NAACP: Mel Gibson

'Out of Control Racist'

7/1/2010 3:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. Chapter of the NAACP just reacted to Mel Gibson using the "N" word in an explosive fight with Oksana Grigorieva ... calling Mel "an out of date and out of control racist."

0701_naacp_mel_EX_TMZ_01
Leon Jenkins, President of the L.A. NAACP tells TMZ it's unfortunate a man "who has made his millions off of women, African-Americans and Jews harbor such racist, sexist, and anti-semitic feeling against people who have admired and respected him for decades."

Jenkins says "An apology is insufficent given his history of racism, sexism and anti-semitism."  Jenkins adds, "No amount of words will change his image as an out of date and out of control racist."

Jenkins does end, however, with this:  "Only a sustained period of positive acts can his legacy be redeemed."

jenn

Is there a law that 20 years ago I paid to see his movie and I want my money back. He would have loved Hitler, probably does now. Horrible, horrible man.

shad

Your a racist organization and are not legitimate in the publics eyes. Take a look int he mirror at your history. I don't like Mel for using these words...but c'mon the NAACP. They're a huge joke and waste of time!

James Jolley

WHITE PEOPLE ARE SO CLUELESS LOL

THE TERM "*****" THAT IS EXPRESSED IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY IS NOOOO WAY THE SAME IN THE WAY WHITES SAY IT. WHITES USE THAT WORD ONLY TO DEGRADE ANOTHER RACE (BLACK RACE). GET IT TOGETHER PEOPLE. YOU GUYS WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND THE SEVERITY OF THAT WORD WHEN ITS COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTHS ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU SAY IT HATEFULLY JUST LIKE MEL GIBSON DID. NOW WHEN I READ IT I HAVE TO ADMIT I LAUGHED A LIL BIT CAUSE IT WAS FUNNY. BUT SERIOUSLY WHITE PEOPLE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT ****** IS NOT JUST A WORD. ITS DISRESPECTFUL. VERY DISRESPECTFUL. UNTILL YOU GUYS FULLY UNDERSTAND HOW IT MAKES BLACK PEOPLE FEEL DONT COMMENT ON NOTHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ITS THAT SIMPLE. BLACK PEOPLE CHANGED THAT WORD INTO A FORM OF SELF LOVE AN EXPRESSION OF JUSTIFICATION.. A "*****" IS NOT AT ALL THE SAME AS "******". UNLESS YALL WANNA GET KNOCKED THE F OUT LOL..

Beautifulone

As a VERY PROUD BLACK WOMAN, I am not SURPRISED!!! Hell all WHITE PEOPLE say that **** behind closed doors. Just like ALL BLACK people SAY the say thing about WHITE people. We all do it. He was mad and saying ANYTHING to hurt her. I still like MEL. Do I think he is Racist?? NO, do I think he will say anything when he is mad. YES, because I do.... Leave the guy alone.

RIP

So what if he said the N word. He was in a private argument with his wife in his home and you can say whatever the f%@$ you want to in private lol. It's none of our business. He didn't know she was videotaping this.

NewEngland2

THE EYES NEVER LIE!!!!! I guess it's true when you look into his baby blues he looks like he is crazy and I guess he is. How did his wife put up with him for so long, I guess money does talk. What an evil Man he is. I hope he gets thrown right out of Hollywood into a pack of wolfs.

Jason

"sustained period of positive acts" in NAACP speak that means, "donations donations, donations." The NAACP is an out of date organization, the only positive thing they do is providing college scholarships. Everything else is usually all for the cameras.

creepy peepers!

im sick of every time i start likeing white people they come with a diss about us blackpeople that **** really hurts i guess i mightest well stay racist whites are not gonna never like us so why like them they are just mad cuz they are pell and we got color id rather be a n***** any day thank you, so you whitepeople take your pellness up with god cuz had nothing to do with it.

Posted at 12:21 PM on Jul 1, 2010 by denishawilliams

OMG Denisha, my sides hurt from laughing!!!! "pellness,mightest, diss, gonna" I had to read it 3 or 4 times to get what you meant! classic! you're a moron, a funny, funny, stereo-type moron, awwwwww!

RA

Although I dont condone what he said, I dont feel he owes any group an apology. This was a private fight between Mel and his girlfriend. No apology is necessary. Everyone says things in the heat of an arguement with their significant other. She was wrong to release these tapes or even tape him in the 1st place. She was always after his money anyway.

deborah

The NAACP is a racist organization and "positive acts" mean a large sum of money. Oksana Grigorieva is a hateful person.

Bob

We all need to remember that the NAACP is one of the most racist organizations ever to see the light of day. They make the KKK look tame. Keeping that in mind, their remarks ring very hollow. Although, Gibson does need to learn to keep his mouth shut!

CC

Does anyone wonder why an organization like the NAACP even exists in this day and age? I can't think of anything more discriminatory than a group that is for the furtherance of a specfic subset of the population.

I think it's time for groups like this to be dismantled.

hrba

Often wondered why he had virtually disappeared. Being disrespectful to every group that makes the industry is a real career killer ;0)

Dawn

No mention in this article of his use of 'whore' 'bitch' 'pig in heat' and 'rape' toward this woman? He threatened to burn her house down, but she will have (oral sex) with him first. Really? And the NAACP is most concerned about his use of the 'n' word? Are we so numb to abuse that the focus of outrage is about a racial epithet and not his sexually charged and violent threats toward a woman?

Lola

Give me a break. Who hasn't said things they maybe should not have in the heat of an argument with their spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend. And who gets a copy on tape except someone with their hand out. I'll go see your movies Mel.