Kelsey Grammer Was Done with Marriage

7/2/2010 10:38 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ ... Kelsey Grammer made it clear to his wife ... he didn't want to be married anymore, and his actions on Father's Day pushed Camille over the line.

Kelsey Grammer
TMZ broke the story ... Camille Grammer filed for divorce yesterday, citing "irreconcilable differences."

Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ ... the 13-year marriage started crumbling when Kelsey moved to New York earlier this year to star in "La Cage Aux Folles" on Broadway.

Camille stayed with their two kids in L.A. and flew back and forth to visit him, but sources say it became apparent "Kelsey loved New York, his friends and his freedom more than his marriage."

We're told the tipping point for Camille was Father's Day, when Kelsey was 2,475 air miles away from his family and didn't call his kids.

As one source said, "She doesn't know what Kelsey is doing in New York, but he's made it pretty clear he wants nothing to do with marriage anymore," adding, "She didn't see it coming."

Tourist

Let's see. After the 4 weeks of rehearsals, He's performing in a musical, 8 shows a week, Tuesday through Sunday, matinees Wednesday and Saturday. And she doesn't know what he's doing in New York City? The tv show flopped, he takes an out of town job. Work is work.

GG

Women keep trying to change this womanizing men. You can't them, eventually they go back to their lying, cheating ways. LOL Feel horrible for her and kids, especially after she nursed him back to health. Hope she gets a bundle off him.

hisbitch

first of all, who cares who makes the call, all these comments, he is not a father, so wtf, regarding his gayness, more power to him, but come out honey, he can't get it up anyway, but has no problem catching (if you know what I mean)

Terri

That's cuz he's a closet gay.

Nia

On Father's Day, SHE'S supposed to help the kids call him, not the other way around. Maybe she did, had to leave a message, and he didn't call back or wasn't there to receive the call from the kids or whatever. The story is too stupid to be the WHOLE story.

PSYCHO KILLA

First of all...I agree with # 1, the kids are suppose to call the father on Fathers Day, not the other way around! Nobody calls their own family on their own birthday to congratulate themselves...same thing.

Second of all... KG was not the only one pursuing his career. She was busy hobnobbing with celebrities in L.A. because she wanted to be on the show HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY HILLS. So in this case I think both of them are in the wrong.

Those "housewives shows" SUCK if you ask me....BORING, LAME, SCRIPTED, AND FAKE.

At least KG has a GOOD CAREER. If she really loved him, she would of followed and he would of insisted his family move with him to NY.

edude

His plastic surgery addicted wife does nothing but spend money and socialize. He doesn't respect her and he shouldn't. I think it's great that he's dumping her and hopefully will find someone younger and that cares about him. I hear this donkey can't even cook a microwave meal. The kids don't care, they didn't even call their father on Father's Day. Probably just use him for money. Leave them and forget them and start a happier life in New York! Mark it off as another ex playmate that can't do a thing other than take her clothing off.

Becky

another GOP hypocrite...family values my ass.

Michelle

If anyone has ever heard Kelsey's life story, they will know that it was filled with tragedy and termoil. His father was absent, his mother (if I remember right) a little looney, his younger sister murdered( as a 20year old he had to I.D. the body). He was raised by his grandparents. He had a ton of demons in his path. There was drugs and alcohol but it was that era. He has had difficulty being a good parent. But through it all he had the will and drive to make something of himself. Success for him never came easy. Even "Frasier" which I believe is still one of the best written/acted shows in T.V. history was ALWAYS over shadowed by Seinfeld, then Friends.

Being an addict of anything is a lifelong struggle. I bet there is something we don't know about. It will come out and I think it will make Kelsey & Camille look bad!!! It had very little to do with Father's Day!!

Kerr Mitchell

I have been a Father for 51 years. Duh, I always thought it was called "FATHERS DAY." Is that not the word FATHER and not CHILDERN. In 51 years the children called the FATHER on Fathers day people. You talking about a lady ready to bail. She used that as an excuse. Dumb.

Edguardo

enough with all the boohoohoo for this half of ***...yeah his early life had tragic events...he played that card to the public 20 years ago...doesn't give him the right to be an a**hole now...enough with the sad song for the right wing pig...the man is out cheating on his wife and blowing off his kids in the process...wtf is wrong with you wacko's...i guess it's allowed because he was famous...he'll find another hottie to cover up his longing for penis...he'll be fine...he'll still be wealthier than 99% of the country...boohooohooo...poor cheating dirt bag....boohooohooo....god reminds all to do onto to others...

Hyde

I don't give a rat's azz who didn't call whom on Father's Day. What's clear is he's chosen a life 2,000 miles away from his children. That speaks volumes about him.

Ahole. I won't be able to watch another episode of Frasier.

smartypants1

My sister & I have always planned Father's day. We always made plans. When we were young like his kids, our mother did more than help with the plans.
He was clearly working in N.Y., so I think his wife should have arranged to go to N.Y. with the kids.
So why the hard on for Kelsey? His "Barbie"/plastic looking wife should have planned something with the kids for their father.
If she had & he still was a jerk, then I would understand.
Isn't possible that he had to stay in N.Y. & thought his wife would do something with the kids for him?

I don't think he is a saint by any means (far from it).

I don't call people on my birthday. I don't know anyone who does. It's kind of the same thing isn't it?

Shenna

On Fathers Day the kids should call if they are too young the mother
should help them call.
What an odd thing to blame him for.
She could have moved to NY but it would have hurt her
Beverly Hills Wife reality show.
If she cares for her kids she should not have done a reality show where she will probably come off awful even if she is the
most wonderful gal in the world.

E

My Dad went to the racetrack for Father's day one year. All of us, half a dozen or so, go to see him for Father's day and he goes to the track! F... him and Kelsey
Camille would rather be banging me anyway. She is smoking!!!