Joe Jackson's Wrongful Death Lawsuit

6/25/2010 7:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: The wrongful death lawsuit has been stamped by the federal clerk.

TMZ has obtained Joe Jackson's wrongful death lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray that Joe's lawyer, Brian Oxman, will file today -- Joe asks for unspecified damages in connection with the death of Michael Jackson.  And, the lawsuit lists Katherine Jackson and Michael's three kids as "nominal" plaintiffs.

0625_joe_jackson_doc_launch_EX

The lawsuit does not name AEG, though Oxman has alleged the company that produced "This Is It" was at least partly responsible for Jackson's death.

Oxman does not explain what he means when he lists Katherine and MJ's kids as "nominal" plaintiffs.  He clearly does not have authority to sue on behalf of the children.

According to the suit, "Mr. Jackson believes there are other parties responsible for Michael Jackson's death but has not yet gathered sufficient information regarding their potential liability or responsibility."  The suit says the complaint will be amended when sufficient info is gathered.

TMZ obtained a copy of the complaint, which will be filed in federal court this morning. In the complaint, Joe alleges Dr. Murray withheld vital information from the doctors and EMTs who were trying to save Jackson's life -- information that he had administered Propofol.

The complaint -- much like the intent to sue document TMZ first broke -- states that Murray tried to "clean-up the scene" before EMTs arrived.

Something new ... Murray told cops he was monitoring Michael when he gave him Propofol with a pulse oximeter, which measures the level of oxygen in a patient's blood.  But according to the suit, when police searched the scene, they found the oximeter "in the closet in the next room."

The complaint alleges Dr. Murray felt he could change his story -- from Jackson had no drug problem, to Jackson was addicted to Propofol -- because he kept no medical records, as required by California law.

The complaint alleges Joe Jackson has suffered more than $75,000 in damages, the minimum amount required to get jurisdiction in federal court.  The case was filed in federal -- not California court -- because Dr. Murray's residence is outside the state.

The suit claims Dr. Murray administered a "polypharmacy" of drugs to Jackson for months before his death.

Interestingly, Oxman does not allege in the lawsuit -- like he did in the notice to sue -- that Dr. Murray was at a strip club, drinking, hours before Jackson died.

The complaint says Jackson had a week pulse while he was being worked on at UCLA.  The strong intimation -- had Dr. Murray told UCLA doctors that Propofol was a factor, they could have taken steps to save Jackson's life.

And something else that's interesting.  It was widely reported that Joe Jackson introduced Michael to Dr. Murray in Las Vegas, after Jackson needed a doctor for his children in 2006.  But in the lawsuit, it says, "Defendants Murray, Acres Home (Murray's clinic in Houston) and Global (Murray's clinic in Nevada) solicited Michael Jackson to take care of his individual health needs."

And this sidenote -- When Jackson was taken to the UCLA Medical Center on June 25, he was admitted under the alias, Soule Shaun

Lou

I hope Joe Jackson doesn't get a dime. If any money is won it should go to Micheals kids. Michael is partly responsible in this also!!!!!!!

MeeMee

Although MJ was talented and did do a lot for the entertainment industry, today is just an anniversry, nothing more. Today as everyday, is about real people,like our soldiers overseas who put their lives on the line, and who may sacrifice it, with half the fanfare as a celebrity who other than a musical contribution has given little. Please put all of this into perspective.

hopey567

HE IS GUILTY HE NEEDS TO TAKE A LIE-DETECTOR IF HE DOESN'T. HE NEEDS TO GO TO JAIL OR GET SUED!!! THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN GET PASS THAT. HE COULD HAVE BEEN DRINKING BEFORE MJ EVEN DIED. WHY DID HE LEAVE HIM AFTER HE GAVE HIM THE DRUG? IF HE IS A DOCTOR HE WOULD BE SMART ENOUGH TO NOT LEAVE HIM A COUPLE OF SECONDS AFTER. AND SECONDLY WHAT KIND OF DOCTOR CALLS A CHILd TO SEE THERE FATHER JUST DIE IS HE JUST REALLY SAD!!!!!!!

Maggie

Everyone seems to be missing the point here, granted the docotr neglected his duties with Michael and should be held responsible but he did not murder him. Furthermore, where is Michael's responsibility in all this, everyone wants to blame everyone else but Michael. I'm an MJ fan too always have been, but sometimes you need to face reality, Michael slowly did this to himself. As, for Joe Jackson, he is nothing but a creep trying once again live off of Michael, and Katherine should be ashamed of herself, she too is trying to profit off of her son's death.

MJisALIVE

well, michael is alive thats why are wrongful the lawsuit lol

Hench

Would you expect anything other from Joe and a sleezy attorney..Joe is one GREEDY mofo...

I agree with #16 - MJ was not held down or under gunpoint..He was a junkie and one weird person who seemed to be a little to into little boys.Still wonder if he'd ever even had sex with a woman.

RIP MJ - at least away from your carnival of a family..

yvonne

Joe jackson- he makes me sick and I can't understand why he feels that he is entiled to anything thing.He dresses like a freaking pimp and he acts like one. Katherine on the other hand, is enabling him. She acts like a woman who has been controlled all her life. She needs to grow some balls and divorce mr. J.

