Clooney -- Nearly Blasted in Fireworks Explosion

7/6/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George Clooney barely escaped a 4th of July disaster in Italy this weekend -- when a firecracker exploded right next to a boat carrying the actor, his girlfriend ... and another A-list celebrity.

0910_media_removed_Spencer_Pratt
Clooney -- along with his GF Elisabetta Canalis, Uma Thurman, and several other friends -- was  floating on Lake Como ... when the explosion rocked the boat.

So far, it's unclear if anyone on board was injured in the blast.

youreabungler

Really, Uma is an A-list? The same person who wrote that, also thinks Georges boy friend is one sexy lady.

Mashed Potatoes

That boat is WAY TO SMALL to safely carry that many people and and I don't see a life preserver in sight. You can have lots of money, but still have no brains! Of course George is in Italy and they are a lot behind the learning curve. Don't hear too much about the Italian Navy or Coast Guard. If that boat caught fire, no one would survive. The gasoline fueled fire would engulf them all. It would be a terrible tragedy.

lawntamersinc

George should have been here with me and out of harms way.

marmot

Are you listening, Stan? I hope you're happy. You, too, George. I hope your Faustian deal was worth it.

jillybean

What a small pathetic looking boat for all those people.

marmot

If he takes Canalis to the Ischia Film Festival or anywhere else with him from this point on, I'll never see another one of his movies again. I'll donate the money I would have spent to a charity.

electriczipper

when we were stationed in italy we celebrated 4th of july..so maybe some americans got togather and said hey lets celebrate 4th of july,....they are rich and famous,,they dont need excuses to have fireworks and parties i guess

electriczipper

I do not see 1 life vest,I guess the rules do not apply to them

TROY

Who wrote this article? It must been an ilegal immigrant...Any person that is an American knows that the 4th of July is America's birthday holiday,(Not Italy's). You better start checking the papers on your employees...That's right it dosen't matter you are in Califorina..LOL

Jon

This proves Clooney's full of hot air.

Donna

OMG!! You consider Uma Thurman A-list? Now that would be a tragedy of epic proportion!!!

Bamster

This is what happens when you let amateurs handle dangerous stuff.

viper

LMFAO! Priceless. Look at them scrambling lol

melissa

thats funny, i would love to see a video of this. if you have it or if anyone has one email me it.. thanks

tyler

That picture is hillarious.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments