....

dgh629

Since when do children their age go to college?

Andie

The reason (imho) why the Jacksons are going to the UK tabloids, is because they usually pay the highest price for stories.
Also the Daily Mirror has the story of Katherine as an exclusive on their website. The Daily mail has a similar story but not as an exclusive.

Both articles have the same wording at the bottom that if you quote MJUK you can get a 35% discount on the book. So has Katherine been selling stories to more than one paper or is it just to promote the book?

Andie

Just wanted to add that to get the discount thru the Daily Mirror you had to quote MJMirror. The MJUK was just for the Daily Mail

aston

@ annie:

Did it ever occur to you that the origin of MJ's children is none of your business? You don't own Michael Jackson, and he doesn't owe it to anyone except his children to tell exactly how they came into this world. It doesn't matter what Angelina Jolie or anyone else did.

I wish - for HIS sake - that he'd been less mysterious about a few things, like his vitiligo. If he had told everyone from the outset about the disease, it would have saved him so much agony, since many didn't know it exists and now drew their own incorrect conclusions. Then the discussion would have been about what it's like to be black and get vitiligo, not about him "wanting to be white". But by no means do we have any RIGHT to know anything. He was an entertainer and we should be grateful for his music - period. Everyhting else was private.

MJ children, if you read this - since you now have computers - please just disregard all the immature and cruel comments you find here and there on this board. The people who write them are not feeling well themselves, they don't feel good about themselves, and so they take it out on others. Just forget those comments and remember there are sane and nice people out there who wish you the best, who will respect your privacy and who don't believe everything they read in media.