« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Banner Pilot:

I Was Grounded

by the FBI

6/23/2010 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The pilot who flew the "Tiger: Are You My Daddy?" banner over the US Open golf tournament last weekend was supposed to make a second run -- but dude claims the FBI shut down the flight.

0622_fbi_tiger_banner_EX_getty
TMZ obtained the post-flight report filed with the sky banner company, in which the pilot states that while en route to fly sign #2 -- which read, "Happy Father's Day Tiger LOL" -- he was contacted by a tower controller with a message from the FBI.

According to the pilot, the FBI had "strongly urged" him to "depart the area" over the golf course as soon as possible ... and, of course, the pilot obliged.

We spoke to the owner of the company hired to fly the planes – who told us he is looking into the incident and has no idea why the FBI would intervene on such a matter.  We also spoke to the FAA – who tells us the FBI would only intervene if “criminal activity” was suspected.

As for the FBI, we called them for comment as well -- but we're still waiting to hear back. Apparently they have bigger things to worry about.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

HeyHeyHey

I am so bored with anything Tiger Woods. I can't believe people are still talking about him considering thats pretty much the only thing people talked about for months. He is just another athlete who cheated on his wife. Doesn't that describe the whole NBA? Zzzzzzzz

TMZgossip

"TMZ Exclusive"

wanna know why it is a TMZ exclusive?

easy, because TMZ is the one that is hiring the guy to fly the banners.

the whole thing is a typical TMZ demonization attempt

booorrrrrrrrrringggggggggggggggg

Flower

#19....I didn't say retract anything; I said work on it. Again, reading comprehension will help. You have no clue WHO hired that plane and cannot, with any authority, state their racial status. Show you one minority person who would continue harping on Tiger Woods? *Me* I think he's an ass, and I have to laugh everytime he gets rattled by catcalls.
Racism, even yours, is unattractive.

ZR

Once a POS always a POS ....nothing else to say.

To Anthony the jackass : yes Tiger is ugly ugly ugly ugly as hell and nothing in this world would change that.
BTW do you carry a picture of him with you ? Maybe you have his face in your toilets or on your ceiling ? Do you dream of a golden shower?
You are beyond pathetic ....

justsaying

We were all sitting in my game room looking at Tiger play his final amateur game. After he won we were all talking about his victory and what life had in store for him. One of my friends said that Tiger would change the game of golf and become as big as Nicholas, but that he would be brought down by the time he turns 35. I asked him how that could happen. He said three words. A white woman. Because he is white himself we were all taken aback by his statement. I called him up after Tiger became accused of having an affair on his wife and asked him if he remembered his statement. His response was since I love betting, he regrets not betting me on it. I don't think I would have taken the bet.

Jamie

Psst...TMZ, just because spell check is on does not mean you shouldn't recheck your work. "As for the FBI, we called them for comment as well -- but we're still waiting to here back."

KennyB

you people are sooo stupid. do you really think tiger's people called the airport tower and stated "we are the fbi tell that plane to land asap?" dear god your stupid. it was the fbi usurping their authority. whoever paid for the banners needs to file a complaint with the fbi in DC. also they could write to the US senators in the state and demand a federal investigation. i was starting to feel sorry for tiger woods until his people stepped in and requested the fbi break the law for tiger and order the plane grounded. tiger woods is no better than anyone else and the fibbies would not have made that call for anyone else. we should all file requests for an investigation. **** tiger i think i'll pay for the next plane banner just to show tiger he is no better than anyone else.......

Anthony

Flower: Stop lying, you POS. You are not a minority. You are not black or latino.( Now I suppose you will tell me you are asian. That is your next lie huh) Do you really think anuyone black or latino is behind this so called stunt? If so, I have a bridge to sell you.

Do we know for sure? No but the chances that a balck or latino would waste the time and money to mock a man about his private business is miniscule. This is the province of small minded white with too much money and lithle self esteem.

STFU.

ZR: Still the PSYCHO. Still wondering when TW screwed you? LOL

Elle

C'mon TMZ - here vs. hear. Get it together.

Swinson

The FBI did call this out as there was a spotter helicopter in the area trailing known drug dealers. It actually had nothing to do with the golf tournament or the message on the banners but was just to clear the airspace for an FBI helicopter.

Anthony

Flower: a stupid moniker, probably used by a white girl who thinks she is being clever.

Let me explain to you the difference between racism and bigotry. You seem to confuse the two. Racism , as defined by Websters, is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and characteristics and racial differences produce an inherant superiority of a particular race. You see racism is a tool used a numerically dominant racial group to impose their set of racial beliefs. Bigotry is defined as the state of mind of a bigot, one who is intolerantly and stubbornly devoted to his own opinions and prejudices. Get the differnce, you POS model of reading comprehension? Racism is a tool used a numerically dominat racial group to impose their racial beliefs. Now in the history of this great land of ours, who has had this power? Hint, it aint the blacks, latins or asians. It has been WHITES.

Get it. *******? LMAO

I so enjoyed our little talk. But then again as a" minority" , you would have known this difference, right? !! LOL

hotbitch

Seriously, anyone who takes the time and money to fly this banner needs to get a ****ing life. They're only doing it because he's black in a white man's sport. He was never really welcome in the first place. People like Fuzzy Zoeller are happy as pigs in mud right now.

Wow @ 2:39 a.m. got it right----some of you are acting like you are personally offended by Tiger's actions. Unless that is your husband then you really shouldn't care. It's not that serious. But calling him a sociopath is just laughable. Really?????? Yeah, that would be Joran van der Sloot.

Uh

No comment from the FBI? The audacity of them. Don't they know who TMZ is? hahahahahhha.

Tango

The government is using TAX DOLLARS to lean on it's citizens for a sense of humor - for a celebrity with no morals.
God Bless America. !!
This needs to be investigated. If in fact the FBI suggested the plane/banner not take to the sky- they need to be ready to publicly defend their actions - and then ensure the same amount of "security" for all citizens of the United States.
"He called me fat, I feel harassed, I want the FBI to investigate." - Like that would ever happen for the regular Joe.

KellyR