Shadow

White people have higher instances of genetic diseases that cause deformities and have higher rates of autism and mental retardation. That might be from all the backwoods incestuous relationships among white people.

Me

#77 - The thing is, is Michael acted like he was god, thought he was god, and everyone around him, including all his fans treated him like god. You did what Michael told you to do. Period. If Michael Jackson walked up to any of his fans, and said I want you to jump off that 100 foot cliff over there, and see how many rocks you can hit on the way down, that fan or employee would say "Okayyy".. anyone of his fans including you would do it in a heartbeat. Why ? Because Michael Jackson asked you to do it. It is known that this drug was administered to Jackson before Conrad. Because of who Michael Jackson thought he was, and people made him feel he was, that is why he is dead.

Bonnie

Force the Media to Clear MJ's name ! It's Time!

Support MJJ MJ Justice 2010

Sign this petition!!!!!

Repost this request and also read

Michael Jackson Justice 2010 project... asking ppl to use the link in the videos and letter (cont) http://tl.gd/20s0no ...

Unknown

After the dust has settled what is left is Michael's music. The rest will not matter in 5, 10, 15, 20 years.His children will be there just like LMP to talk about there father and remind us of him. The arguement about genetics is ridiculous, all celebrities use other eggs and sperm Michael Jackson is not the first or the last. Michael was Paris, Prince, and Blankets father in everyway that matters. Our curiosity about Michael says more about who we are than about who he was.

The Music Will Always Live On...
Loving Michael Jackson and Missing The Legend

valeskas

Joe Jackson another name for greed. If someone should get money, it should be those children and not the father of MJ, who treated him so badly. Its a disgrace, what the Jackson family does.

Montanamama

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. The lawyer who filed this dreck should be disbarred for shear idiocy. PedoJackson's abusive father has no standing to bring a lawsuit against anyone. What a pathetic famewhore he is.

HumanNature

mj fan forever

I'm going to ask you AGAIN!!!

DOES IT MATTER???

If MJ's first wife say that he love SUNFLOWERS then I am going to believe her!!!!

LMP was MARRIED TO MJ AND SHE KNOW HIM BETTER THAN YOU!!!!

I really do not care about your dislike or hate toward LMP!!!

I don't know her or YOU as a matter of fact!!!!

SUNFLOWERS ARE "MY FAVORITE" FLOWER AND LMP SAYS THAT IT IS MJ's FAVORITE ALSO!!!

NOW WHAT????

SUNFLOWERS ARE "MY FAVORITE" FLOWER!!!!
SUNFLOWERS ARE "MY FAVORITE" FLOWER!!!!
SUNFLOWERS ARE "MY FAVORITE" FLOWER!!!!
SUNFLOWERS ARE "MY FAVORITE" FLOWER!!!!

I L.O.V.E SUNFLOWERS AND MJ "THE KING OF MUSIC"

LONG LIVE "THE KING"

MJ's LOVE = WORLD WIDE LOVE

(( LOVE HUG ))

Unbreakable by Michael Jackson

Now I'm just wondering why you think
that you can get to me with anything
seems like you'd know by now
When and how I get down
And with all that I've been through,
I'm still around

Don't you ever make no mistake
Baby I've got what it takes
And there's no way you'll ever get to me
Why can't you see that you'll never ever hurt me
'cause I wont let it be, see I'm too much for you baby

[CHORUS]
You can't believe it, you can't conceive it
and you can't touch me, 'cause I'm untouchable
and I know you hate it, and you can't take it
You'll never break me, 'cause I'm unbreakable

Now you can't stop me even thought you think
that if you block me, you've done your thing
and when you bury me underneath all your pain
I´m steady laughin', while surfacing

Don't you ever make no mistake
baby I've got what it takes
and there's no way you'll ever get to me
Why can't you see that you'll never ever hurt me
'cause I wont let it be, see I'm too much for you baby

[CHORUS 2x]

You can try to stop me, but it wont do a thing
no matter what you do, I'm still gonna be here
Through all your lies and silly games
I'm a still remain the same,I'm unbreakable

[Notorious B.I.G.]
Uh, uh, what, uh
A lime to a lemon, my D.C. women
Bringin in ten G minimums to condos with elevators in 'em
Vehicles with televisions in 'em
Watch they entourage turn yours to just mirages
Disappearing acts, strictly nines and macs
Killers be serial, Copperfield material
My dreams is vivid, work hard to live it
Any place I visit, I got land there
How can players stand there and say I sound like them
HELLO?!
Push wigs back and push six Coupes that's yellow
Plus clips that expand from hand to elbow
Spray up your Day's Inn, any 'telle you in
Crack braggin sick of braggin how my mink be draggin
Desert ease street sweeper inside the beamer wagon
I rely on Bed-Stuy to shut it down if I die
Put that on my diamond bezel, you're messin with the devil
WHAT!!

[CHORUS 3x]

mj fan forever

Human Nature

LMP is NOBODY:

I care of what say Michael Jackson personally. Not a bitch who bad-mouthing him all over the years.