Katherine Jackson: Michael's Kids Have No Friends

6/20/2010 3:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0620_katherine_jackson_bookKatherine Jackson says Michael Jackson's kids are isolated and miss their father desperately ... this according to her first interview since MJ's death.

Katherine tells the Daily Mirror, "They don't have any friends. They don't go to school, they have private lessons at home -- but that will change in September, when they are due to enroll at private college."

According to the interview, the kids spend hours listening to their dad's music.

She says Paris has turned her bedroom into a shrine to her "Daddy" and that Prince and Blanket talk often about trying to make him proud.

Katherine says she wanted to decorate Paris' room with pictures of flowers or ballerinas -- but "Paris went into a closet and she brought out seven or eight pictures of Michael, and she told me, 'No, I want daddy hanging in my room'. So she goes to bed looking at him and wakes up looking at him. She said, 'I always want to be able to see him.'"

Michael's mom goes on to say Paris is the most musically-inclined of the three and that Prince wants to produce movies.

This new interview comes days before the anniversary of Michael's death ... and in conjunction with a new book Katherine is selling (pictured above) containing pictures and Katherine's memories of Michael.

She says, "Michael was so misunderstood ... I treasure my memories of him and wanted to share them with his fans in my book. I remember when he brought gifts for me -- a watch, a necklace and a ring. I'll never forget how he smiled when I opened each one. He was so generous. I want the world to know that real Michael Jackson -- a loving person."

Stacy

jenny

120. #124,they are not,get facts...I don't think Katherine gave this "interview" the daily mirror is a tabloid just like tmz!Tabloids always twist their stories!

Posted at 11:53 AM on Jun 20, 2010 by Missy

I doubt she did either. Regardless, I hope she gives any profits to charity. She doesn't need the money. Mike took care of her her entire life and STILL is. He bought her a home and paid for everything. She's getting what like $100K a month for herself and the children. I hope she gives any money from the book to charity. That would make Mike proud and make it not seem like she too is exploiting him in death, IMO. To continue Mike's charitable contributions. After all, he gave more to charity than any OTHER celebrity.

Mike

jenny

124. Did they have "friends" before MJ died? Give the kid a poster size picture of her "Daddy" hanging her "brother" over the blacony. Weren't they isolated & sheltered since they were hatched or conveived or whatever. They were pretty much hidden until the "family" chose to put them display no doubt to ca$h in some way. Th way MJ & rest of the Jackson 5, & Janet (Wardrobe Failure) & LaToya Jackson turned out, these poor kids probably don't stand a chance. The will forever be recognized as recognized & known as "MJ's kids". Beside in order for them to ever get the therapy that they need would mean money would have to be spent not made from them. Pathetic...

Posted at 12:00 PM on Jun 20, 2010 by Stacy

What a lovely comment written by you, yes...pathetic indeed. Who are YOU to judge anyone, huh?

How they turned out...ah, I don't know...Michael Jackson became the biggest entertainer on the frickin entire planet, sold more albums than anyone on the planet. Also, HE gave more money to charity than any other entertainer, ever! Janet Jackson herself is worth Millions and Millions. How much you got tucked away in your little savings account? These people, who are human beings, worked since they were children (as awful as it was), they frickin' worked and worked and worked and achieved success beyond most! Michael Jackson has been working since he was 5 years old.

So, I'd say he didn't do too badly. How about you, what have you achieved in your entire 'pathetic' life?

jenny

126. Well according to the Jacksons, the kids are really black. Maybe they got ahold of that skin bleach that LAPD found in Jackson's bedroom drawer.

Posted at 12:07 PM on Jun 20, 2010 by Mike

What a disgusting thing to write. What, are you like a 12 year child?

The so called 'bleach' in Jackson's house was indeed used for vitiligo treatments. Read some facts.

What a horrible thing to write, did this give you joy today to go on some tabloid website to spew out nasty stuff about a dead person whom you know NOTHING about? Huh...does it? Shame on you!

Mike

No a disgusting thing is how Jackson raised these children completely isolated from reality and how Mama Pimp Jackson is making that Ca$h money off of them.

Marie

122. Just more proof that Michael Jackson was a horrible father. The only difference between him and Joe was that Michael didn't beat his kids up. Good luck raising those poor children with the damage that has been inflicted on them by that horrible family.
Posted at 11:44 AM on Jun 20, 2010 by Mike

If Michael Jackson was such a horrible father then why do his three kids love him so much and think about him everyday and want to make him proud by earning good grades in school? Why did Paris say at the memorial that daddy Michael was the best father you could ever imagine.Why? Because he was a better father to his kids than your father is to you.

Hugh Jass

to magnolia (post #5):
I'm not all that impressed either.
Even "Deputy Dan has no friends." (from the FireSign Theater's "LASO Child's Coloring Book" sketch)

Ginger

I still say there is something creepy about the little girl constantly whining "I love you, Daddy" like a mantra. It sounds to me like she figured out early in life the way to please daddy is to constantly say "I love you, Daddy." The pictures of the kids since Michael died show what looks like happy kids - a far cry from the tiny little ones covered in scarves huddling together.

jenny

I would have loved Michael Jackson to have been my father, these kids traveled all over the world, saw every country, continent, experienced joy and entitlement that most will never. They adored him and he them. Nothing more needs to be said. He covered up their faces while in public, SO would I. OMG, look how the media devours everything about him. Freaks out there!

I believe MJ was an incredible dad! Ah, most high profile kids are shielded, you think Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are going to send their kids off to some 'public' school. You think all the kids of presidents or anyone else who has affluence or a high profile ISN'T shielded from the raving mad public.

Get a clue!

KimberlyJean

Happy Fathers Day to all the daddys!

Have you hugged your father today?

It's all about L.O.V.E.

Love you Michael.

I know you love me more.

Kimberly

JLS

We know who Michael was and is, Katherine. He was kind and loving because of what you taught him. In deep contrast are the posters here who didn't have that kind of mother. They were taught to hate and judge people just by what they are simply accused of---not CONVICTED OF. They love to me cruel and mean unlike your son.

Thank you for all you do in his memory and for the kids. You are greatly loved by all of us.

Mike

You didn't know Jackson personally so you are not fit to say he was a good father. So far, the facts would say he wasn't a good father. He was a drug addict, weirdo and detached from reality. Now his kids are going to pay a price that no amount of money could ever cover. The best I can say about Jackson is that he was a very mentally ill person and maybe didn't know better. Katherine Jackson is as much of a sleazebag as the rest of the family.

Siggisis

That is all heart wrenching. I am very excited about Katherine´s book, and of course I will buy it.
I think it must have been a part of Katherine´s mourning - and hopefully healing process to make that book, and I am very thankful that she wants to share. It is a wonderful idea.
I hope the children heal well and get a lot of friends. I really, really do. They deserve that.

I just came from a dance school final show (don´t know what you call that. More than a "dance school", it is the end of term and the "kids" are educated dancers.) There were two dances with Michael Jackson music! They were the best and got the most applause. I was so happy!