Mobster Mickey Spillane's

Son Falls to His Death

7/11/2010 12:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0710_bobby_spillane_bn_gettyBobby Spillane -- a small-time actor and son of legendary mobster Mickey Spillane -- fell out of a sixth floor window in Manhattan and died today. He was 45.

Foul play is not suspected.

Spillane had guest roles on "Law & Order" and "Rescue Me" and wrote an Off-Broadway play called "All Dolled Up" about a real-life cross-dressing gangster.

His father, Mickey, was gunned down in 1977.

Andolini

R.I.P this is soo sad..& to have his brother find him...

Omar B

What are you morons stuck on stupid? Mickey Spillane is an author of crime fiction, most notably the "Mike Hammer" series. ****ing amateurs, read a book sometime.

Tara

It's not usually the fall that kills you, it's the landing.

Tess

The point is not that there is 2 Mickey Spillanes. The point is why is TMZ covering this like this guy, this grown ass man who fell out of a window, who happens to be the adult son of someone that most people have never heard of, is celebrity news?

A couple of weeks ago, I fell in my kitchen; man did that hurt! Maybe I can get Perez Hilton to blog about it!

And for those saying that some of us obviously don't read...well maybe we ARE the ones that read...hence us knowing who the famous Mickey Spillane is..you know, that one that wrote books?

And thanks poster for the meatball recipe!

And lastly, but not least, thanks TMZ for at least breaking up your coverage of Michael Jackson's fortune..because I'm about to file against the Jackson estate for money...because time is money, and I've sure wasted enough of my time having to scroll through pages and pages and pages and pages of your coverage of this.

anonymous71

bobby was a wonderful person who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it, he will be terribly missed by those who loved him. could the morons who feel like it's funny to make mob jokes just zip it for one second? he wasn't pushed, it was a terrible accident. think how you would feel if you watched your brother fall to his death right in front of you? i just said hello to him on the street a few days ago and he had nothing but kind words to say to me. please try to refrain from the crap.

Rachele

This young man was somebody's child, brother, all of it, and yet the masses of mean-spirited comments going on about it being somehow mob-related keep on coming. This man was somebpdy's child, you sick b*stards! Grow up and knock it off already. It wasn't funny the first time and it isn't funny now! He's not a mobster, but some of you are idiots.

Celeste

It is obvious none of you are reporters. You can't research simple facts. The Mickey Spillane that they are speaking of WAS a MOBSTER, here is the link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Spillane_(mobster)

Jamaican sam

If any of you Americans had any respect for the language and your culture, you wouldn't keep using the word 'moron' over and over and over and over again.

It's mind-numbing to think that people can't put forth an argument in this day and age without having to use the word 'moron'.

Your steady fast food diets and constant need for stimulation from television has turned the brains of the average American to mush.

Grow up or take a valium.

common sense

ok if hes fatheer was GUNNED down and he mysteriously falls out a window. I SUGGEST FOUL PLAY

CAGB

You bunch of inconsiderate loosers, the man was an actor and writer!!! That is why TMZ is covering this story, not because of who his father was. He was also a son, a brother, husband and friend to many many people. Get a life and please move on to another subject and let this family grieve without your disgusting assumptions as to how this may have happened. Growing up in this neighborhood, we all talked to our family and neighbors out the window, not an odd thing for us native New Yorkers... A terribly sad and tragic accident occurs and all you animals want to do is twist it to make a good "story" out of it. You all should be ashamed...

b

I live in the hood were mickey spillane was in fact a gangster, he ran hell's kitchen in n.y.c. the computer age has allowed a bunch of silly little cowardly ***gots the opportunity to make disrespectful comments about his son and speak out of turn. if you were not sitting in front of your computer in your underwear in your moms basement,(the place you call home) you would be smacked up and down 9th avenue. make no comments that you would not make to his friends in person. you can respond any way you like but we both know you are afraid, you are cowards and deep down you know what i am saying about you is true

Rachele

I don't understand all the hateful posts insinuating that this was not an accident and that he is a mobster. He was not a mobster. Look it up! How would some of you feel if your child/spouse/friend/father fell to their deaths? Where is the empathy for this poor man? I pity him and his family and friends, of which I'm sure he had plenty . As far as having friends, I'm not so sure about some of you, I'm sorry to say. Is it really so difficult for some of you to have a heart? This is not humorous; nor is it an occasion for mean-spirited jokes. A little empathy is what is appropriate. Do some of you really need to be told this? Don't some of you have mothers or fathers who taught you anything?Is it really possible that so many people here are lacking a heart and soul? That is a truly frightening thought. One wants to weep. I survived an attempted murder two years ago, and the rumors that came out of that incident devastated my family and my husband, as well as myself.Sickening.I was shot in the head and had four brain surgeries and almost died, only to later hear stories about how my husband really did it. He was cleared, of course. He did no such thing. He was so hurt by those stories, as was I. The assailant was never found, so I guess why I still occasionally hear about mean-spirited whispers about having a husband who wants me dead and attempted to do it himself. To this day, I resent it terribly, and the disrespect of people daring to say such things about him still shocks me. I had to get in a few faces and tell them to shut the hell up. Those people did shut up, because they know we have a close friend who is a prominent judge in this city, which is a major U.S. city, and I made it clear tha twe would not hesitate to bring slander charges against the gossips. So they shut the hell up to avoid ending up in court facing a judge to whom we are very close. So I guess that's why the spiteful remarks here really chap my arse. Have some respect for this man and those who cared about him, and get a heart!

Tyrone

I was watching TMZ and Harvey made a statement that the former Ms. Mel Gibson defense of her racist ex-husband somehow carry weight because she does good things for people! BULL! White woman have live with serial killer,child molester, Mafia gang members, and white republicans. Mel's ex-white wife is the last to be trusted! White women can be just as racist as white men just as abusive! The ex-Ms.Gibson could have put up with Mel's abuse and just is ashamed to admit it! There is no way a man or a person gets that angry just one time! He talk to that women like she should have been grateful to be in his present! The man just didn't start hating Jews and black people today that woman was not the first woman he beat up! So I believe the ex-wife is like many white females in American THEY LIE! White women want the fantasy life where the husband can do know WRONG! Many white women are living with the enemy! They are being beat raped and belittle! So Mel's ex-wife word is NOTHING!

Tyrone