NAACP: Mel Gibson

'Out of Control Racist'

7/1/2010 3:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. Chapter of the NAACP just reacted to Mel Gibson using the "N" word in an explosive fight with Oksana Grigorieva ... calling Mel "an out of date and out of control racist."

0701_naacp_mel_EX_TMZ_01
Leon Jenkins, President of the L.A. NAACP tells TMZ it's unfortunate a man "who has made his millions off of women, African-Americans and Jews harbor such racist, sexist, and anti-semitic feeling against people who have admired and respected him for decades."

Jenkins says "An apology is insufficent given his history of racism, sexism and anti-semitism."  Jenkins adds, "No amount of words will change his image as an out of date and out of control racist."

Jenkins does end, however, with this:  "Only a sustained period of positive acts can his legacy be redeemed."

Nanette

This is America - aren't you allowed to say whatever you want. And I agree with Ginger; black people say it all the time... It's just a word.

Amber

I don't see NAACP going after anyone that is black who says ****** only white people. NAACP and anyone who give's them one dollar for support are nothing more than racist. Soon I'll have a list of stars who back this black racist party, who gave them money and time. I'll post the list here on TMZ. That way if you band Mel Gibson for what he said in his own home, then we can all band these stars who make a living saying ******. Sorry I don't use the "N" word because we all know what it means.

Gene

NAACP I have to say this; If I were taken from my home/country and made a slave, all I would want is to be set free so I could go back to my home/country. So when all the slaves were freed why did they stay in America and then do nothing but bitch and complain for the next 145 years? They were given citizenship, the right to vote, and for the past 50 years they've had more rights and money than any one ethnic group in America, yet it goes on and on. The CP in NAACP means Colored Peoples, I am a person of color, I am white, isn't that a color? Talk about reverse discrimination. NAACP is prejudice towards whites.

kneejerk

I am not offended by anything Mel Gibson has to say in these "leaked" tapes. (Wonder who leaked them, Oksana?)

Mr. Bate

He's just being honest. So what.

Toya

Wow since when did private discussions become anybody's business much less that of the NAACP...Whatever Mel said was said in the privacy of his home, he is allowed to rant and say whatever he wants to within the four walls of his home/hotel or wherever.. I'm sure many of us have gotten into a fight with a significant other and said things out of context does that make us racist too.. Apparently, this woman isn't thinking. She wants the father of her child to be known as a racist but didn't think once how that could affect her child smh. Yes, Mel needs help with his temper tantrums but secretly recording a heated argument is stupid because for one she may have been provoking him to get that response

Mo

For all those who are uneducated, NAACP used to hold some of the Judaism faith on the leadership board. They are advocates for equality of all races and creeds.

It is not about the "N" word, it was about the image he portrayed Black individuals, as gang rapists. It is unethical and unprofessional to make these bold lies; and I am happy he is exposed for his lack of humanity.

I encourage all of you bigots to keep writing in your hate and follow suit. For these thoughts and beliefs will lead you nowhere but to the isolation you so desperately crave.

jlg

We are Americans and we can say whatever we want to say, except for fire and killing president. Other than that, we all can say whatever. All organizations that require you to be a certain color are racist orgs including NAACP, all black colleges, BET and all those Hispanic groups. Get over yourselves, you self righteous...

SunshiningTC

Let's do a profile of "THE PATRIOT". 1) He's AUSTRALIAN ( so the racist topic is forgiven 'cause in Down Under women glow and men plunder ). 2)Is a boy rised under hard Christianism,white power and went to Holywood killing,exploding,shooting and running against the law...like that MAD MAX lame guy! 3)He's obviously patriarchal... " Men rise and multiply...with many different women".4) The intelectuals that are spontaneously humble,simple people He calls: " PSEUDO-INTELECTUALS"...mainly if the guy is not a whitie...or half whitie...or even whitie but not from His country!! 5)He hates Jews 'cause He thinks they caused the death and suffering of our lord J.C. and even did a brutal ( and GOOD ) movie on that...but sometimes He's delusional melting the show w/reality. 6) like a DOWN UNDER PLUNDER He certainly needs treatment...and I think He deserves some comprehension in this fase of his wrecked life. 7)I like his movies and I think he's a good and tallented actor and now is time to JEWS show superiority,instead of revange,giving him another opportunity.

Aaron

NAACP is nothing more than a racist organization!!!!!!

Advance people on the basis of the color of their skin (BLACK ONLY) is the NAACP motto.

steve

Well first thing you have to remmember is Mel gibson is Bipolar. Something he has covered up for years and never really talks about. And he is a drinker as you can tell from the wrinkles on his face now. I had to quit a job before because I had a bipolar boss. its not fun. But I will say his movie career is over. The only people who can say the N word and get away with it are comedians and then it better be in a funny humorous way and not the Kramer method

Pongo

Dude's career is toast. He is simply despicable in every way and getting worse, not better with age. Guess the apple really doesn't fall very far from the tree. Sadly, he is his insane father's son.

Dave

NAACP??? GET F****D!!

PET

THE NAACP IS A RACIST ORGANIZATION. GLORIA ALLRED SHOULD SHUT HER PIE HOLE AS WELL. SHE IS A DISGRACE. ALL SHE DOES IS MAKE MONEY FOR GOLD DIGGING WHORES. AND AS FOR AL SHARPTON AND JESSE JACKSON, THEY HAVE MADE THEIR FAIR SHARE OF RACIST COMMENTS AS WELL SO SHUP UP.

Truth

So, where is the tape?

Where is the proof that it is Mel Gibson?

That's right. The media doesn't need those things.