Reality Star Ruby -- Hiking Her Ass Off

6/22/2010 4:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Style Network's weight loss superstar Ruby Gettinger just conquered one of the most punishing mountains in L.A. ... on a scorching hot day ... not bad for someone who could barely walk for 5 mins in 2008.

0622_gettinger_tmz_video

Yesterday, a slimmer, trimmer Ruby -- who once weighed in at 750 pounds -- impressively hiked her way up to the top of Runyon Canyon ... where the reality star dished up some awesome advice on keeping the weight off.

electriczipper

WHAT YOU DONT SEE IN THIS PICTURE IS THE KING FROM BURGER KING DRAGGING A DOUBLE WHOPPER IN FRONT OF HER ALL THE WAY UP THE MOUNTAIN,

J

Go Ruby! Love ya darlin!

Love Star Wars

RUBY: You look thinner. Nice job!

go home!

Awww Ruby!! You look amazing!! Keep it up!! I can't wait for your show to come back. I'm so glad you are feeling good and looking spicy lady!! xoxo

shane

good job ruby....hope you meet all your goals and more keep it up

nikstar01

Way to go, Ruby. I love watching you on the show. You are truly an inspiration to many people! I agree with the post that Style network needs to give her a complete makeover and a new wardrobe! She deserves it. She has basically lost 2 bodies. I can't believe that she was 750lbs.
GO RUBY! EFF THE HATERS ON HERE ~~~
TMZ should definitely post more positive articles like this one!

ro

Good for her for losing the weight. But her show is crap. To me she's not likeable (the victim act is repulsive)and cannot carry a show.

I think it's hilarious the one commenter who said: Good for her! She serves as a great inspiration to everyone. However, the fat ass cellar dwellers are sure to say snippy, nasty remarks. They should know that there is nothing attractive or intelligent about envy

By your logic that would make you envious of "the fat ass cellar dwellers". What a hippocrite.

T.

#22

To some she could be seen as the victim but what I think you are missing is that she is becoming an example for other obese people. She is proving it can be done. She is losing weight the RIGHT way and seeking mental help to over come the issues at the root of her problems.

jmk

She has really grown on me. She's not a reality show famewhore, she's really amazing. And I love hearing about her. Finally, someone is telling a good story about a real person.

rachel

Good for her! She is beautiful inside and out, and an inspiration to not just those who are overweight but to those of us who have to overcome major obstacles in our lives.

Ana

I have nothing but respect and admiration for this woman !! I will never make fun of anyone who is overweight, and is trying their hardest to lose it- and succeeding ! They do not deserve ridicule.

So nix all the juvenile fat jokes, ok ? It just makes you people look mean-spirited and stupid. Oh, and btw, she is doing it the RIGHT way, with behavioral modification and good old fashioned exercise. That's the best way. She has earned every success so far.

keepinitrealincali

I think she gave the best advice: You got to get into the head and deal with those issues first to be successful with losing weight for the long-term. That's probably the hardest thing for most people to deal with. She looks great! I wish you the best of luck, Ruby, with your continuing journey. :)

Katie

I love Ruby...I think she's so genuine and such an inspiration for anyone trying to become more healthy. Go Ruby!

Irene

Good for you, Ruby - Don't know how you do it in the heat...I don't have the weight problem and I would melt. Keep up the good work.

HeyHeyHey

I think she is a great role model in regards to losing weight the natural way. Everyone in America now is so quick to just turn to some type of drug or surgery. BUT the way she talks turned me off from the show. Instead of saying "excited" she says "assisted" "I'M SO ASSITED YALL!" Ughhh. Its like she has her own vocabulary for certain words and it gets annoying.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments