Kelsey Grammer: I Called My Kids On Father's Day

7/6/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelsey Grammer had a lot to say about TMZ's story ... that Father's Day was a tipping point in his marriage that led Camille to file for divorce.

0705_kelsey_grammer_getty_reg
Kelsey posted on his blog that he ultimately did call his kids on the evening of Father's Day.  He says he was surprised they didn't call him in the morning. He also said he had texted Camille to wish her dad a happy Father's Day, hoping that would remind her to have the kids call him, which didn't happen.

Kelsey, who has been in New York doing a play, says, "I and two of my old buddies drove up-state to spend a little time in the mountains.  We stopped for dinner and when we got to the house (which has no cell service, by the way), I called them to see how they were doing as I do almost every night."  And, Kelsey says, "Perhaps it was foolish of me to expect a call on Father's day, but frankly I did."

Kelsey adds, "Mason had been upset earlier that day because she was missing me."

TMZ broke the story that Camille filed for divorce.  Kelsey wrote he and Camille had been discussing the possibility of separation for some time.

And, he says, "Certainly, the time will come when I do see another woman.  I expect Camille to see other men.  I hope people and the press will understand that we are both free to carry on with our lives."

nicetold2

It's hard to say but I'm 36 ,rich but still single.It's hard to get a girlfriend in my town ,most of them like my money more than like me.Ijust want to find my true love.so i uploaded my hot photos on
Agelover . c om under the name of sammy561.It's the best club for seeking
young or old hot guys .if you girls see this comment,i hope you will check my photos out there.maybe you are the one who i'm looking for!!!

jefferson

Jim, you definitely need to change your divorce lawyer, let me recommend http://bit.ly/bluYTI do not waste time and money.. choose a better divorce lawyer, sorry to hear about this and you will have better times soon.

Tia

Dude should of been spending time with his wife and kids instead of driving upstate to spend time in the mountains with his buddies. Regardless of whatever problems he was/is having with his wife his kids should be his priority not his "old buddies".

namers

He's already planning the post-breakup dating??

Bu

Kelsey should have been home with his wife and kids on fathers Day!

Fred Farkel

I have to laugh.

My adult kids asked me what I wanted for Father's Day.

"I WANT TO BE AS FAR AWAY FROM YOU AS POSSIBLE!!"

Pay no nevermind to the wife and/or kids Kelsey. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF - BECAUSE THAT'S ALL THEY ARE ULTIMATELY GOING TO DO - JUST TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES AND FORGET ABOUT YOU.

Truth

WHO THE EFF CARESSS!! BESIDES, WHO WOULD NAME THEIR DAUGHTER MASON. MORONS TO BEGIN WITH...

David

I'm sorry but she's upset that HE didn't call the kids on father's day???? I believe it is the kids that should call the father and if they weren't with him it is HER job to make sure THEY call HIM!!! I don't call my kids to ask them to wish me a happy birthday.

Ames

By the way that last comment reads, he is ALREADY seeing someone else. Saying that so the public won't be shocked when he 'starts' dating so soon.

Me

Number 10...learn to read

And, he says, "Certainly, the time will come when I do see another woman. I expect Camille to see other men. I hope people and the press will understand that we are both free to carry on with our lives."

And for the dumbassez that blame him for going away for his
Father's Day...u suck! Its Father's Day, its the mother's responsibility to make sure the kids get in contact with their father. I made sure my lil girl called and spoke to her father and didn't expect it to have to be the other way around. Just like a previous comment said...I don't expect to have to call someone to make sure they tell me Happy Birthday.

justsaying

For someone who asked for privacy in his quest for a divorce, he just keeps stoking the flames. Let people talk guy, and keep YOUR mouth shut.

fanboymagazine

He's so foppish that the weakest gaydar sees it. Kelsey, you're gay; man up. You hang with gays, you work with gays in theater and film and you surround yourself with gays. It doesn't make Grammar a bad person, just a public person who continues to bull**** his family.

Maria

I don't get it. This couple goes out of their way to adopt, or surrrogate-mother the hell outta someone.
For what ?

Ames

He cheated on her. It will all come out soon enough.

Mommy408

Am I missing something? He goes to the mountains and a house with no cell service and gets mad at her that she didn't have the kids call? Where were they supposed to reach him?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments